The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Withdrawing from SHU

So i've just completed my first year doing software engineering. At the end of the year I came to the conclusion that uni life wasn't for me. I've cancelled my payments for my second year on student finance. I've also emailed in a withdrawal form and have heard nothing since.

Have I missed anything? What else could I do?
Whilst that is all well and good can you just spend one day contacting the relevant people, just for peace of mind.

1. Your course tutor or department.
2. SHU and whoever deals with ongoing admissions, just to check you have done everyting they asked.
3. SLC.

They may have your withdrawl form, but at the moment you do not know for sure everyting above has been dealt with.

You can always try Uni later, maybe a different one or a different course.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by DanCul19
So i've just completed my first year doing software engineering. At the end of the year I came to the conclusion that uni life wasn't for me. I've cancelled my payments for my second year on student finance. I've also emailed in a withdrawal form and have heard nothing since.

Have I missed anything? What else could I do?

Hey Dan,

We think it would be a good idea to contact your course tutor and make sure to ring Admissions to let them know you are withdrawing. They will then make sure everything is tied up on their end and will be able to let you know if there are other things you need to do. Call them on 0114 225 5555.

Thanks,
Laura
Official Hallam rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending