The Student Room Group

Guys, do you find it a turn off if a girl is skinny fat/a bit curvy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
No, because everyone has their own starting point.

If she's willing to work and improve on herself I.e working out = improves physical health in the long run then I'd personally find that a turn on as its something we'd have in common. :smile:

So, you'd want her to work hard to become skinny in the future then?
Reply 41
Original post by *Alisha*
Why would that matter ?? I think men shouldn't just date a girl based on their appearance. I personally look for a good personality in a guy. Appearance comes later.

I agree personality is most important, but that doesn't mean you can't consider looks at all. There are probably going to be a few things that you don't typically like or find attractive in anyone you date, and it's not wrong to admit that. I guess it matters because it's just interesting to discuss our preferences. We're not saying we would necessarily never date a girl with X appearance, just that we personally aren't attracted to X and would prefer Y.
I would be more interested in personality as well but from what I've seen guys seem to be more interested in looks.

True
I have a bit of a belly, I'm 5"7' and really self conscious of it. My boyfriend doesn't care because he grabs the 'chub' to make me freak out a little XD
Original post by SilverActor2033
I have a bit of a belly, I'm 5"7' and really self conscious of it. My boyfriend doesn't care because he grabs the 'chub' to make me freak out a little XD

Wow, I'd go crazy if someone did that to me haha! My stomach sticks out quite a bit too now, sadly. :frown: I used to be really skinny so I'm really self conscious about how I've gained weight now. What clothes size are you?
I do know what I'm talking about and there is no need to be quite so rude.

I'm not being rude. Skinny fat and curvy are not the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think in general if you are confident and funny boys will like you - they may think they like a type but actually will like you for you. I know it sounds like the biggest cliche but honestly it genuinuely is more about what you do with what you have!
Op are you chubby?
Wow, I'd go crazy if someone did that to me haha! My stomach sticks out quite a bit too now, sadly. :frown: I used to be really skinny so I'm really self conscious about how I've gained weight now. What clothes size are you?

I vary based on brand between a 12-16 :smile:
I hope I'm not fat. I'm usually a size 8, sometimes a size 10 (UK sizes) and I'm 5"2. Does that sound too chubby?

I'm a guy so obviously I have no idea what "size 8" or "size 10" mean - in our sizes, we simply have "small", "medium", "large", (etc), or a waiste/collar size, and even then, that's quite obscure
My boyfriend had the opportunity to date the most beautiful, skinny (and slightly curvy but very slim) girl in his year but he didn't, and claims that 1 year later the reason he dated me (the year above him) is because I am MUCH curvier.
It's personal preference, I know some guys that ONLY date overweight women, some that only date size 6/8 women and some that are in the middle.

Sounds like your boyfriend's only dating you because of your body shape.
Original post by Moonstruck16
I'm not being rude. Skinny fat and curvy are not the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't say they were though.
Original post by 0to100
Op are you chubby?

I hope not but maybe slightly. I'm a size 8, occasionally a size 10, and I'm 5"2. I weigh 8 stone 3.
Original post by SilverActor2033
I vary based on brand between a 12-16 :smile:

Yeah, I vary between size 8 and size 10 depending on the shop or item of clothing. I'm only 5"2 though. :smile:
Original post by sleepysnooze
I'm a guy so obviously I have no idea what "size 8" or "size 10" mean - in our sizes, we simply have "small", "medium", "large", (etc), or a waiste/collar size, and even then, that's quite obscure

I'm 5"2 and I weigh 8 stone 3 if that helps. I'm probably medium/average sized. My waist size is 26 inches.
x

I feel you OP, recently I have noticed that I have gained a little weight and because of my body size its all distributed on my stomach and chest, so im totally top heavy.
To get the body you really want its all about having a healthy active lifestyle, which is something university can often get in the way of and that is why I have gained weight, I also have a bad snacking habit which im aiming to sort out.

Remember though its easily fixed if your wanting to lose a it of weight, just try not to be to hard on yourself. If your a healthy weight and BMI for your height and age then the problem is just body shape, and aspiring to look like friends who have hourglass figures or models who are the same will often just get you down as if you dont have that body shape it will be very unlikely to healthily reach that goal.

My best advice, eat clean (but 100% have a cheat day/half day every once in a while) and stay active (you dont have to go to the gym, walking or running as well as home exercise is great to). I like the idea of conscious choices, so every meal you have you make one conscious choice, such as when your out for a meal having a glass of water instead of fizzy drinks or having a salad instead of fries, it helps you enjoy your food as well as discipline yourself to live a healthier lifestyle.

FYI im 19, 5ft 4.5inches tall and weight around 9stone, but because of my top heavy weight distribution I have small hips (size 8-10) and a larger waist (size 10-12), meaning in clothes (It differs every shop and bear in mind I cant stand things being tight) im around a 8-12.
Would you rather date a girl who was skinny?

No, i want a 20-30 stone woman to sit on me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending