The Student Room Group

Guys, do you find it a turn off if a girl is skinny fat/a bit curvy?

Scroll to see replies

what the heck does that even mean
What on earth is "skinny fat"?

Nobody likes a skeleton, neither does one like a whale. Everything in moderation, it's always just a balance.*
Original post by Anonymous
Would you rather date a girl who was skinny?

Why would that matter ?? I think men shouldn't just date a girl based on their appearance. I personally look for a good personality in a guy. Appearance comes later.
Original post by XMaramena

Nobody likes a skeleton, neither does one like a whale. Everything in moderation, it's always just a balance.*

Skinny fat is when you see people and they appear to have great bodies but really have low muscle mass and high internal fat levels.

The OP doesn't know what they are talking about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

I honestly dont mind!
Personality is everything!
Lean and curvy is good for me whatever that means 😏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
I like both. Skinny girls have such cute lil butts which stick out from their figure... but then the curves and big booty of a larger girl is lovely too! Most behinds are pretty good tbh XD. So whatever this "skinny fat" thing is I'm sure there are plenty of people who will appreciate your butt!

... Okay I'm talking about butt appreciation, time to go to sleep. >=>
Would you rather date a girl who was skinny?

No, because everyone has their own starting point.

If she's willing to work and improve on herself I.e working out = improves physical health in the long run then I'd personally find that a turn on as its something we'd have in common. :smile:
There's a big difference between skinny fat and 'curvy'

Spoiler

I know there's a difference; I'm kind of both I think though. I'm a size 8/size 10, I'm a bit skinny fat (i.e. I look okay in clothes but don't have much muscle tone) and I also have quite a curvy, hourglass shaped figure.
Original post by Davalla
Legit never heard of the term "skinny fat" before.

TSR teaches me so much.

Skinny fat means someone who is a healthy weight and quite slim looking but has a disproportionate amount of body fat and a low muscle mass.

I first heard it on TSR too haha!
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I don't know what skinny fat means. Being "a bit curvy" is a positive really

Skinny fat means someone who is a healthy weight and quite slim looking but has a disproportionate amount of body fat and a low muscle mass.
Original post by WBZ144
You can be curvy without being skinny-fat; it's all about proportions.

For an example: if the fat is going to the stomach, thighs or arms, that's not curves. Being curvy is about having a small waist with wider hips than is usual for a particular.

It depends on the guy; for every body shape you can find guys who love it.

The thing is, I would say that I'm both. I'm skinny fat because I look slightly chubby and don't have much muscle and I'm also curvy because I have an hourglass shaped figure with a small waist and a proportionally bigger bust and hips. I'm a size 8-10 and I'm 5"2.
Original post by sleepysnooze
how about 'just don't be fat'? seems to work for most girls.

I hope I'm not fat. I'm usually a size 8, sometimes a size 10 (UK sizes) and I'm 5"2. Does that sound too chubby?
Original post by Moonstruck16
I think the OP and a lot of the rest of you really need to read up on what 'skinny fat' means...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do know what skinny fat means. See my replies to other people.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
what the heck does that even mean

See my previous replies.
Original post by XMaramena

See my replies to other people about what skinny fat means.

Well, hopefully I'm not a skeleton or a whale. :tongue:
Original post by *Alisha*
Why would that matter ?? I think men shouldn't just date a girl based on their appearance. I personally look for a good personality in a guy. Appearance comes later.

I would be more interested in personality as well but from what I've seen guys seem to be more interested in looks.
Original post by Moonstruck16
Skinny fat is when you see people and they appear to have great bodies but really have low muscle mass and high internal fat levels.

The OP doesn't know what they are talking about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do know what I'm talking about and there is no need to be quite so rude.
Original post by saraxh

Spoiler

Lucky, that's the best body type. What clothes size are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest