The Student Room Group

Man stabs 4 women for dressing immodestly in France

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swiss_cheese
3 people shot dead in England, likely not an Islamist attack, the thread on the topic was virtually ignored. But the Arab name and possible Islamic motive of this specific attack gets pages and pages of attention - it describes something vile among the users here. I am pointing it out, because I want a news forum which isn't polluted by vile racists and hateful people who want to criticise peoples' religious beliefs in an unwarranted manner.

Um, firstly babe Islam is not a race, it's a religion so they really can't be racist. Secondly, the OP mentioned nothing about Islam so you sound ignorant af. Your comment about us not giving a **** that 4 poor women getting stabbed because It happens to more women in other countries is beyond ridiculous. So can we not point out an issue?
Reply 161
swiss_cheese
meanwhile 300 Muslims die in Baghdad because of terrorism, but you're getting all teary about something as small as this? certainly just because it fits your islamphobic (note I say islamphobic as fear of Islam, not islamophobia) agenda.

No one cares about muslims killing eachother because they are an outside group. Of course people care more about an outside group killing people like them (white, western people).

I bet you don't begrudge muslims for caring more about Palestine than Ukraine. Stop b*tching and moaning when Europeans do the same thing.
Original post by loveleest
Um, firstly babe Islam is not a race, it's a religion so they really can't be racist. Secondly, the OP mentioned nothing about Islam so you sound ignorant af. Your comment about us not giving a **** that 4 poor women getting stabbed because It happens to more women in other countries is beyond ridiculous. So can we not point out an issue?

Lol I never said Islam was a race. That's why I said "racist and hateful" and not just "racist".

Goodbye
Lol I never said Islam was a race. That's why I said "racist and hateful" and not just "racist".

Goodbye

Racist against what exactly you deluded idiot?

Goodbye.
Racist against what exactly you deluded idiot?

Goodbye.

We've established several times now that this rotten piece of Gouda doesn't understand the word racism and refuses to learn. So really there is no arguing with this person only constantly shooting them down.
[QUOTE=loveleest;66498976]Racist against what exactly you deluded idiot?

Goodbye.

It's possible to be racist to assume that someone with an Arabic name or someone that simply looks like a stereotypical Muslim IS one.

When Sikhs get hate crime because of their beards and turbans.
And I'm against unwarranted bigotry which pinpoints Islam as the sole cause of terror attacks. And I'm also against people who vote to destroy our economy and bring about a political earthquake because they think that leaving the EU controls migration - a quick re-read of the Tory manifesto shows missed goals on non-EU migration, leaving will change nothing.

And here we go, call me a sad apologist or a regressive liberal, my personal favourite is a loonie leftie, chuck them in if it reinforces your fundamentally hollow argument.

Refuses to accept point and changes argument to Brexit because he's incapable of arguing. If you want to talk Brexit, make a thread about it. You should read the news about the new trade deals you poor thing.

Please explain how recognising Islam as a huge problem with terrorism as bigoted? Or are you incapable of that?

Ahhh you poor baby, the irony of you saying my argument's hollow.
[QUOTE=MrsSheldonCooper;66499120]Refuses to accept point and changes argument to Brexit because he's incapable of arguing. If you want to talk Brexit, make a thread about it. You should read the news about the new trade deals you poor thing.

Please explain how recognising Islam as a huge problem with terrorism as bigoted? Or are you incapable of that?

ISIS recruits westerners that are alienated, so constantly berating those who are Muslim helps their propaganda when they say "your country hates you, your brothers and sisters(fellow Muslims) are traitors. So fight for us"

It's that simple, fear-mongering is helping ISIS get stronger.
Original post by SterlingArcher
ISIS recruits westerners that are alienated, so constantly berating those who are Muslim helps their propaganda when they say "your country hates you, your brothers and sisters(fellow Muslims) are traitors. So fight for us"

There was a documentary called "Jihadi Brides" on the BBC and this woman who was radicalised was saying that they feed off insecurities and hopes for their dreams.

Anyone whose naive enough to fall into their trap is beyond me.

Nobody has said or implied that all Moslems are terrorists, or that there is anything wrong with being a Moslem. Criticising Islam, an ideology, is perfectly reasonable (there is plenty to criticise, after all).

Meanwhile, I presume you think people should praise the efforts of radilcalised people to do the bidding of ISIS, and encourage more to join them. Or, perhaps, praising Islam and ISIS is the way to go? We wouldn't want to melt any snowflakes, after all.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Refuses to accept point and changes argument to Brexit because he's incapable of arguing. If you want to talk Brexit, make a thread about it. You should read the news about the new trade deals you poor thing.

Cute, you made no point but apparently I "refused to accept your point". I brought up Brexit because you mentioned that you're also opposed to uncontrolled immigration, I brought it up beforehand because it ties in with the same sort of ignorance you people initiate when it comes to Islam - misguided fears and bigoted, generalised impressions.

Islam is not the problem. Do you honestly walk around every day thinking these terrorists are ultra-Muslims who suddenly want to help Islam by killing foreigners? Of course they aren't, they are broken individuals who want to harm as many people as possible. Being labelled as a religious terrorist is more impactful than being shoved aside as a madman with mental issues. These people generally don't give a **** about Muslims or Islam, I've read the case studies for so many of these people and they are almost always binge drinkers / drug users who have family issues who end up becoming radicalised by conflict or ISIS propaganda.

Islam is not the singular cause, and you people insist on spamming your hateful "religion of peace" hate speech every time this happens, well it appears your master strategy of using freedom of speech to criticise Islam has not helped at all. I remember back in the last decade when we all stood together against these terrorists and didn't start offending everyone's beliefs because of some people who evidently purport a different wavelength of Islam to which 1.6 billion people follow.

When met with disagreement, you cry and whinge about how I'm regressive, left wing or an apologist. But the truth is, you're all bigoted, uninformed xenophobes who have no perspective on the world. Your arguments are hollow, and when met with reason, you pretend I didn't say anything. Sort yourself out.
No really????

So it is not "meanwhile" then is it.

Words have meanings, feel free to read a thesaurus, it may help you.
3 people shot dead in England, likely not an Islamist attack, the thread on the topic was virtually ignored. But the Arab name and possible Islamic motive of this specific attack gets pages and pages of attention - it describes something vile among the users here. I am pointing it out, because I want a news forum which isn't polluted by vile racists and hateful people who want to criticise peoples' religious beliefs in an unwarranted manner.

Do you want to know why? Because people go "Religion of peace", people will often get triggered and argue back, and then the discussion will go on for pages and pages. When It is merely a nutter, there is no real point of contention.
Original post by Good bloke
Nobody has said or implied that all Moslems are terrorists, or that there is anything wrong with being a Moslem. Criticising Islam, an ideology, is perfectly reasonable (there is plenty to criticise, after all).

Meanwhile, I presume you think people should praise the efforts of radilcalised people to do the bidding of ISIS, and encourage more to join them. Or, perhaps, praising Islam and ISIS is the way to go? We wouldn't want to melt any snowflakes, after all.

I didn't imply that people said that, but my post was specifically tailored towards the other poster who does believe that Islam is a vile ideology and so I take it she dislikes the religion. Of course there isn't nothing wrong with criticising Islam as you can criticise all religions also but some people go beyond delusions and ignorance is a fuel.

There was a documentary called "Jihadi Brides" on the BBC and this woman who was radicalised was saying that they feed off insecurities and hopes for their dreams.Anyone whose naive enough to fall into their trap is beyond me.

What do you mean? You're a feminist aren't you? How do you feel when people tell you what you can and cannot be offended by?

You can't possibly know what has gotten them to the point that they fall for these traps. Anything is a possible cause.
All these ***** popping up everyday :frown:
It's possible to be racist to assume that someone with an Arabic name or someone that simply looks like a stereotypical Muslim IS one.

When Sikhs get hate crime because of their beards and turbans.

Is what?
Is what?

A Muslim.

Poorly worded post; I apologise.
Cute, you made no point but apparently I "refused to accept your point". I brought up Brexit because you mentioned that you're also opposed to uncontrolled immigration, I brought it up beforehand because it ties in with the same sort of ignorance you people initiate when it comes to Islam - misguided fears and bigoted, generalised impressions.

Islam is not the problem. Do you honestly walk around every day thinking these terrorists are ultra-Muslims who suddenly want to help Islam by killing foreigners? Of course they aren't, they are broken individuals who want to harm as many people as possible. Being labelled as a religious terrorist is more impactful than being shoved aside as a madman with mental issues. These people generally don't give a **** about Muslims or Islam, I've read the case studies for so many of these people and they are almost always binge drinkers / drug users who have family issues who end up becoming radicalised by conflict or ISIS propaganda.

Islam is not the singular cause, and you people insist on spamming your hateful "religion of peace" hate speech every time this happens, well it appears your master strategy of using freedom of speech to criticise Islam has not helped at all. I remember back in the last decade when we all stood together against these terrorists and didn't start offending everyone's beliefs because of some people who evidently purport a different wavelength of Islam to which 1.6 billion people follow.

When met with disagreement, you cry and whinge about how I'm regressive, left wing or an apologist. But the truth is, you're all bigoted, uninformed xenophobes who have no perspective on the world. Your arguments are hollow, and when met with reason, you pretend I didn't say anything. Sort yourself out.

Since when is criticism hate speech? There's a huge difference educate yourself on it.

I'm a xenophobe? Oh dear I'm going to cry myself to sleep now! I'm going to just show how xenophobic I am now

@loveleest @YaliaV @Josb @Good bloke @TercioOfParma @The_Opinion Guys can you please give me examples of when I've been xenophobic? This deluded idiot thinks I'm one.
Since when is criticism hate speech? There's a huge difference educate yourself on it.

I'm a xenophobe? Oh dear I'm going to cry myself to sleep now! I'm going to just show how xenophobic I am now

@loveleest @YaliaV @Josb @Good bloke @TercioOfParma @The_Opinion Guys can you please give me examples of when I've been xenophobic? This deluded idiot thinks I'm one.

Well people like him believe that anything other than complete praise for vast Muslim migration and Islamisation of the West is xenophobic / racist / insert any other term here. Mainly because they don't know what those words mean and often support the aims of terrorists.

I just laugh when people use them words against me and call them anti-sematic in reply, it triggers them.

Not any I can recall, although there have been many where swisscheese has made himself look silly.

Quick Reply

Latest