The Student Room Group

How can I lose my white privilege?

Hi. I am a white, cisgender, straight male. I realise that I am extremely privileged. How can I lose my white cis straight male privilege?
you can identify as a genderfluid pansexual of color ?
Do a reverse Michael Jackson
Original post by hoping4thebest
Hi. I am a white, cisgender, straight male. I realise that I am extremely privileged. How can I lose my white cis straight male privilege?

Easy, stop worrying about such nonsense.
Reply 4
Extremely privileged, you say? Did you go to Eton then? Were you born with incredible intellect? Did your family fund your studies at MIT or Harvard? Were you even accepted at MIT or Harvard? Did you have a circle of friends which gave you unconditional love, stood through the good and bad (you probably didn't have bad as you are privileged) for you? Did your parents give you the perfect childhood treatment with all the compassion, love, nutrition and psychological stimulus needed to produce a fit member of society? Are you of perfect weight and perfect muscle tone? Do you have a beautiful, intelligent and loving girlfriend?
If the answer is no to most of these questions, then sod off you unprivileged plebeian :P
Give me a sizable donation and you will be cleansed of your sins. :scrooge:
You can never really loose your white privilege. Just acknowledge it understand that it's harder for poc .
Reply 7
By first realising that all those 'privileges' you hold aren't real and are excuses for lazy people to make you feel bad and exploit you.
Reply 8
Original post by joecphillips
By first realising that all those 'privileges' you hold aren't real and are excuses for lazy people to make you feel bad and exploit you.

They are/have been real. I agree with you though if your statement is based on 2016 Britain.
who else has noticed that it is the white males who brand themselves with their privilege for the purpose of mocking? I feel like theyve become paranoid over their status thinking everyone thinks like that too.
Reply 10
Original post by Zelex
They are/have been real. I agree with you though if your statement is based on 2016 Britain.

They have been real and in some places are still real, but here today this 'privilege' idea is not true.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending