The Student Room Group

Is he losing interest or getting serious about me?

I have been in a relationship with a guy for a month and a half. He was chasing me in the beginning and trying to meet often. He took me out on real dates, introduce me to his friends and parents. He said he "he is falling for me and really likes me". During that time he was still active on tinder and he said he didn't want a serious relationship just yet as we are both young but he is not planning to meet anyone on there.

Now he has 2 jobs so he is constantly busy. He would rarely text me due to his busy schedule with his work, helping his dad run a business, making time for his friends and me. He once said that his best mate hated me when he was drunk because I steal him away from his best mate (They always go clubbing together) I also accidently saw that his best mate have been talking bad about me on the group chat but my boyfriend just ignore and didnt say anything to it at all. Also I know this is bad..but I was bored while he was sleeping so I checked his tinder for the first time and he havent been talking to anyone for a month.

Last week he have been hanging out with his friends and work. I met him on sunday and he said "Im annoyed at my work that I cant do anything, I miss you and I want to take you on a real date again". Lately I have been initiating him on texts as I know he sucks at texting and he literally text no one other than making plans with his friends or family. Sometimes he would randomly call me and everytime I call him he would pick up.

We decided the day to meet up which is today but he havent confirm the time and when I asked him he said "I dont know what time yet". Now Im just waiting for him to text me the time.

I am really confused about what he feels about me. Sometimes he said "I love you" to me accidently and then say "I hate you, I wanna kill you" after as a joke. I really like him and Im scared to say the words. I don't know how to ask him what how he feels about me either without sounding pushy. Should I get him drunk? Or should I wait until he tells me by himself? Also do you think he has been making fun of me with his friends?
I would never go into a relationship if they not serious, its stupid its like a long-term hookup
Reply 2
Original post by ckfeister
I would never go into a relationship if they not serious, its stupid its like a long-term hookup

He said thats because we only know each others for three weeks. So will see how things go.
Original post by Hdavidson99
He said thats because we only know each others for three weeks. So will see how things go.

Oh, well I'm in similar situation (except its LDR and he would never say I want to kill you even for a joke but everyone is different; LDR till October) his very busy and we barely talk for the next week and past 2 weeks due to family issues and never ending pop ups... destiny hates him... Go with them through it, it'll be worth it after... it would go deeper, my bf says thats actually his favorite part of me different than his past relationships... patient, understandable, open-minded :P
Reply 4
Oh, well I'm in similar situation (except its LDR and he would never say I want to kill you even for a joke but everyone is different; LDR till October) his very busy and we barely talk for the next week and past 2 weeks due to family issues and never ending pop ups... destiny hates him... Go with them through it, it'll be worth it after... it would go deeper, my bf says thats actually his favorite part of me different than his past relationships... patient, understandable, open-minded :P

Thank you for your replies. Oh dear that must be hard for you. Yes I do wanna be paitent, understandable and open minded like you. For a quick question! Last night me and my BF decided to meet up today but I asked him what time and he said he doesnt know yet (probably he is helping his dad with the work). I don't know if I should wait for him to text me or just text him (I dont want to nag him. but I want to know when to get ready ect.)
Thank you for your replies. Oh dear that must be hard for you. Yes I do wanna be paitent, understandable and open minded like you. For a quick question! Last night me and my BF decided to meet up today but I asked him what time and he said he doesnt know yet (probably he is helping his dad with the work). I don't know if I should wait for him to text me or just text him (I dont want to nag him. but I want to know when to get ready ect.)

Ahahaha my bf is terrible at timing too, keep bugging him every 30 minutes so it gets stuck in his head until he says :tongue: " You know the timing yet?" (second time) "[name ex. Kevinnnnnnnnnnnnn] whatsss the time you going?" then do that every 30 minutes until he gives you the dam time. :biggrin:
Reply 6
Ahahaha my bf is terrible at timing too, keep bugging him every 30 minutes so it gets stuck in his head until he says :tongue:

Are you sure that he wont be annoyed? LOL mine is really short temper :O
neither
he jus good at maths
Well, for starters, don't get him drunk. That certainly isn't the way forward.

I think you need to look at the bigger picture here. You're involved with somebody who is extremely busy and there seems to be dissatisfaction on your end. But at the same time, the fact that he is busy isn't really something that can be helped. Is this something youre willing to accept?

His comment about wanting to take you on a date sounds positive, but then he doesn't sound very proactive and enthusiastic by texting you saying "I don't know what time yet". Hmm. I've been in a situation recently wereby the other person was really busy and seemed okay with little contact, whereas for me, that wasn't okay and I couldn't handle it. So I'm encouraging you to think about what you want from a potential partner, and whether you think this person can provide you with what you need.

I would suggest you have a full and frank discussion with him and tell him how you feel, and ask for clarification.
Are you sure that he wont be annoyed? LOL mine is really short temper :O

He wouldn't find it funny? Oh, well I usually mess about but he never takes it serious he just laughs, say one then say "make sure you tell me 1 hour before having to be there " something like that, then say " You forget this time I'll keep binging you next time every 30 minutes :tongue: " :tongue: for me is being cheeky/joking around so he never takes it serious with that face near it... he got in a rountine.

ALSO: I wouldn't take advise from TSR, 90% are single just saying...
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending