The Student Room Group

20 Right wing men rub fake poo on a four-year-old Asian girl’s face outside a pub

Scroll to see replies

Islamophobia and racism aren't as different as people here are making them out to be. If a person is attacked because they're an Asian wearing cultural clothing and the attacker assumed that the individual is a radical Muslim who is a terroristic threat then that is racism. You are assuming that they are bad people and associating them with radicals purely because of their appearance.

As of the child, the attack was appalling. And don't be so pedantic about the wording. The spectators are just as bad because they encouraged the behaviour.
What the **** did I just read?
Original post by PrincessZara
**** like this makes my blood boil like wtfff.

20 Right wing men rub fake poo on a four-year-old Muslim, Asian girl’s face outside a pub in a racism attack,
They were targeted because they were wearing headscarves and Asian clothes.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/19/men-rubbed-fake-poo-on-four-year-old-girls-face-in-racist-attack-6015714/

Disgusting, racist behaviour. But I hope your blood boiled as much after the Nice attack, the Paris attacks, the Orlando attack, the San Bernadino attack and the Boston bombings.
Original post by Legendary Quest
What are you talking about? No one is talking about the niqab/face veil. They are talking about the headscarf - the one that covers the hair only. :wink:

Still Outlaw it
Original post by MyBloodisBlue
Still Outlaw it

Why outlaw the headscarf?
Original post by StrawbAri
:lolwut:
By attacking a little girl?!!

You sound like the people that support police killings because it's 'fighting back'

no he just sounds like the type of person to attack little girls
Original post by WBZ144
I wasn't comparing crimes I was making an analogy. In both cases, those who encouraged the crime are complicit.

One man murders, the rest panic and scream - caught up in the moment, if you didn't want to be murdered, in shock... Would you try to stop him and risk becoming another victim or blend into the crowd for your own safety?
Why outlaw the headscarf?

yes it's not western clothing
yes it's not western clothing

Lol, what? I'm sure British people wear Asian clothing when they go to Asia and African clothing when they go to Africa. :rolleyes:

People can wear whatever they want. See, we have this small thing called 'freedom' which allows people to do just that.
OP is a rightophobe?
Lol, what? I'm sure British people wear Asian clothing when they go to Asia and African clothing when they go to Africa. :rolleyes:

People can wear whatever they want. See, we have this small thing called 'freedom' which allows people to do just that.

If they are living permanantly in our country, yes make them wear western clothing and knock down all mosques, Islam is not a western religion, this measures will make us a more cohesive country, If they are on Holiday, thats a different country but im pretty much a strong patriot who hates immigration and everything it brings
Original post by TercioOfParma
Did I not admit that the attack was bad? However, the fact that people on this forum go the "Muh racists are worse than islamists" often, I thought I would point that out before anybody went on about how the right is evil.

But the exact same thing happened with the BLM threads.
Similar revenge attacks were carried out by disgruntled individuals, not to the same extent as this attack, but it's the same sentiment.
(Though very violent revenge attacks have been carried out by extremist right wing in the past)

Anyway the point is, people who I can only assume are 'right wing' were quick to paint the movement as some organised terrorist organisation out to kill all whites and how the left is evil and hateful.
Both sides are excatly the same. Let's not act like it's only one side that does this.
Original post by StrawbAri
But the exact same thing happened with the BLM threads.
Similar revenge attacks were carried out by disgruntled individuals, not to the same extent as this attack, but it's the same sentiment.
(Though very violent revenge attacks have been carried out by extremist right wing in the past)

Anyway the point is, people who I can only assume are 'right wing' were quick to paint the movement as some organised terrorist organisation out to kill all whites and how the left is evil and hateful.
Both sides are excatly the same. Let's not act like it's only one side that does this.

I'm not, it is just that on this particular occasion it would be the left doing this.
If they are living permanantly in our country, yes make them wear western clothing and knock down all mosques, Islam is not a western religion, this measures will make us a more cohesive country, If they are on Holiday, thats a different country but im pretty much a strong patriot who hates immigration and everything it brings

Say that to all the British people living in Dubai.
Original post by swiss_cheese
You've obviously stumbled halfway into a conversation with no contextual knowledge. I was giving reasons as to why the Nazis emerged as a prominent right wing party in Germany.

I actually followed the conversation; the guy you were talking to was contesting the notion that the Nazi party was 'far right'. He asked for evidence of their 'right wing'-ness, to which you replied with the comment that I quoted. That comment contained absolutely no evidence of a far right ideology, which was why I pulled it up.
Ffs this is not the time to argue over the hijab, nor indulge in pointless whataboutery, nor debate what is "far right" and what is not. Could we just focus on the actual crime here please and address the issues.

This was an appalling and, according to reports, racially motivated attack that no self-respecting human being, let alone a four year old, should have to face in this country. I hope she's all right now.
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
I actually followed the conversation; the guy you were talking to was contesting the notion that the Nazi party was 'far right'. He asked for evidence of their 'right wing'-ness, to which you replied with the comment that I quoted. That comment contained absolutely no evidence of a far right ideology, which was why I pulled it up.

Not sure why anyone needs to be told how the Nazis are right wing. They massacred non-German races, they had an aggressive foreign policy and militaristic agenda. My original post was explaining why the right wing Nazi party emerged during the time, obviously the other person didn't communicate clearly enough
But wait... how do you know they were right wing? I didn't see the article include that. I don't know what right wing or left wing or what side you're on politically has to do with the crime the men did...
(edited 7 years ago)

Including the help it brings to your economy? 🤔
Including immigration from other western countries and countries with similar values to the west? 🤔
Original post by chemting
Ffs this is not the time to argue over the hijab, nor indulge in pointless whataboutery, nor debate what is "far right" and what is not. Could we just focus on the actual crime here please and address the issues.

This was an appalling and, according to reports, racially motivated attack that no self-respecting human being, let alone a four year old, should have to face in this country. I hope she's all right now.

That's too much to ask of tsr to be honest.
With things like this expect people to try and shift attention from the issue at hand and brush it under the carpet. It happens when it's a terrorist attack, it happens when it's a racist attack. It's a sad reality but not many actually care for the victims but how to use it to drive their agenda.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending