The Student Room Group

Got physics homework for year 12 induction in mail.

Hello, the fact that i got physics homework makes me think i got into a level physics? Is this true? Because i'm sure they don't give out physics homework to those not doing a level physics.
Reply 1
Original post by NoahArcher
Hello, the fact that i got physics homework makes me think i got into a level physics? Is this true? Because i'm sure they don't give out physics homework to those not doing a level physics.

They may just be giving it to you in case you have got in so everyone starts the work at the same time.
Yes, but it might also depend on what you get for your GCSEs. Find out what the policies are for the sixth forn/college
I remember when I went to my year 12 induction day I got given homework, it just means they want you to get started with some work incase you decide you actually want to do that subject
It's probably just to prepare you or get ahead with the work. Also it gives you a taster of what you'll be doing so you could possibly decide to change your mind?
Why wouldn't you get into A level physics. The entry requirements can't be that high
Reply 6

How are you supposed to do the homework if you haven't learnt the content. Thats just one thing i am wondering lol
Reply 7
Original post by Amelia76
How are you supposed to do the homework if you haven't learnt the content. Thats just one thing i am wondering lol

Exactly. It perplexed me, but still im sure there are some online courses i could take to get a grasp
Reply 8
Exactly. It perplexed me, but still im sure there are some online courses i could take to get a grasp

You got yours quite early, i get my homeowrk on thr gcse results day

If when you showed up for your interview for college back during Year 11 and you had target grades that would get you into the course then yeah, I guess they'll send.

Colleges don't know your results so don't get your hopes up. They're just preparing you because it's most likely that you did get in, as not many people who went for A Levels are ones who slack off, but rather determined people.

Just do what is sent to you and wait for your results

Quick Reply

Latest