The Student Room Group

A-Level History/Chemistry swap

Hi, I've not done my best in Alevel chemistry and so I'd liked to swap it out with A-level history...
I've not done good in my A-level chemistry so I've switched it out for A-level history. I provided the conditions, the conditions being that if I get a grade C or higher in the specimen papers once I return from the summer holidays, ill be able to carry on with year 2. I now have 5 odd weeks to cover the entire AS syllabus for The Tudors and Russian revolution. I am a little scared and worried because I don't know how to cover so much in such a little amount of time. Can anyone give me advice or tips on planning, reading textbooks and making notes for History please? also any tips on managing time would be greatly appreciated! I have an engineering residential coming up in the next week (24-28th july) and also work part time at McDonalds. I have been given a place for NCS but I am not sure if ill be able to go due to the current circumstances

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hussy_kK
Hi, I've not done my best in Alevel chemistry and so I'd liked to swap it out with A-level history...
I've not done good in my A-level chemistry so I've switched it out for A-level history. I provided the conditions, the conditions being that if I get a grade C or higher in the specimen papers once I return from the summer holidays, ill be able to carry on with year 2. I now have 5 odd weeks to cover the entire AS syllabus for The Tudors and Russian revolution. I am a little scared and worried because I don't know how to cover so much in such a little amount of time. Can anyone give me advice or tips on planning, reading textbooks and making notes for History please? also any tips on managing time would be greatly appreciated! I have an engineering residential coming up in the next week (24-28th july) and also work part time at McDonalds. I have been given a place for NCS but I am not sure if ill be able to go due to the current circumstances

Why do you want to swap to A-level History?Also, is it necessary to set yourself such a target in just 5 weeks?

Quick Reply