The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

This is minor compared to the stuff people post on here so i feel slightly stupid for doing so but does anyone have any advice for nightmares? :redface:
They are getting me down tbh and they are vivid and exhausting and I want them to stop but idk how.
Seriously considering even telling a doctor because i cant stand it anymore :redface:

~Anon 1
Original post by Anonymous
This is minor compared to the stuff people post on here so i feel slightly stupid for doing so but does anyone have any advice for nightmares? :redface:
They are getting me down tbh and they are vivid and exhausting and I want them to stop but idk how.
Seriously considering even telling a doctor because i cant stand it anymore :redface:

~Anon 1

Have you tried stuff to help you wind down at night? Breathing exercises, stretching, a bath, caffeine free teas, a good book (but not too good!) - rather than just turning off the computer and going straight to bed.
Original post by Sabertooth
Have you tried stuff to help you wind down at night? Breathing exercises, stretching, a bath, caffeine free teas, a good book (but not too good!) - rather than just turning off the computer and going straight to bed.

I'm going to try and get back into reading tbh over the summer, usually so caught up with work and coursework etc i spend most of the time reading fact books etc although tbh tend to dream of the plots of books etc :redface:
and ill try to do the other things thank you :hugs:
and hope you feel better soon btw, goodluck with everything sabertooth x

~Anon 1
Trying to keep the random noises I am hearing under control by listening to the same song over and over. It helps a little bit to soothe the tightness in my chest.
Anyone heard the soundtrack for the film 'Room'? If not, its
[video="youtube;hKYGp6Pt2Dw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKYGp6Pt2Dw[/video]
It's a lot more sad than what I usually listen to, but god it's a beautiful song :love:
I'm in a good place at the moment! Suprising really but I'll take it!
I'm able to control my compulsions a lot better than before! Therefore I can just relax more about things and just be happier about life in general!
Can't complain!
Original post by Sabertooth
Saw my new psychiatrist last Monday. She immediately sectioned me. When I was in hospital I saw what she had used as justification; it was lies. I'm out now, but so scared that they've bugged my apartment while I was away. I do not feel at all safe here. :frown:

Argh man that sucks!
You really do deserve to have a good psychiatrist now after all the things that have happened!!!
Surely she can be fired if she's lying about things?
I'm glad you're out now! But that's awful!
A breach of privacy surely?
Can you make a complaint or speak to someone formal about this?
Is it serious enough for the police? If so speak to them asap!
I hope you can find a great psychiatrist!
You deserve to have a happy successful life!
Original post by Ezme39
Hating my life.

There's no need to hate your life!
You've passed your first year at uni!
Which has put you on course to pass the second one!
You're an amazing young person and you deserve all the happiness in the world!
I really do hope you're feeling better now!
Original post by Anonymous

~Anon 1

There's no need to feel stupid about this! Everyone's issues are major to them and we all treat them that way. So we understand how much discomfort you are in!
But as Sabertooth said, anything to calm you down before you sleep should work!
Make you're bedroom a calm tranquil place, minimise the caffeine and alcohol.
Exercize regularly and maybe every try meditation or yoga? Those are suppose to help too.
But yes see a doctor about this because they will be able to help better than any of us can.
I really hope you can cure them soon because they do sound truely awful and are clearly impacting on your life.
Hope I helped somewhat.
Got my ESA medical on Monday, finally. I'm a nervous wreck over it but glad it'll be over soon. I don't expect to pass it first time, I don't know many people who have - for mental or physical problems so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Will keep you updated with how it goes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Got my ESA medical on Monday, finally. I'm a nervous wreck over it but glad it'll be over soon. I don't expect to pass it first time, I don't know many people who have - for mental or physical problems so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Will keep you updated with how it goes

Posted from TSR Mobile

People do. My ex got awarded ESA first time and so did his mum.

Dont play anything down. Infact basically play everything up.

Youll be fine :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
People do. My ex got awarded ESA first time and so did his mum.

Dont play anything down. Infact basically play everything up.

Youll be fine :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It makes me worry because my stepdad got rejected first time around when he has Parkinson's and takes strokes. I think it all depends on what doctor or health care worker you see on that day too, maybe?

Yeah I've been told not to hold back which will be a struggle for me because I've learned to keep it in. I feel inside like I'm going to burst but I have learned to keep most of it until I'm alone :frown: my mum is going to come with me. Is she allowed into the room with me? Or is she just allowed in the waiting room with me? Ideally, I'd want her in both rooms with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
It makes me worry because my stepdad got rejected first time around when he has Parkinson's and takes strokes. I think it all depends on what doctor or health care worker you see on that day too, maybe?

Yeah I've been told not to hold back which will be a struggle for me because I've learned to keep it in. I feel inside like I'm going to burst but I have learned to keep most of it until I'm alone :frown: my mum is going to come with me. Is she allowed into the room with me? Or is she just allowed in the waiting room with me? Ideally, I'd want her in both rooms with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah we thought my ex wouldnt get awarded it. Hopefully you have someone nice!

Yeah i know its super hard to not keep it in, but it will be beneficial to you in the long run :yep:
Have you got something nice planned for afterwards?

Urrm im not sure (my ex didnt have an assessment due to so much medical evidance for a physical illness) and his mum went on her own. It wont hurt to ask though hopefully they will let her with you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just had the first proud moment regarding conquering OCD for ages, maybe close to a year even.

I know it's gross but I've had athlete's foot for about a month now and I've never had it before and since it was just red and itchy, I thought it was just dry skin but after it wouldn't go away and got more itchy, I mentioned it to the doc when I was there for something else and she said it was athlete's foot and would be gone in a few days with a cream.

That was a fortnight ago and every time I went to put the cream on, the typical obsessions like "its laced and it's going to seep through skin", " you're gonna take a fatal reaction to it" and all that started and I never took it and the infection started to spread and tonight it was too itchy and I had enough and I just put it on.

I'm now in the 'watch and wait' phase to see if anything happens. That can last from a few mins to a few hours, generally it's an hour or two. Resisting the urge to wash it off although I know that wouldn't do anything if it was laced and seeping through. On the verge of a mild panic but trying to keep calm and I wanted to write this. I know it sounds silly but you all know how severe my contamination fears are and I've not even been able to take simple painkillers so this is a small step in the right direction :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Haven't taken my lithium for over a week now and I don't feel any different.*
I don't know how I'm feeling if I am completely honest. I feel fine but I feel like crying? I feel awfally guilty actually. Like, when I was ill last year I was hospitalised for a few days and I really worried so many of my closest friends as I didn't tell them anything bc I was too busy sulking my ass off and crying in the corner at something I didn't want and for being ill. I missed a hell of a lot of school too. I really just want to give them a hug and apologise for worrying them but I just don't want it to be too awkward. I also never thanked them for actually being there. For being supportinve and understanding that I wanted to be left alone. Its a year late now, ik and thats the main reason why I feel bad. So yeah :s-smilie:

:getmecoat:
All I want to do right now is cry
Original post by Midnightmemories
All I want to do right now is cry

:hugs: Whats up? Should I PM if you would like to talk about it? :console:
The heat is triggering panic attacks for me :frown: can't sleep for palpitations and feeling smothered :cry2:

Roll on winter

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest