The Student Room Group

Cambridge Natural Science Assessment

xx
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by emmabnewman
Hey everyone,

I'm taking a look at the sample questions for the new Cambridge Natural Science Assessment. I'm currently studying for the French Bac and trying to compare my curriculum to the 'assumed knowledge' for the test. Perhaps it's just the French to English translation but it all sounds very difficult to me. My discouragement is heightened by the fact that I'm told it's only GCSE level?
Anyway, just wanting to know what British students feel about it, in terms of the content and style of the test, is it similar to A-Levels? Have you started studying for it?
Any other international students out there?

Just to make sure, have you read through this document? I'm not taking this exam but skimming through the specification, there's nothing that looks hugely surprising to me, although some of that content is above GCSE Level (Part E, in particular). You can choose which sections to answer though (to some extent) so you don't need to know everything there, again refer to that document for information.
Reply 2
xx
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by emmabnewman
Yes, that's the document I was looking at. My issue is that it does not really stick to what I've been taught in France in terms of the actual subject matter and the types of questions.

Well I'm afraid that's the assumed knowledge you're expected to have going into the exam. Since the majority of people taking the exam are going to be UK students, the assumed prior knowledge will be aligned with the UK education system. Most of the stuff in that specification is fairly basic though so I'd be surprised if there's a huge amount of extra stuff you'd need to cover, although I don't know much about the system in France, sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending