The Student Room Group

How to get into a relationship

I've finished university and i haven't dated or been with anyone. That's either due to turning down guys I'm not attracted to, liking people who are out of my league, or ****ing it up before it even begins (I have social anxiety so my first impressions are always humiliating because I'm self conscious and shy).
Now I've moved back home and I don't know anyone. I apply to jobs everyday but keep being rejected to people who have more experience. I can't find any clubs or volunteering in my area.

I really don't know what to do. I don't know how to meet people and I have crap experiences with online dating. How does everyone else manage to meet people and date then all the time? My friends are either married or constantly have new boyfriends and I just don't know how 😔
Reply 1
Bizarre that I am giving this advice based on my long-term-singleness, but you need to stop looking for relationships. It will come across whenever you talk to any guy and will reek of desperation.

Seek out interests, do the things you enjoy and enjoy your life. You will meet the right people whilst you are doing the things you enjoy; I think that entering a relationship by simply trying to find anyone to date is really the wrong way to go about it. Focus on yourself and the right people will notice and take interest.
Reply 2
Don't worry,wait for few months,and then right person will come to you.
Coming from someone who's pretty much tried everything to make himself attractive/attract the opposite gender, best I can advise to just be yourself and hope that one day you will have good fortune. :smile:
Become a catfish
Original post by Anonymous
I've finished university and i haven't dated or been with anyone. That's either due to turning down guys I'm not attracted to, liking people who are out of my league, or ****ing it up before it even begins (I have social anxiety so my first impressions are always humiliating because I'm self conscious and shy).
Now I've moved back home and I don't know anyone. I apply to jobs everyday but keep being rejected to people who have more experience. I can't find any clubs or volunteering in my area.

I really don't know what to do. I don't know how to meet people and I have crap experiences with online dating. How does everyone else manage to meet people and date then all the time? My friends are either married or constantly have new boyfriends and I just don't know how 😔

Focus on getting the job part sorted first! Just be friendly to everyone you meet, and your bound to meet someone!

ALSO there is no such thing as being out of your league, thats childish crap...

Also really funny but I met a now ex at a job interview lol
tried everything such as?
Original post by hezzlington
tried everything such as?

PM me if you really wish to know. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending