The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h333
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un. :frown:

I understand. I really fear being an egoistic, especially while giving dawah. Insha'Allah I hope I maintain my good behaviour, manners, character and patience at all times. I feel that dawah and your argument has already lost its value the moment you start losing your patience. Ego can begin to dictate our actions and words.

I came across this and agree:
May Allah(SWT) help us to be humble always and never let pride and ego manifest our actions. Ameen.

SubhanAllah.

yeah my younger brother left Islam and when I try to tell him about the deen or talk to him about religion I try my best to be sensitive. Especially when the discussion isn't heated (or he hasn't said anything about Islam), its ok to be nice x
Original post by Reformed
iran is not 13 hrs flight time
I know :P
Original post by BasharAssad
are you going to Iran?

I know :P

In spite of our disagreements with this user, posts like this are not helpful and only antagonise more. Please desist
Original post by Zamestaneh
In spite of our disagreements with this user, posts like this are not helpful and only antagonise more. Please desist
I know but I find it amusing, sorry.
are you going to Iran?

You know my friend, from my mothers side i have an entire ancestry of sunni's, who migrated all over the world. If you go back , you'll find that the majority of my ancestors are actually sunni, and not shia. The conversion too place only a generation ago with my mother.

I have no family in Iran, no vested interests at all of the country, save what i judge, bearing witness to Allah azwj.

I probably have more sunni relatives than a number of people on this thread itself. Indeed, some of my closest relatives are sunni.

Shia's are diverse, from the Bahraini's, Iraqi's , Saudi's, Azerbajani's, etc. In the middle east, the ratio is about 40-60 shia-sunni. Don't generalise with Iran my friend :smile:

The massive skew comes when you consider asian countries (the country i am visiting - malaysia) as well as indonesia, where 99% are sunni.

I'm going to Malaysia, inshAllah, and not Iran.

So i'm well averse to racial stereotyping.
Not sure if I am in England or in a desert...
Original post by RaptorStar
Not sure if I am in England or in a desert...

Isn't that lovely!

This hot desert-like weather is closer to the one of Medina. I feel like a bedouin arab in this weather.
Original post by Leukocyte
Enjoying!? I'm exhausted.
Had to get 2 packets of ice cubes.

Lol!

I essentially went into a massive cooler/fridge area of a wharehouse when out shopping earlier.
Just a little something I'd like to share, and above all a reminder to first and foremost:
Islam is a religion that calls its adherents to adopt the highest manners and best behaviour in their daily lives.
When the prophet pbuh was describing his message/summarising his message.
He didn't say I came to complete prayer only for you.... I came to complete fast only for you.. What the prophet pbuh actually said was: verily I was sent to only complete the best and noblest of manners for you.
And when Allah swt wanted to compliment his messenger pbu he swt said:
و انك لعلى خلق عظيم
And thou (standest) on an exalted standard of character.
So great manners and good character are the sifaat (characteristics) of the messengers, prophets and their companions.
And without good character/noble manners then the iman of that person is incomplete. As the prophet pbuh describes in the hadith:
البر حسن الخلق، والإثم ماحاك في صدرك وكرهت أن يطلع عليه الناس
Righteousness is good character, and sin is what your heart doubts/tells you to avoid and you wouldn't want others to find out.
Imam ibnul qaiym says:
الدين كله خلق، فمن زاد عليك في الخلق زاد عليك في الدين
This faith in its entirety is based on good character, and whoever posses better manners than you is better than you in faith.
So we can see then that there is a strong link between good character/noble manner and the islamic faith. your behaviour is connected to what lies inside your nafs and what you believe, which means that the goodness of your character leads to goodness of your deeds.

And we don't have to be born with good character, because if good character were something can only be born with there would have been no need or use for all these reminders from God and prophet. And there would be no point in punishments.
But the reality is good character is something we can gain, something we can learn. And our best example of this is the prophet pbuh, who when Aisha ra was describing him she said:
His character/manners were of the quran.
And if one was to look at the hadiths of the prophet pbuh he would notice the vast majority were on muamalat, dealings with people.
Many are the hadiths of the prophet reminding us of good character, being good to others, and little is our action in emulating these sunnahs of good character.
InshaAllah we will have a few looks at the sunnah of good character of the prophet pbuh.
To be continued inshaAllah.
Original post by Tawheed
JazakAllah khayr for this, truly appreciate it., and inshAllah !

I'm flying to Malaysia inshAllah, and i hate transiting so this will be a direct flight there. I'm thinking of getting an aisle seat.

No problem.

Are you visiting family or is it a holiday? Malaysia sounds good though.

I would definitely recommend an aisle seat, as with the flight being 13 hours, being stuck because someone is sleeping and you don't want to wake them is problematic.

An exit row seat is also good as it provides a lot of leg room space + quick access to flight attendants but it has a few problems, which are that it's cold + right next to the toilet.

I also don't want to scare you but you might encounter some turbulence going over South East Asia.
Original post by AlifunArnab
No problem.

Are you visiting family or is it a holiday? Malaysia sounds good though.

I would definitely recommend an aisle seat, as with the flight being 13 hours, being stuck because someone is sleeping and you don't want to wake them is problematic.

An exit row seat is also good as it provides a lot of leg room space + quick access to flight attendants but it has a few problems, which are that it's cold + right next to the toilet.

I also don't want to scare you but you might encounter some turbulence going over South East Asia.

Visiting family :smile: JazakAllah khayr for all of this advice.

You have scared me a little (but not to worry!) i've flown over south-asia before, is there any particular reason why there will be turbulence there?

Thanks for the heads up though, if i do get bad turbulence, i'll have been warned and so ready now inshAllah.
Original post by Tawheed
Visiting family :smile: JazakAllah khayr for all of this advice.

You have scared me a little (but not to worry!) i've flown over south-asia before, is there any particular reason why there will be turbulence there?

Thanks for the heads up though, if i do get bad turbulence, i'll have been warned and so ready now inshAllah.

No particular reason. Just my experience
Reply 413
Original post by MJlover
yeah my younger brother left Islam and when I try to tell him about the deen or talk to him about religion I try my best to be sensitive. Especially when the discussion isn't heated (or he hasn't said anything about Islam), its ok to be nice x

Oh :redface:. La hawla wala quwata illah billah. This is very hard, I understand. Why did he leave Islam? May Allah guide him to the right path. Ameen.

Yeah we should not forget our manners though. He may repel away from Islam even more. These situations are quite sensitive.

Original post by s_ahmed2
Salaam

If anyone is looking or knows someone looking for Maths/Science tuition then let me know please. I can teach A Level Maths/Chemistry. Also if you know anyone or any institutes looking for an Arabic/Quran teacher then let me know too.

For London, preferably East.

BarakAllahu Feekum

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaikum Assalam.

Unfortunately, I do not live in London. So I can't really help out. Sounds great though :smile:.
Insha'Allah you find some way.

Wa iyyak. :smile:
Original post by h333
Oh :redface:. La hawla wala quwata illah billah. This is very hard, I understand. Why did he leave Islam? May Allah guide him to the right path. Ameen.

Yeah we should not forget our manners though. He may repel away from Islam even more. These situations are quite sensitive.

Wa'alaikum Assalam.

Unfortunately, I do not live in London. So I can't really help out. Sounds great though :smile:.

assalaamu alaikum,
with news about ISIS and events concerning muslims around the world he decided to leave the deen, plus he was ill at the same time. so yeah he became Christian
Reply 415
Erm random but when I put on sun screen (tried many)...I go quite red under the sun...just my face...well not fully red...but if anyone gets me....isn't it supposed to not?...does it happen to anyone else?
Original post by s_ahmed2
Salaam

If anyone is looking or knows someone looking for Maths/Science tuition then let me know please. I can teach A Level Maths/Chemistry. Also if you know anyone or any institutes looking for an Arabic/Quran teacher then let me know too.

For London, preferably East.

BarakAllahu Feekum

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live in London, i'll let you know if anything comes up inshAllah.

About your Arabic - do you teach modern standard arabic?
Original post by h333
Erm random but when I put on sun screen (tried many)...I go quite red under the sun...just my face...well not fully red...but if anyone gets me....isn't it supposed to not?...does it happen to anyone else?

Is it red from burning or red from heat though? People naturally get red when they get hot :beard:
Original post by h333

No idea. I don't wear sun cream since I'm Asian lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333

Wa'alaikum Assalam.

No probs and ameen, :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending