The Student Room Group

Why does the left REFUSE to acknowledge Islams role in TERRORism?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
We should also blame right-wingers for racism then.
Original post by MildredMalone
How so when surverys find that 52% of muslims think gay sex should be illegal, and 100% think it's unaceptable althogether; only a third would report people they knew who were involved in terrorism; and 40% think al women should obey their husbands? All of that is problematic.

Because there are bigots and intolerant people of every religion.

The 100% statistic is just down-right false. I know MANY Muslims who do not think homosexuality is unacceptable.
Reply 22
Original post by swiss_cheese
The problem is not sourced as Islam. These people don't wake up one day and suddenly want to help Islam by killing foreigners. They become radicalised slowly over time because of their lives changing - this change manifests in conflict, political instability and various other things. A simple look at the case studies of Rezgui (Tunisia beach attacker), Salah Abdeslam, Kouachi brothers, etc... would all show that these people became radicalised either by a) war or b) being put in prison.

Islam isn't the singular trigger which makes these people kill. Its hatred. Therefore blaming Islam is as stupid as blaming the computer monitors through which they probably heard about IS in the first place.

"Computer monitor"?

I thought they "became radicalised either by a) war or b) being put in prison".
Original post by Josb
"Computer monitor"?

I thought they "became radicalised either by a) war or b) being put in prison".

Did it occur to you that knowledge of foreign conflict is spread through the internet and therefore computer monitors?

Also, you're the one who gave me that cute edgy response earlier, please move along.
Original post by tanyapotter
The 100% statistic is just down-right false. I know MANY Muslims who do not think homosexuality is unacceptable.

If you say so, Anecdotal Annie xx
radical islam and Islamic fundamentalism is the problem. Your average conservative muslim isnt an issue even if they condone the questionable aspects of their religion.
Original post by MildredMalone
If you say so, Anecdotal Annie xx

When there are literal British Muslims I know who don't agree with this, how can you pertain to the 100% statistic? How big was the sample size of this survey?
Original post by Charzhino
As much as Islam is to blame for inspiring these attacks, equal blame has to be solely directed at George Bush and Tony Blair, wreaking havoc in the middle east and creating the new generation of youth who hate The West and The Americans.

Don't be ridiculous.

The Islamic State beheaded a Japanese journalist recently. Japan doesn't have any Muslims (bet they really miss them!) and has had had no involvement in the middle east.
Reply 28
Did it occur to you that knowledge of foreign conflict is spread through the internet and therefore computer monitors?

Also, you're the one who gave me that cute edgy response earlier, please move along.

There is no "computer monitor" in prison; and prisoners cannot watch ISIS related propaganda.

So you mean that some people decide to commit a terrorist attack because of a war in a foreign land, whilst their host country has nothing to do with it? Why is it only Muslims that become so radicalised that they decide to randomly kill people?

Syria is not the only war in the world, you know. You don't see Ukrainians or Congolese killing people in the West because of the war in their country.
I really don't know, they are desperately trying to deny reality. Thankfully though, more and more people are willing to concede that Islam is a problem and has a role to play in inspiring these violent acts of terrorism.
Original post by Josb
There is no "computer monitor" in prison; and prisoners cannot watch ISIS related propaganda.

So you mean that some people decide to commit a terrorist attack because of a war in a foreign land, whilst their host country has nothing to do with it? Why is it only Muslims that become so radicalised that they decide to randomly kill people?

Syria is not the only war in the world, you know. You don't see Ukrainians or Congolese killing people in the West because of the war in their country.

Is this ignorance deliberate? Anyone can study the cases of Said and Cherif Kouachi - those two were radicalised in prison by fellow inmates. While computer monitors don't exist, other prisoners radicalise them.

And its Muslims who are becoming radicalised because its predominantly Islamic countries which have been subject to brutal regimes such as Assad, Gadaffi, etc... The reasoning for these brutal regimes emerging is because they are in desert countries in a 21st century world - low connectivity to the rest of the world, poor quality of life, fewer resources, and not to mention the failed western foreign policy.

Ukranians aren't killing people in the west because Ukraine is a tiny country. Muslims make up 1.5 billion out of 7 billion on this planet - and because Islam is an interconnected community, all Muslims feel the effects of an attack on Islam.
Reply 31
When there are literal British Muslims I know who don't agree with this, how can you pertain to the 100% statistic? How big was the sample size of this survey?

"The most dramatic contrast was found in attitudes towards homosexuality. None of the 500 British Muslims interviewed believed that homosexual acts were morally acceptable."

Coming from the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/may/07/muslims-britain-france-germany-homosexuality
Probably because they conflate criticism of Islam with racism.
Because there are bigots and intolerant people of every religion.

Very poor response. When over 50% of a demographic are homophobic, that cant be dismissed with a wave of the hand as 'intolerant people of every religion'.

For example, lets say 52% of UKIP supporters want muslims deported. 'But you have bigots and intolerant people in every political party'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ukranians aren't killing people in the west because Ukraine is a tiny country. Muslims make up 1.5 billion out of 7 billion on this planet - and because Islam is an interconnected community, all Muslims feel the effects of an attack on Islam.

Youve got something there. Muslims dont see an international issue between countries, they see a muslim country being attacked as an attack on islam.

That connection with muslims and consequently disconnect with non muslims tells something about integration. It sheds some light on how muslims in france, for example, live in their own communities and the divide it is facing.

Its that us vs them mentality which is significant in islam which provides such a fertile ground for people to be radicalised.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scrappy-coco
Youve got something there. Muslims dont see an international issue between countries, they see a muslim country being attacked as an attack on islam.

That connection with muslims and consequently disconnect with non muslims tells something about integration. It sheds some light on how muslims in france, for example, live in their own communities and the divide it is facing.

Its that us vs them mentality which is significant in islam which provides such a fertile ground for people to be radicalised.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What?? This is pure speculative BS, the fact that the Islamic community responds as a whole to terror attacks purported to be in the name of Islam tells you NOTHING about Muslim integration in western society...

One of my best friends has a Muslim father and a Jewish mother, so BS that they don't integrate, not to mention the London Mayor Sadiq Khan and so many other prominent Muslims. Its clear that you get some warped view of Muslim integration, I don't care enough to speculate where from though.
because it's against their ideology.
their ideology is pro-minority for the sake of being pro-minority. minorities (i.e. blacks, muslims, transsexuals, etc) can do no wrong
for instance, they've defined racism to exclude non-white people from being racist, and they've used the dictionary definition of "feminism" to mislead people about what kind of "equality" feminists actually want (either none, or consequential equality, as opposed to equality of rights/opportunities).
muslims, factually, destroying things in the name of their religion, is against their narrative of religious equality
well we all have common sense in 2016 to know that religions at least are NOT equal. some religions have been tamed by the enlightenment to a point where they're hardly even "religions" at all (christianity, judaism, etc). islam, for instance, is a religion from the middle east where violence, terror, sexism, anti-scientific thought (etc) run wild. so how is christianity/judaism similar to islam at all?

so even if a minority group are statistically shameful (i.e. commit more crimes, are homophobic, are sympathetic to terrorism, etc) then it is the ideology of the left/liberals to deny this because they know that to deny something like facts is all fine so long as you don't appear racist at the end(!)...well at least most people on the right/libertarians prefer inconvenient truths over convenient lies...
What?? This is pure speculative BS, the fact that the Islamic community responds as a whole to terror attacks purported to be in the name of Islam tells you NOTHING about Muslim integration in western society...

One of my best friends has a Muslim father and a Jewish mother, so BS that they don't integrate, not to mention the London Mayor Sadiq Khan and so many other prominent Muslims. Its clear that you get some warped view of Muslim integration, I don't care enough to speculate where from though.

Cries that I speculate.

Responds with speculation, assertions and one measly anecdote.

And, in keeping with the fact you can't actually explain why I'm wrong, you didn't even reply to my point. It's not that the global Muslim population responds to a terrorist attack but, as you said, Muslims see an attack on a Muslim country as an attack on Islam. This explicitly encourages and us vs them attitude, but then I'd just be repeating my original post. You know, the one you chose to twist?

As you repeated, 'so BS'
Original post by Zayn is Bae
This is such an AIDS post, literally can't even comprehend such stupidity.

You're welcome to try to argue the point.

Your reply would indicate that you're unhappy with what I'm saying, but don't have anything to rebut it with.
Original post by JeremyHunt
Im not blaming all Muslims for terror attacks. However extreme Islam as an ideology is clearly causing violence. Terror attacks are in the news ever couple of days.

Why do some people refuse to admit the obvious? Just because the Nice killer drank and didn't fast doesn't mean he wasn't inspired by violent parts of Islam, the "17 year old refugee" who chopped people up with an axe on the train last night had a hand painted Isis flag in his bedroom and yet media are still saying it COULD HAVE been an Islamist attack.

[video="youtube;rYedKXpb5mo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYedKXpb5mo[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending