The Student Room Group

Don't want to break her heart

Someone ask me out but I said no and after feeling bad for her I went on a date with her yesterday. Now she wants to go on another one. I have a personality disorder which stops me from getting in a relationship. I don't know how to tell her I don't feel anything without hurting her.
Original post by Anonymous
Someone ask me out but I said no and after feeling bad for her I went on a date with her yesterday. Now she wants to go on another one. I have a personality disorder which stops me from getting in a relationship. I don't know how to tell her I don't feel anything without hurting her.

Just tell her rather than stringing her alone. That is just making things worse.
Don't **** her up by stringing her along, that's the absolute worst thing you could do. You answered your own question; you don't want to break her heart.
Reply 3
I just told her the truth. And she's hurt big time
I just told her the truth. And she's hurt big time

soon she'll start to get over it, it's just a bit disappointing for her because you went on a date so she probably thought you liked her.
Reply 5
Original post by zuzanak16
soon she'll start to get over it, it's just a bit disappointing for her because you went on a date so she probably thought you liked her.

I feel soo bad and guilty
I feel soo bad and guilty

How long have you known her for?

It's okay, you did the right thing by letting her know how you feel, it's better than to lead her on.
Reply 7
How long have you known her for?

It's okay, you did the right thing by letting her know how you feel, it's better than to lead her on.

For about 2 years when I moved school. Although we didn't speak too much in real life just Hi and stuff. But for about 3 weeks she'd been messaging me about 3 times a week and then she asked me.
For about 2 years when I moved school. Although we didn't speak too much in real life just Hi and stuff. But for about 3 weeks she'd been messaging me about 3 times a week and then she asked me.

Well, it doesn't seem that serious, it will be okay. Especially since you mostly messaged each other. She's obviously hurt because you just told her that you're not interested in her. She just needs time to get over it and to move on.
Reply 9
Well, it doesn't seem that serious, it will be okay. Especially since you mostly messaged each other. She's obviously hurt because you just told her that you're not interested in her. She just needs time to get over it and to move on.

thanks mate. it feels better after talking about this
thanks mate. it feels better after talking about this

it's ok, hopefully it helps since that's how I would feel if a guy said he wasn't interested. over time, she'll appreciate the fact you told her truth, I definitely would.
Original post by ilikechinesefood
Just tell her rather than stringing her alone. That is just making things worse.

thanks for the advice mate. just told her the truth
Original post by Protoxylic
Don't **** her up by stringing her along, that's the absolute worst thing you could do. You answered your own question; you don't want to break her heart.

cheers mate
thanks for the advice mate. just told her the truth

Cool how did that go?
Original post by ilikechinesefood
Cool how did that go?

She is quite upset and I fell like a piece of s**t.

Quick Reply

Latest