The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "While I was sleeping I saw (in a dream) some people wearing shirts of which some were reaching up to the breasts only while others were even shorter than that. Umar bin Al-Khattab was shown wearing a shirt that he was dragging." The people asked, "How did you interpret it? (What is its interpretation) O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)?" He (the Prophet (ﷺ) ) replied, "It is the Religion."

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عُبَيْدِ اللَّهِ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا إِبْرَاهِيمُ بْنُ سَعْدٍ، عَنْ صَالِحٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ أَبِي أُمَامَةَ بْنِ سَهْلٍ، أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ أَبَا سَعِيدٍ الْخُدْرِيَّ، يَقُولُ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ بَيْنَا أَنَا نَائِمٌ رَأَيْتُ النَّاسَ يُعْرَضُونَ عَلَىَّ، وَعَلَيْهِمْ قُمُصٌ مِنْهَا مَا يَبْلُغُ الثُّدِيَّ، وَمِنْهَا مَا دُونَ ذَلِكَ، وَعُرِضَ عَلَىَّ عُمَرُ بْنُ الْخَطَّابِ وَعَلَيْهِ قَمِيصٌ يَجُرُّهُ ‏"‏‏.‏ قَالُوا فَمَا أَوَّلْتَ ذَلِكَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ قَالَ ‏"‏ الدِّينَ ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 23
In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 16
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 1, Book 2, Hadith 23
(deprecated numbering scheme)

Adding unto this post, courtesy of Ash Ketchup:

Spoiler

Original post by HAnwar
Yeah have fun just standing there constantly having to stir it :tongue:

You can use any broken rice. I use Basmati.
Let me know how it goes yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol :tongue:

I'll let you know :u:
Original post by Inve
Lol :tongue:

I'll let you know :u:

Good luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 343
حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو الْيَمَانِ، أَخْبَرَنَا شُعَيْبٌ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو الزِّنَادِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏"‏ لاَ تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ حَتَّى تَقْتَتِلَ فِئَتَانِ عَظِيمَتَانِ، يَكُونُ بَيْنَهُمَا مَقْتَلَةٌ عَظِيمَةٌ، دَعْوَتُهُمَا وَاحِدَةٌ، وَحَتَّى يُبْعَثَ دَجَّالُونَ كَذَّابُونَ، قَرِيبٌ مِنْ ثَلاَثِينَ، كُلُّهُمْ يَزْعُمُ أَنَّهُ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ، وَحَتَّى يُقْبَضَ الْعِلْمُ، وَتَكْثُرَ الزَّلاَزِلُ، وَيَتَقَارَبَ الزَّمَانُ، وَتَظْهَرَ الْفِتَنُ، وَيَكْثُرَ الْهَرْجُ وَهْوَ الْقَتْلُ، وَحَتَّى يَكْثُرَ فِيكُمُ الْمَالُ فَيَفِيضَ، حَتَّى يُهِمَّ رَبَّ الْمَالِ مَنْ يَقْبَلُ صَدَقَتَهُ، وَحَتَّى يَعْرِضَهُ فَيَقُولَ الَّذِي يَعْرِضُهُ عَلَيْهِ لاَ أَرَبَ لِي بِهِ‏.‏ وَحَتَّى يَتَطَاوَلَ النَّاسُ فِي الْبُنْيَانِ، وَحَتَّى يَمُرَّ الرَّجُلُ بِقَبْرِ الرَّجُلِ فَيَقُولُ يَا لَيْتَنِي مَكَانَهُ‏.‏ وَحَتَّى تَطْلُعَ الشَّمْسُ مِنْ مَغْرِبِهَا، فَإِذَا طَلَعَتْ وَرَآهَا النَّاسُ ـ يَعْنِي ـ آمَنُوا أَجْمَعُونَ، فَذَلِكَ حِينَ لاَ يَنْفَعُ نَفْسًا إِيمَانُهَا لَمْ تَكُنْ آمَنَتْ مِنْ قَبْلُ، أَوْ كَسَبَتْ فِي إِيمَانِهَا خَيْرًا، وَلَتَقُومَنَّ السَّاعَةُ وَقَدْ نَشَرَ الرَّجُلاَنِ ثَوْبَهُمَا بَيْنَهُمَا، فَلاَ يَتَبَايَعَانِهِ وَلاَ يَطْوِيَانِهِ، وَلَتَقُومَنَّ السَّاعَةُ وَقَدِ انْصَرَفَ الرَّجُلُ بِلَبَنِ لِقْحَتِهِ فَلاَ يَطْعَمُهُ، وَلَتَقُومَنَّ السَّاعَةُ وَهْوَ يُلِيطُ حَوْضَهُ فَلاَ يَسْقِي فِيهِ، وَلَتَقُومَنَّ السَّاعَةُ وَقَدْ رَفَعَ أُكْلَتَهُ إِلَى فِيهِ فَلاَ يَطْعَمُهَا ‏"
‏‏.‏
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The Hour will not be established (1) till two big groups fight each other whereupon there will be a great number of casualties on both sides and they will be following one and the same religious doctrine, (2) till about thirty Dajjals (liars) appear, and each one of them will claim that he is Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), (3) till the religious knowledge is taken away (by the death of Religious scholars) (4) earthquakes will increase in number (5) time will pass quickly, (6) afflictions will appear, (7) Al-Harj, (i.e., killing) will increase, (8) till wealth will be in abundance ---- so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say, 'I am not in need of it, (9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings, (10) till a man when passing by a grave of someone will say, 'Would that I were in his place (11) and till the sun rises from the West. So when the sun will rise and the people will see it (rising from the West) they will all believe (embrace Islam) but that will be the time when: (As Allah said,) 'No good will it do to a soul to believe then, if it believed not before, nor earned good (by deeds of righteousness) through its Faith.' (6.158) And the Hour will be established while two men spreading a garment in front of them but they will not be able to sell it, nor fold it up; and the Hour will be established when a man has milked his she-camel and has taken away the milk but he will not be able to drink it; and the Hour will be established before a man repairing a tank (for his livestock) is able to water (his animals) in it; and the Hour will be established when a person has raised a morsel (of food) to his mouth but will not be able to eat it."

Sahih Bukhari
(Afflictions and the End of the World)
Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 7121
In-book reference : Book 92, Hadith 68
Ibn al-Qayyim said, “The true essence of Tawbah is to return to Allah and to adhere to what He loves and renounce that which He hates Tawbah is a journey from the disliked to the liked.” (al-Madārij)
Love, tolerance, and the ability to accept disagreements:

Over the weekend, my sunni family came over to my house, to share time with one another, and to catch up. My cousin a salafi, my aunt, a sunni, and my female cousin, a sunni, all came over to my house (shia).

I and my salafi cousin started our day with listening to various recitations of the Holy Quran he had recorded, through this travels in different mosques praying Taraweh.

As a shia muslim, i did not question him about the validity of the prayer, or incite the debate. Rather, i decided that at this moment and at this point of time, we will both share in the joys of listening to the Noble verses of the Holy Quran, as they ought to be recited, in beautiful recitations.

We had a few theological discussions, carried out in a way that was peaceful, sensitive, and tolerant. Despite our disagreements on issues, we did not allow that to be a factor in inciting hatred between us, inciting discord between us, and causing each of us to have hatred for the other.

Rather, our relationship is on the fundamental principle on uniting with what is common, and agreeing to disagree on what is not. That coupled with the understanding that amidst disagreements, theological points of view, and historical differences, as human beings, we must show mercy towards one another.

Mercy, in fully understanding that we each hold beliefs, and each hold symbols we revere, and that each of us respects (whatever our beliefs) the symbols of the other.

This is the hall mark of civility, of tolerance, of humanity. The ability to disagree on key issues one day, and wake up the next morning on the dining table and share a humorous memory of a time bygone.

May Allah azwj open the heart of this Ummah to love, peace, tolerance, and humanity. May he help us stand for peace, truth and justice, even if it be against ourselves.
Narrated `Abdullah:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Whenever a person is murdered unjustly, there is a share from the burden of the crime on the first son of Adam for he was the first to start the tradition of murdering."

حَدَّثَنَا عُمَرُ بْنُ حَفْصِ بْنِ غِيَاثٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي، حَدَّثَنَا الأَعْمَشُ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مُرَّةَ، عَنْ مَسْرُوقٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم "‏ لاَ تُقْتَلُ نَفْسٌ ظُلْمًا إِلاَّ كَانَ عَلَى ابْنِ آدَمَ الأَوَّلِ كِفْلٌ مِنْ دَمِهَا، لأَنَّهُ أَوَّلُ مَنْ سَنَّ الْقَتْلَ ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 3335
In-book reference : Book 60, Hadith 10
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 4, Book 55, Hadith 552
"Be like that flower which gives its' fragrance even to the hand that crushes it"

مَثَلُ الَّذِينَ اتَّخَذُوا مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ أَوْلِيَاء كَمَثَلِ الْعَنكَبُوتِ اتَّخَذَتْ بَيْتًا وَإِنَّ أَوْهَنَ الْبُيُوتِ لَبَيْتُ الْعَنكَبُوتِ لَوْ كَانُوا يَعْلَمُونَ

“The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of the spider, who builds (to itself) a house; but truly the flimsiest of houses is the spider's house;- if they but knew. [29:41]
Narrated Ibn `Abbas:

The Prophet (ﷺ) used to seek Refuge with Allah for Al-Hasan and Al-Husain and say: "Your forefather (i.e. Abraham) used to seek Refuge with Allah for Ishmael and Isaac by reciting the following: 'O Allah! I seek Refuge with Your Perfect Words from every devil and from poisonous pests and from every evil, harmful, envious eye.' "

حَدَّثَنَا عُثْمَانُ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا جَرِيرٌ، عَنْ مَنْصُورٍ، عَنِ الْمِنْهَالِ، عَنْ سَعِيدِ بْنِ جُبَيْرٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ قَالَ كَانَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم يُعَوِّذُ الْحَسَنَ وَالْحُسَيْنَ وَيَقُولُ "‏ إِنَّ أَبَاكُمَا كَانَ يُعَوِّذُ بِهَا إِسْمَاعِيلَ وَإِسْحَاقَ، أَعُوذُ بِكَلِمَاتِ اللَّهِ التَّامَّةِ مِنْ كُلِّ شَيْطَانٍ وَهَامَّةٍ، وَمِنْ كُلِّ عَيْنٍ لاَمَّةٍ ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 3371
In-book reference : Book 60, Hadith 50
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 4, Book 55, Hadith 590
This is my own analogy, based off a story i had heard. I am not quoting the story word for word or claiming anyone said it, but the meaning is preserved:

A fake mother, and the real mother, a baby, taken to a judge, and the judge is asked to discern which the real mother is - as both claim to be. The judge says ' i will throw the baby into the river unless you decide upon who the real mother is'. The real mother says, give the other the baby! Immediately, the judge knows the mother who, for the sake of her child, decided to relinquish her right, is the real mother.

This is how i look at the religion of Islam. Sometimes, you have the chance to fight, to argue, to show hostility, but you recognise in our Ummah, the division and discord will only lead to the fall of Islam itself, you swallow your pride, you relinquish your right, you make peace with one another, you offer peace even if it is unrequited.

Islam is as precious as a baby. The way a child is like the whole mothers life and so dear, that she would give up her child to save its' life, so too, must islam be like that baby we want to nurture.

There are times where you say all you know, voice an opinion, engage, argue, and there are times where you swallow the bitter pill of patience, and look to the greater good. You do not want to see a mosque, a country, and even a thread dedicated to the dhikr of Allah engulfed in argument.

May Allah bring love and mercy between every single brother/sister on this thread, without any exception. I hold not a mustard seed of prayer against for any of you, and have prayed for every single one of you in my salah, even if i have strongly condemned/disagreed with your words and actions.
(edited 7 years ago)

Very few things are sweeter to me (personally) than congregational prayer with brothers from other madhabs in Islam. Because that salah proves that the dhikr of Allah azwj and his worship trounces all theological/historical disagreements.
Narrated `Abdullah:

The best talk (speech) is Allah's Book 'Qur'an), and the best way is the way of Muhammad, and the worst matters are the heresies (those new things which are introduced into the religion); and whatever you have been promised will surely come to pass, and you cannot escape (it).

حَدَّثَنَا آدَمُ بْنُ أَبِي إِيَاسٍ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، أَخْبَرَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ مُرَّةَ، سَمِعْتُ مُرَّةَ الْهَمْدَانِيَّ، يَقُولُ قَالَ عَبْدُ اللَّهِ إِنَّ أَحْسَنَ الْحَدِيثِ كِتَابُ اللَّهِ، وَأَحْسَنَ الْهَدْىِ هَدْىُ مُحَمَّدٍ صلى الله عليه وسلم، وَشَرَّ الأُمُورِ مُحْدَثَاتُهَا، وَإِنَّ مَا تُوعَدُونَ لآتٍ، وَمَا أَنْتُمْ بِمُعْجِزِينَ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 7277
In-book reference : Book 96, Hadith 10
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 9, Book 92, Hadith 382
Reply 355
Original post by Tawheed
"Be like that flower which gives its' fragrance even to the hand that crushes it"

One of my favourites. :biggrin:
Reply 356
Reply 357
Original post by Tawheed
Love, tolerance, and the ability to accept disagreements:

Over the weekend, my sunni family came over to my house, to share time with one another, and to catch up. My cousin a salafi, my aunt, a sunni, and my female cousin, a sunni, all came over to my house (shia).

I and my salafi cousin started our day with listening to various recitations of the Holy Quran he had recorded, through this travels in different mosques praying Taraweh.

As a shia muslim, i did not question him about the validity of the prayer, or incite the debate. Rather, i decided that at this moment and at this point of time, we will both share in the joys of listening to the Noble verses of the Holy Quran, as they ought to be recited, in beautiful recitations.

We had a few theological discussions, carried out in a way that was peaceful, sensitive, and tolerant. Despite our disagreements on issues, we did not allow that to be a factor in inciting hatred between us, inciting discord between us, and causing each of us to have hatred for the other.

Rather, our relationship is on the fundamental principle on uniting with what is common, and agreeing to disagree on what is not. That coupled with the understanding that amidst disagreements, theological points of view, and historical differences, as human beings, we must show mercy towards one another.

Mercy, in fully understanding that we each hold beliefs, and each hold symbols we revere, and that each of us respects (whatever our beliefs) the symbols of the other.

This is the hall mark of civility, of tolerance, of humanity. The ability to disagree on key issues one day, and wake up the next morning on the dining table and share a humorous memory of a time bygone.

May Allah azwj open the heart of this Ummah to love, peace, tolerance, and humanity. May he help us stand for peace, truth and justice, even if it be against ourselves.

Ameen.
Need a couple leaders like Umar (ra) today

“The most precious reward during life is to busy yourself with most suitable and useful matters in their exact and suitable time.How can he be rational who sells Paradise and what is in it, for one hour of passing pleasure?”

[Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah RahimahuAllah]

Latest

Trending

Trending