The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fefssdf
Month to go guys omg

I've convinced myself that it doesn't reallly matter where I end up for uni - most employers don't actually care
Reply 841
Original post by Serine Soul
I've convinced myself that it doesn't reallly matter where I end up for uni - most employers don't actually care

But it does because if you hate the place you'll never do as well as you should do.
Original post by Aph
But it does because if you hate the place you'll never do as well as you should do.

My insurance/wherever I go will grow on me, I promise :redface:
If your offer is A*AA and you get those exact results, are you able to look into going to a different university that also requires A*AA? You wouldn't be in clearing as you were accepted into your firm, and as I understand it you can only enter adjustment if you exceed your offer (as opposed to meeting it exactly), so how would you go about doing this? Just curious.
Original post by JoshC98
If your offer is A*AA and you get those exact results, are you able to look into going to a different university that also requires A*AA? You wouldn't be in clearing as you were accepted into your firm, and as I understand it you can only enter adjustment if you exceed your offer (as opposed to meeting it exactly), so how would you go about doing this? Just curious.

You'd have to get yourself released into Clearing first.
Reply 845
Original post by Absent Agent
Yes, I might be able to but I forgot to mention that of the EMPA materials, only their mark schemes will be available that day. Their papers will be available a few days later if I'm not wrong.

Hey man, thanks a lot for all the papers, Is there any way you could post the PHYA5 papers here? The exam was late so it hadn't yet been 10 days when you posted the other ones, they should be available now. Thanks.
Reply 846
Original post by Absent Agent
Yes, I might be able to but I forgot to mention that of the EMPA materials, only their mark schemes will be available that day. Their papers will be available a few days later if I'm not wrong.

Sorry! Ignore my last message just realised you added them
Had a dream I did rubbish in my a levels I'm actually so scared now! Like I was so calm before :colondollar:
I had a dream that I got an A in A-level physics... nothing quite as sweet but nothing quite as soul-crushing to wake up to :frown:
Reply 849
This heat is worse than the wait right now.
almost 4 weeks to go.
hurry the **** up
Wheres edexcel mark schemes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bubbles26
Wheres edexcel mark schemes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dunno if I even want to see them :s-smilie:

Yh it's true but I'd rather not have the hassle of ringing up and getting a clearing place last minute argh

Depending on your course, if you're good enough then you'll find a job regardless. My issue is I don't want to pay 9k a year to end up at a place where I didn't want to be.
Original post by Aph
This heat is worse than the wait right now.

True that
Does anyone have access to the Edexcel maths mark schemes as they are now online?
Original post by target21859
Does anyone have access to the Edexcel maths mark schemes as they are now online?

Are there mark schemes for the other subjects? Where are they online?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by target21859

There is this person who has access to the Edexcel materials, and it seems he will upload them on his blog as soon as he gets them (read the comments below this page).
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/past-papers.html?Qualification-Family=A-Level
Here. Click into your subject then pick the June 2016 series but access is limited to teachers.

Quick Reply

Latest