The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Late Application / Clearing - Q & A

Please ask us any questions to do with late applications or clearing.

Courses available through Clearing will be published on 1 July. Remember, you don't have to wait until results day to start enquiring about a course.

We can answer any queries you have regarding course vacancies, tariff's, accommodation, finance and anything else you will need to consider if you apply through clearing or make a late application.

Please leave you questions below and we will reply ASAP
Reply 1
[video="youtube;Px57fdd7HHk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px57fdd7HHk[/video]

Advice for clearing/late application students
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Hello I have applied for the Architecture BA with foundation year course and have had an email back saying that I need to wait until I get my results to see if I can have a place.
It says that the course may be closed by this point and I was just wondering why that is and how I am supposed to know as I was hoping to get a more definite answer so that I can begin to plan accommodation.
I know I will definitely get the grades for the course but I am now just worried that there will be no more spaces left in a months time, is there anything I can do and what are the chances of there being spaces available?

thank you in advance
Reply 3
Original post by johnson28
Hello I have applied for the Architecture BA with foundation year course and have had an email back saying that I need to wait until I get my results to see if I can have a place.
It says that the course may be closed by this point and I was just wondering why that is and how I am supposed to know as I was hoping to get a more definite answer so that I can begin to plan accommodation.
I know I will definitely get the grades for the course but I am now just worried that there will be no more spaces left in a months time, is there anything I can do and what are the chances of there being spaces available?

thank you in advance

Hi, I have spoken to our Admissions team who would like to speak to you direct so they can get more info. Can you please call them on 0117 32 85537
hi, i will be applying to this university through clearing for a foundation year course for psychology/criminology courses but most of the courses seem to want gcse science which i don't have, i got a D in it.

i found the criminology course with a foundation year which did not need science gcse, i have completed a btec certificate and a subsidary diploma this year in Media studies and Business Studies, i will have 110 points alotgether.

I have also done a RE AS level in which i will get my results in this month but i am not sure if i will pass, is it still possible to get in with only 110 points?
Reply 5
Original post by soniasaini1998x
hi, i will be applying to this university through clearing for a foundation year course for psychology/criminology courses but most of the courses seem to want gcse science which i don't have, i got a D in it.

i found the criminology course with a foundation year which did not need science gcse, i have completed a btec certificate and a subsidary diploma this year in Media studies and Business Studies, i will have 110 points alotgether.

I have also done a RE AS level in which i will get my results in this month but i am not sure if i will pass, is it still possible to get in with only 110 points?

Hi, it would be best if you contacted our clearing helpline on 0117 32 85537 to discuss your options.
Reply 6
I applied late for application deadline on UCAS and have received an unconditional offer. I really want to firm it but I was wondering what are the chances of getting into on campus accommodation for the Frenchay campus at this stage?Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending