The Student Room Group

Why does the left REFUSE to acknowledge Islams role in TERRORism?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tengentoppa
You're welcome to try to argue the point.

Your reply would indicate that you're unhappy with what I'm saying, but don't have anything to rebut it with.

Well, we can start with the fact they just targeted Medina a few weeks ago.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Well, we can start with the fact they just targeted Medina a few weeks ago.

but this wouldn't be the first time muslims have attacked the area now would it.

Or attempted to destroy an 'islamic' shrine either
Original post by generallee
Don't be ridiculous.

The Islamic State beheaded a Japanese journalist recently. Japan doesn't have any Muslims (bet they really miss them!) and has had had no involvement in the middle east.

Original post by generallee
Don't be ridiculous. The Islamic State beheaded a Japanese journalist recently. Japan doesn't have any Muslims (bet they really miss them!) and has had had no involvement in the middle east.

Sweden exports the second most ISIS members per-population in Europe. If only Sweden would stop the bombing and atrocities they commit in the Muslim world:frown:*

But seriously though, Sweden is known as being the country that caters the most to these people and bends over backwards to every whim and sensitivity of the Muslim community but look what happened.

France got attacked in November even though they had no involvement in Iraq. In fact they openly opposed it. They even support the Palestinians over Israel in the UN! They just got another one for retaliating against ISIS for the November attack. So people need to get it through their thick SJW skulls that ill treatment of Muslims is not the cause of getting attacked. That's nothing but pathetic victim blaming and the bigotry of low expectations.

These goons think that Muslims might go "USA and UK attacked us. Better go massacre*all Yazidi men who had nothing to do with it and take the females as sex slaves and kill them when they refuse. Ironically what ISIS did to the Yazidis is a carbon copy of what the prophet Muhammad did to the Banu Qurayza tribe of Jews.....*
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BaconandSauce
but this wouldn't be the first time muslims have attacked the area now would it.

Or attempted to destroy an 'islamic' shrine either

Of course not. Which furthers my point.
Original post by Scrappy-coco
Cries that I speculate.

Responds with speculation, assertions and one measly anecdote.

And, in keeping with the fact you can't actually explain why I'm wrong, you didn't even reply to my point. It's not that the global Muslim population responds to a terrorist attack but, as you said, Muslims see an attack on a Muslim country as an attack on Islam. This explicitly encourages and us vs them attitude, but then I'd just be repeating my original post. You know, the one you chose to twist?

As you repeated, 'so BS'

Sorry but explain to me how exactly the Muslim community collectively denouncing terror attacks shows that they aren't integrated. You clearly just prayed that I wouldn't read your post because it made no sense. And I am not speculating lmfao.
Of course not. Which furthers my point.

What that muslims have always attacked each other regardless of the place?

But yes if that was your point I agree with you
Original post by swiss_cheese
Sorry but explain to me how exactly the Muslim community collectively denouncing terror attacks shows that they aren't integrated. You clearly just prayed that I wouldn't read your post because it made no sense. And I am not speculating lmfao.

For crying put loud read my post again. I didn't say collective denouncing ---> no integration.

If you sorely lack comprehension skills I'll probably start praying that you stop reading my post, I can't be bothered to correct you 3 times in a row.
For crying put loud read my post again. I didn't say collective denouncing ---> no integration.

If you sorely lack comprehension skills I'll probably start praying that you stop reading my post, I can't be bothered to correct you 3 times in a row.

I read it, and you made a direct link between the muslim community responding collectively to their lack of integration, which is absurd lmfao.
I read it, and you made a direct link between the muslim community responding collectively to their lack of integration, which is absurd lmfao.

Good enthusiasm but at some point you're going to have to understand which part of the sentence is the important part.

Go back and read carefully. Lets see if you can see what i was actually saying before you dismiss it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by Charzhino
As much as Islam is to blame for inspiring these attacks, equal blame has to be solely directed at George Bush and Tony Blair, wreaking havoc in the middle east and creating the new generation of youth who hate The West and The Americans.

It's always the White mans fault isn't it
Good enthusiasm but at some point you're going to have to understand which part of the sentence is the important part.

Go back and read carefully. Lets see if you can see what i was actually saying before you dismiss it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

still waiting for you to explain why collective condemnation shows muslim segregation
still waiting for you to explain why collective condemnation shows muslim segregation

You didnt reread my post then?

Ill help you out. I didnt say that.

Now figure out what i did say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You didnt reread my post then?

Ill help you out. I didnt say that.

Now figure out what i did say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You said:

"That connection with muslims and consequently disconnect with non muslims tells something about integration. It sheds some light on how muslims in france, for example, live in their own communities and the divide it is facing."

This is essentially you saying the interconnection between Muslims, demonstrated by their collective condemnation, tells us about integration - ie it implies that they aren't integrating.

Explain to me how the fact that a whole religious body is critical of terrorism means that they aren't integrating.
You said:

"That connection with muslims and consequently disconnect with non muslims tells something about integration. It sheds some light on how muslims in france, for example, live in their own communities and the divide it is facing."

This is essentially you saying the interconnection between Muslims, demonstrated by their collective condemnation, tells us about integration - ie it implies that they aren't integrating.

Explain to me how the fact that a whole religious body is critical of terrorism means that they aren't integrating.

Youve got something there. Muslims dont see an international issue between countries, they see a muslim country being attacked as an attack on islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is the connection muslims have with other Muslims I was talking about. They don't see Iranians being attacked they see Muslims. They don't see America attacking they see non Muslims. They see an attack on Islam.

Its that us vs them mentality which is significant in islam which provides such a fertile ground for people to be radicalised.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's that mentality, that divisive mentality, which sheds light on integration in western countries, even for second and third generation Muslims living there.

I'm surprised you kept peddling the nonsense about condemning terrorism as it was nowhere in my post. I even directly explained what I was saying in my next reply to you.

It's not that the global Muslim population responds to a terrorist attack but, as you said, Muslims see an attack on a Muslim country as an attack on Islam. This explicitly encourages and us vs them attitude, but then I'd just be repeating my original post. You know, the one you chose to twist?
'

I expect you to disagree my me but at least disagree with the point I made.
Some perverse notion that doing so would be racist or islamophobic. The regressive left has a huge problem with decrying any negative thing related to Islam, be it terrorism, sharia courts, homophobia etc.

Left-wing outlets like the Guardian, the Independent and Huffpost particularly struggle with this.
If the majority of Muslims were white, I am sure they would be more willing to castigate Islam, in the same way they do the Catholic Church or the CoE.

In a nutshell, they seek to gain votes through identity politics.
What that muslims have always attacked each other regardless of the place?

But yes if that was your point I agree with you

I didn't say anything about Muslims not attacking each other, or attacking each other in general, so not sure if you've quoted me accidentally. Terrorism is a major issue, and as a Muslim I can't really provide or offer a solution I'm afraid. Strange how general intelligence seems to go out of the window when talking about Muslims though.
I didn't say anything about Muslims not attacking each other, or attacking each other in general, so not sure if you've quoted me accidentally. Terrorism is a major issue, and as a Muslim I can't really provide or offer a solution I'm afraid. Strange how general intelligence seems to go out of the window when talking about Muslims though.

Oh so we don't agree then and your post was misleading

Try reading it again and ask me to explain the bits you don't understand.
Some perverse notion that doing so would be racist or islamophobic. The regressive left has a huge problem with decrying any negative thing related to Islam, be it terrorism, sharia courts, homophobia etc.

Left-wing outlets like the Guardian, the Independent and Huffpost particularly struggle with this.
If the majority of Muslims were white, I am sure they would be more willing to castigate Islam, in the same way they do the Catholic Church or the CoE.

Oh so we don't agree then and your post was misleading

Try reading it again and ask me to explain the bits you don't understand.

The conversation went something like:

''Muslims support acts of terror/all should be held responsible''
''This is a stupid post''
''Prove it''
''ISIS just bombed Medina''

Then you posted about Islamic holy sites always being attacked. Now i'm not sure what other point you could be making other than the fact that ISIS are nutjob wacko's, but by the time we both actually understand what the other is talking about, I probably won't care anymore.
Original post by Chief Wiggum

Well done, you can post a crap meme. Give yourself a pat on the back.
The conversation went something like:

''Muslims support acts of terror/all should be held responsible''
''This is a stupid post''
''Prove it''
''ISIS just bombed Medina''

Then you posted about Islamic holy sites always being attacked. Now i'm not sure what other point you could be making other than the fact that ISIS are nutjob wacko's, but by the time we both actually understand what the other is talking about, I probably won't care anymore.

Well done, you can post a crap meme. Give yourself a pat on the back.

not really sure where this fallacy came fro that muslims wouldnt be able to attack medina. mohammed attacked mecca you realise, chopping people with swords albeit having not invented the bomb ( odd for a prophet trying to conquer a city) . the you have the example of Abu Tahir looting the kabaa and running off with black stone - something supposed impossible according to islamic tradition.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending