The Student Room Group

Question - Query Conditional Firm and Unconditional Insurance

Hi,

I already have my A-level grades and on UCAS I have a conditional firm (conditional on me sending my A-level certificates to them by the end of this week) and an unconditional insurance.

I was just wondering when I send my conditional firm proof of my A-level certificates will UCAS change the status of that choice to*unconditional firm and will my insurance choice disappear off UCAS essentially becoming null and void.

The reason I am asking this is I am rethinking my decision regarding my firm and insurance choices and was just wondering if there was any way to buy more time to think.*

Thankyou :smile:*
Original post by Betherella93
Hi,

I already have my A-level grades and on UCAS I have a conditional firm (conditional on me sending my A-level certificates to them by the end of this week) and an unconditional insurance.

I was just wondering when I send my conditional firm proof of my A-level certificates will UCAS change the status of that choice to*unconditional firm and will my insurance choice disappear off UCAS essentially becoming null and void.

The reason I am asking this is I am rethinking my decision regarding my firm and insurance choices and was just wondering if there was any way to buy more time to think.*

Yes your insurance choice will disappear once you send proof of your a level certificates so there isnt a way of buying time once they have your results.
I would say if you are unsure at this point then maybe your firm is the wrong choice for you.
Hi,

On Track if your firm turns unconditional your insurance will still show as your insurance - but they will have been informed that your firm has accepted you and they are not obligated to hold your place.

If you'd prefer now to go to your insurance then contact your firm and explain that you aren't going to send them proof of your A levels and therefore wont meet the conditions of your offer. Ask if they will reject you based on this. If they reject you then your insurance will become your new firm choice.

It's possible that your existing firm will refuse to reject you or may ask you to get your insurance choice to confirm that they're happy to take you if they do. All you can do in this situation is to talk to both universities and keep asking them to help you get the outcome that you want.

Did your firm offer have a deadline that they required you to send the proof by?
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
On Track if your firm turns unconditional your insurance will still show as your insurance - but they will have been informed that your firm has accepted you and they are not obligated to hold your place.

If you'd prefer now to go to your insurance then contact your firm and explain that you aren't going to send them proof of your A levels and therefore wont meet the conditions of your offer. Ask if they will reject you based on this. If they reject you then your insurance will become your new firm choice.

It's possible that your existing firm will refuse to reject you or may ask you to get your insurance choice to confirm that they're happy to take you if they do. All you can do in this situation is to talk to both universities and keep asking them to help you get the outcome that you want.

Did your firm offer have a deadline that they required you to send the proof by?

Hi thanks for your reply - yes the deadline to send proof of my A-level certificates is the 22nd July.
Hi thanks for your reply - yes the deadline to send proof of my A-level certificates is the 22nd July.

If you want more time then ask your firm if this can be extended (say something about moving house/holidays making it difficult to get the paperwork together/sent for a fortnight) - if you fail to meet the extended deadline then you'll still have your place with your insurance to fall back on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending