The Student Room Group

How often do you view the Islamic Society?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Zamestaneh
Ooh, tell me how you read it :tongue: Remember now, I won't be laughing at you, I will be laughing with you :fyi: :colone:

Das it mayn

I am not going to embarrass myself. :tongue:
I will keep it to myself. :u:

:iiam:

:toofunny:
Original post by Hydeman
And this is a bad thing? You did the same not more than three days ago. :lol:

Spoiler

I don't recall?
My mums a Wahabi and my dads a Sunni. Can someone tell me the difference?
Original post by Zamestaneh
When it comes to practising, how do you pray/which madhab do you follow? :K:

ermmmm i dunno
what is madhab?
Original post by champ_mc99
You're a sunni.

how?
Original post by *Alisha*
My mums a Wahabi and my dads a Sunni. Can someone tell me the difference?

They're both sunni.

Sunni Muslims who follow the Hanbali school of thought (e.g. saudi) are referred to as Wahhabis by their opponents. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Al-farhan
I don't recall?

Of course you don't. :rolleyes:
Original post by Reformed
i can see you ommited Amaddiya from your poll list. another chance to see what Isoc is all about.

Indeed. This thread only helps to highlight the sectarian issue which has marred previous editions of the I-Soc. The poll has produced some interesting results though and show there is quite a strong demand for a separate Sunni Society, much like there exists a separate Catholic society. I shall have to point the mods to this thread.
Original post by The Epicurean
The poll has produced some interesting results though and show there is quite a strong demand for a separate Sunni Society, much like there exists a separate Catholic society. I shall have to point the mods to this thread.

where all critisism of ISIS would be a reportable offense..

then we have serious argument for shutting down the current Islamic Society - especially as it seems all the members are now posting here istead.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
Of course you don't. :rolleyes:

Well I was waiting for you to point it, and show me.
But you sorely disappoint me.
Indeed. This thread only helps to highlight the sectarian issue which has marred previous editions of the I-Soc. The poll has produced some interesting results though and show there is quite a strong demand for a separate Sunni Society, much like there exists a separate Catholic society. I shall have to point the mods to this thread.

I fail to see the demand, poll shows demographics.
But there has been a demand?
By who?
Where?
Original post by Reformed
shutting down the current Islamic Society -

So now all your distortions, lies, fabrications make sense.
Since the above is your goal. And it seems by any means it seems including the deplorable acts mentioned above.
I fail to see the demand, poll shows demographics.
But there has been a demand?
By who?
Where?

The poll speaks for itself. There is a large Sunni demographic, some of whom wish to discuss matters relating to Sunni Islam only and some members have been somewhat prone to sectarianism. Seeing there is a large Sunni demographic, it would seem feasible to set up a separate Sunni society as there is a large enough number of individuals to sustain such a society. The idea would then be to reduce the sectarian nature of the I-Soc. There are Shia's, Ahmadi Muslims, Muslims who don't identify with any particular sect etc... who most likely are unable to post in the I-Soc as it can present an unwelcoming environment. The OP of the current I-Soc wont even make an edit to state the sectarian comments are forbidden. So it is quite understandable why some individuals may be somewhat daunted by posting in the thread. The Islamic society is supposed to be a non-denomination society open to all Muslims, and it seems the only way to achieve this goal (seeing that the OP of the I-Soc has been absolutely staunch in his unwillingness to make the I-Soc more inclusive) is to create a separate Sunni society to cater to this large and active Sunni population who aren't quite so open to the concept of an inter-denominational I-Soc.
x

one soc is more than enough.
And members of the isoc don't stand for sectarianism.
Of the few that may post objectionable material the other members always report/tell off.
Well I was waiting for you to point it, and show me.
But you sorely disappoint me.

I think it was when when certain people were implying that the isoc is full of terrorist sympathizers etc...Someone posted an imagine which contained the lions don't respond to the dogs quote in the middle of that.

I agreed with message in the pic anyway. Didn't see a problem then, don't see it now. :dontknow:
If only I could follow that message better :colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
one soc is more than enough.
And members of the isoc don't stand for sectarianism.
Of the few that may post objectionable material the other members always report/tell off.

One society should be enough, but as has been shown by the obstinate nature of the OP of the current I-Soc, it is not feasible. If the I-Soc is truly against sectarianism, then show it! A simple edit of the OP is all that is needed. Simply edit the OP and make clear that sectarian comments against minority groups such as Shia, Ahmadi, liberal Muslim etc... is not acceptable. This simple edit would be all that is needed. Instead, the OP goes on to create this poll and prove my point.
x

One soc has been enough for over 13 iterations with all demographics involved and participating in it.
One soc will still be enough despite all this confusion and claims.
Original post by IdeasForLife
I think it was when when certain people were implying that the isoc is full of terrorist sympathizers etc...Someone posted an imagine which contained the lions don't respond to the dogs quote in the middle of that.

I agreed with message in the pic anyway. Didn't see a problem then, don't see it now. :dontknow:

Well I'm still waiting on him to show me what he has claimed.
:s-smilie:
One soc has been enough for over 13 iterations with all demographics involved and participating in it.
One soc will still be enough despite all this confusion and claims.

And this proves my point. No attempt is being made to address the sectarianism. A simple edit of the OP is all that is required. A simple statement to say that the sectarianism that has marred previous editions will not be accepted. The fact that a simple edit can not be made shows that there is no other choice but to create a separate Sunni Soc.
And this proves my point. No attempt is being made to address the sectarianism. A simple edit of the OP is all that is required. A simple statement to say that the sectarianism that has marred previous editions will not be accepted. The fact that a simple edit can not be made shows that there is no other choice but to create a separate Sunni Soc.

Eperican please get off the B.S.
You claim all the previous iterations were marred by sectarianism. I expect you to direct us to where this has been taking place, else you can have a seat.
I personally don't mind what is added to the op. It is just an op ffs.
What will not be accepted are lies and fabrications that are being used to drive a narrative of creating discord with a possible bigger aim of attempting to shut down the isoc using these narratives.
When in fact you do not care about the people you all of a sudden appoint yourself their champion.
Also what kind of idiotic statement is it saying it is mandatory to add to the op:
''we should object to something that is already objectionable''
Otherwise if that is not added the thread is sectarian/racist?
That is insulting and utterly ridiculous.
And if that is mandatory for ths isoc op (else it is sectarian thread?)
Then I expect it becomes mandatory for all soc ops to have a similar addition.
Please start with the atheist soc.
(edited 7 years ago)
Eperican please get off the B.S.
You claim all the previous iterations were marred by sectarianism. I expect you to direct us to where this has been taking place, else you can have a seat.

I've spoken to the mods about it and they are fully aware of it. The fact that you are denying sectarianism only proves my point further. I have countless examples which I shall be presenting to the mods.

I personally don't mind what is added to the op. It is just an op ffs.

A simple editing outlining that sectarian comments towards other sects such as shia, ahmadi etc... is all that would be needed.

What will not be accepted are lies and fabrications that are being used to drive a narrative of creating discord with a possible bigger aim of attempting to shut down the isoc using these narratives.
When in fact you do not care about the people you all of a sudden appoint yourself their champion.

Where have I tried to shut down the I-Soc? I haven't called for the I-Soc to be shut down. I am calling for sectarianism to either be countered, or for a separate Sunni society to be created if this sectarianism cannot be addressed.

I speak up for causes which I believe are valid and worthy of being spoken up for. I am entitled to speak up for whatever causes I wish to. You cannot tell me what causes I can and cannot speak up for. You don't know where my allegiances lie or which people or groups of people I care about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending