The Student Room Group

Changing University

Hello
When I applied to student finance I put down my firm choice as my uni but now I have changed my mind and want to go to the insurance choice uni (I wont get the firm grades due to bad exams) so do I need to make a change with application of finance or student finance would pay me in my insurance choice automatically?

Thanks
Original post by Tajwar786
Hello
When I applied to student finance I put down my firm choice as my uni but now I have changed my mind and want to go to the insurance choice uni (I wont get the firm grades due to bad exams) so do I need to make a change with application of finance or student finance would pay me in my insurance choice automatically?

Thanks

Wait until after the results come out (40% of people accepted by their firm choice last year missed their predicted grades by 2 or more grades...it's very common to be accepted with lower grades so wait until you know for sure if you're going somewhere else) - once UCAS Track confirms your place you can update your university and course details on your student finance account.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Wait until after the results come out (40% of people accepted by their firm choice last year missed their predicted grades by 2 or more grades...it's very common to be accepted with lower grades so wait until you know for sure if you're going somewhere else) - once UCAS Track confirms your place you can update your university and course details on your student finance account.

Thanks for ur input, im 99% certain i wont get into firm ill be atleast *2/3 grades off in 2 subjects. Btw it says on their web that any change to your application takes 6 weeks to process... If thats the case isnt it too late to change uni details after results?

*(My firm offer situation- wants AAA but they said they might accept AAB or ABB in some circumstances for very low percentage students and due to my horrible exam my personal prediction is BCD)
Thank you
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tajwar786
Thanks for ur input, im 99% certain i wont get into firm ill be atleast *2/3 grades off in 2 subjects. Btw it says on their web that any change to your application takes 6 weeks to process... If thats the case isnt it too late to change uni details after results?

*(My firm offer situation- wants AAA but they said they might accept AAB or ABB in some circumstances for very low percentage students and due to my horrible exam my personal prediction is BCD)
Thank you

A very large number of people change their university/course details in August after results. SFE are very quick at turning around those changes (the only differences are where they pay the tuition fees to and possibly the amounts of living cost loans if your circumstances change (eg living at home/living away in london etc)). Those aren't the sort of changes that take 6 weeks to process.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
A very large number of people change their university/course details in August after results. SFE are very quick at turning around those changes (the only differences are where they pay the tuition fees to and possibly the amounts of living cost loans if your circumstances change (eg living at home/living away in london etc)). Those aren't the sort of changes that take 6 weeks to process.

Alright thanks for the suggestion :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest