The Student Room Group

Ukrainian diplomas

I have a question !
Are ukrainian diplomas recognised in England I mean if someone finished its undergraduate degree in Ukraine n wanted to work in England will it be easy to find a job with an ukrainian diplomas ?!!!
Reply 1
Original post by J-SP
Depends on the grade of the diploma.

It isn't necessarily "easy" to find a job whether your qualification were from the Ukraine or from England.

The challenge they will have is trying to explain what their qualifications equate to. A lot of people won't know and unless it's explicitly explained, probably won't go out of their way to find out what it means.

This might help give you a rough indication of what would be expected though:

https://www.brighton.ac.uk/international/study-with-us/your-country-info/ukraine.aspx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh
thank you so much for the info :smile:
That person is my friend she is planning to do a business related degree in Ukraine n then coming back to work in England but she was concerned that her degree won't be recognised by employers in England !
Reply 2
Original post by J-SP
Its not that it won't be recognised - a lot of people have non-UK qualifications. It is more that they won't automatically understand what it means, and therefore it will need explaining to them.

Unless they are a UK citizen, there might be other challenges for them though, particularly their right to work in the UK.

Do u mean by "they won't automatically understand what it means, and therefore it will need explaining to them" the language ??
Becuz she will be studying her degree in English there !
N if she was British
Would that help ?
Reply 3
Original post by J-SP
The qualification itself will need to be explained. People reading an application form will not necessarily know that a Dyplom from the Ukraine is the equivalent of a degree.

Then they will have to explain the grading system is different in the Ukraine. It is on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being the best score. This is very different to the UK system which typically works on 1st/2.1/2.2/3rd system.

If she is British then the right to work is not going to be an issue.

Oh i understand
So from all the info u have given me i think there's gonna be a chance for my friend to work in England with her ukrainian qualification, right?
Reply 4
Original post by J-SP
Of course there is a chance. Like most people with a degree or equivalent qualification though, the qualification itself is rarely what gets you the job.

A diploma from the Ukraine won't stop her getting a job though. If the job has a minimum requirement of a degree and a particular grade (e.g a 2.1), then your friend would need to explain her qualification equates to that.

Oh yeah I understand
the conversation with u was really helpful
Thank u so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending