The Student Room Group

One month to go, how do we feel?

So my app tells me that results day is one month away, and I just wondered how everyone's feeling...confident? Petrified? Couldn't care less?

I'll be getting my AS results this summer, and I'm bloody terrified XD

Scroll to see replies

scared af
Reply 2
Getting A2 results so I'm a complete mess. It's either AAA/A*AB or hello clearing !
Reply 3
Original post by Reaver Daniels
I'm getting my AS results too. I'm predicted AAAB, but it could be anything from AABB to AAAA. Who knows? If it's less than my prediction though then I'm kissing Oxford goodbye. 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile

See my college is so hopeless they never released our predicted grades to us. I kind of appreciate that though, means I'll be less disappointed if the grades were worse. I'm hoping for AABC...likely scenario however is something like BBBD:s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by fefssdf
Getting A2 results so I'm a complete mess. It's either AAA/A*AB or hello clearing !

Oh jeez that's a high offer to meet! Are you confident?
Reply 5
Original post by Cari98
Oh jeez that's a high offer to meet! Are you confident?

Both my firm and insurance want the same grades and my confidence is like 4/10 ... It all depends whether the person who marks my English paper is feeling generous or I'm screwed arghh
Reply 6
I'm terrified of getting AS results, at least I get them before my birthday. Saves the suspense.
😭😭😭😭😭I think I flopped chemistry a2 ocr
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Reaver Daniels
I'm getting my AS results too. I'm predicted AAAB, but it could be anything from AABB to AAAA. Who knows? If it's less than my prediction though then I'm kissing Oxford goodbye. 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah last year I was praying for AAAA and got AAAB but was gutted but remember you can always retake stuff and Oxbridge isn't gonna be out of reach like someone I know got an interview for Cambridge and they got AAAB for AS :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by fefssdf
Both my firm and insurance want the same grades and my confidence is like 4/10 ... It all depends whether the person who marks my English paper is feeling generous or I'm screwed arghh

They both want the same? That must be so much pressure! I'm sure you'll do great though! Where are you looking to go?

(btw I see you on TSR like legit every day ahaha:biggrin:)
I went through all this last year and luckily I was fine
Reply 11
You guys should just enjoy the summer and forget about it until the day actually comes. What's done is done, there is nothing you can do about it. Look ahead, obviously if you are disappointed then life is not over - just make a mental note to improve yourself.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by ODES_PDES
I went through all this last year and luckily I was fine

Hope I am too:s-smilie:
Original post by Cari98
Hope I am too:s-smilie:

Good luck
The thing is if I fail it just makes my long term life plan a little bit more complicated but overalI I think I should at least hit AAB.
Reply 15
Original post by Dnkz7
You guys should just enjoy the summer and forget about it until the day actually comes. What's done is done, there is nothing you can do about it. Look ahead, obviously if you are disappointed then life is not over - just make a mental note to improve yourself.

Thank you! Had to remind myself last year that there is actually a day after results day, and life doesn't just end on that day ahaha:biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by Cari98
Thank you! Had to remind myself last year that there is actually a day after results day, and life doesn't just end on that day ahaha:biggrin:

:biggrin: we can both worry together. I guess the only advice I can give to take your mind of things is to start on your PS early, look at the uni's you want to apply to and read over what the course teaches. If you are confident that you'll pass (I think we all will most likely) then read over the A2 content because once September arrives it will be hitting you like a train until you collect your results again by Aug 2017 for uni
Reply 17
Original post by Dnkz7
:biggrin: we can both worry together. I guess the only advice I can give to take your mind of things is to start on your PS early, look at the uni's you want to apply to and read over what the course teaches. If you are confident that you'll pass (I think we all will most likely) then read over the A2 content because once September arrives it will be hitting you like a train until you collect your results again by Aug 2017 for uni

Oh God don't remind me how little time I have left!:biggrin: Yr12 went by like a flash, and next year's going to be busier so I dread to think how quick that'll go:s-smilie: I think I have my top 2 uni choices pretty much down, I just need to find some good backup unis. Thanks for the advice, we'll do great:smile:
Original post by Dnkz7

Reading this in Sasuke's voice makes it even more reassuring
Reply 19
I am also waiting for AS results with some horror, though less than I will be feeling next year. At the beginning of year 12, I think I was aiming for AAAA. Now I would be absolutely over the moon with BBBB but realise that there will probably be Cs and maybe a D in there too! My concern is predicted grades and having to show flopped AS results to universities with high A Level entry requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest