The Student Room Group

There's a ****ing mouse under my bed. Someone save me!!!!!! :OOO

I was about to sleep, but I heard something scratching the walls and then I heard the sound coming from under my bed.
My mum was telling me she had seen one, but we killed it. This confirms my theory that the ****ing mice are coming from the attic (mum didn't believe me on this).
So yeah. I'm literally curled up in the corner of my bed, and I don't think I'll be able to sleep.
I was reading a book beforehand and luckily it was on the side of my bed. I'm planning to use it to kill the mice if it ever comes to that.
Any advice is welcomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Chill out bro, it's only a mouse

if it was a spider or a cockroach on the other hand i'd be praying 4 u lol
and you turn to TSR for help? :redface:
get a black bin bag, torch/light and possibly a brick. *

*place the bag on the floor near your bed then flash the light under your bed. the mouse will very likely run inside the bag. then it's up to you if you want to kill it or throw it out. good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I was about to sleep, but I heard something scratching the walls and then I heard the sound coming from under my bed.
My mum was telling me she had seen one, but we killed it. This confirms my theory that the ****ing mice are coming from the attic (mum didn't believe me on this).
So yeah. I'm literally curled up in the corner of my bed, and I don't think I'll be able to sleep.
I was reading a book beforehand and luckily it was on the side of my bed. I'm planning to use it to kill the mice if it ever comes to that.

OMG r u sure ur not my sister writing this? We've had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM my bedroom is in the attick too!! The advice I would give you is open ur bedroom door the mouse wants to escape ur room so let it go. Also make sure u don't have any food in ur room those little ****ers can smell food 10 rooms away. In the morning make sure u clean ur room don't leave stuff on floor pick up bags because they love tearing up bags*
Try not to squeal though that might prove to be difficult. If I were in your shoes, I would either - a, chase it out the room, shut the door and windows and go to sleep - b, scream mouse to alert the house, find something to kill or trap it and then execute action. Since it's 00:07 and I'm sleepy, I'd go with a.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Switch a light on and make a bit of noise. If it becomes a frequent problem, try ultrasonic repellers.

I'd think twice before whacking a mouse with a book :/
Original post by Superman_Jr

*place the bag on the floor near your bed then flash the light under your bed. the mouse will very likely run inside the bag. then it's up to you if you want to kill it or throw it out. good luck!

That's actually pretty good idea lol
Has it worked for you?

Posted from OtherWorld
Reply 8
OMG r u sure ur not my sister writing this? We've had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM my bedroom is in the attick too!! The advice I would give you is open ur bedroom door the mouse wants to escape ur room so let it go. Also make sure u don't have any food in ur room those little ****ers can smell food 10 rooms away. In the morning make sure u clean ur room don't leave stuff on floor pick up bags because they love tearing up bags*

I have those beds that you can can lift up, and it's where all my books are. It's literally in my bed to put it that way! There a tiny hole in it and I think that's how it got through. I don't want to open the door, since it'll be harder to catch afterwards. I actually want to keep it in the room so I could kill it later onward. My room isn't that messy, but I'm 100% cleaning it with bleach.
Thanks for the suggestions
Reply 9
Original post by george_c00per
Chill out bro, it's only a mouse

if it was a spider or a cockroach on the other hand i'd be praying 4 u lol

I've always been terrified of mice!!! They're freaking nasty creatures. Please pray for me man
Reply 10
I feel for you! There were mice in a house I rented, it was awful. I read somewhere that peppermint oil works as a good repellent. I did try that. Plus your house will constantly smell like peppermint, so it'll put off the mice as well as unblock your nose and clear your airways lol. Bonus. Can't go wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can buy a mouse trap at the £1 shop or use rat poison.

:rofl: it's normally a waiting game, they're some clever buggers

I personally rambo it out of there whenever I get critters. I get pissed off and just start throwing **** around till it comes out then I corner it and kill it normally with suffocation. The whole traps thing, takes too long, it'll get comfy and breed.
One time I lined up furniture where I knew the mouse was hiding. And it forced the mouse to run in a path inside my closet. I knew my plan to trick it in there would work so of course I cleared the closet out first.

I stomped around, kicked the dresser where he was and he dashed out and ran along the path, so I shut the closet. Gotta man up bruv.

Your house might not be set up like mine but it worked for me. I try to trap/kill them as soon as I spot one which is rare.
What harm is a mouse going to do? :love:

A rat I'd understand, but mice are harmless. They won't bother you.
Original post by Superman_Jr

Would do this if I wan't scared to get out of my bed. If only my dad didn't do night shifts. Pray for me guys. Pray that it dies. Pray that it doesn't make it's way on my bed. Keep me in your prayers. :yikes::yikes:
Original post by mr T 999
That's actually pretty good idea lol
Has it worked for you?

Posted from OtherWorld

Yes I killed one many years ago. It was hiding under the fridge.
Original post by 0to100
One time I lined up furniture where I knew the mouse was hiding. And it forced the mouse to run in a path inside my closet. I knew my plan to trick it in there would work so of course I cleared the closet out first.

I stomped around, kicked the dresser where he was and he dashed out and ran along the path, so I shut the closet, plugged the slits and it suffocated and starved in there. Gotta man up bruv.

Your house might not be set up like mine but it worked for me. I try to trap/kill them as soon as I spot one which is rare.

lol can you come kill mine for me*:biggrin:
Original post by A321
I feel for you! There were mice in a house I rented, it was awful. I read somewhere that peppermint oil works as a good repellent. I did try that. Plus your house will constantly smell like peppermint, so it'll put off the mice as well as unblock your nose and clear your airways lol. Bonus. Can't go wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the suggestion
Original post by Twinpeaks
What harm is a mouse going to do? :love:

A rat I'd understand, but mice are harmless. They won't bother you.

:puke:

Mice are still dangerous though

Latest