The Student Room Group

Sorry Muslims for all the Islamophobia

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Terry Tibbs
If these nice non-violent Muslims reject and refuse to follow the regressive and barbaric teachings that are fundamental to Islam, why should they have a problem with us blaming these attacks on said teachings if they themselves aren't being blamed? Is it maybe because they actually don't want to openly reject these teachings as they are a vital part of their beliefs and don't want to reform?

But they do actually reject them. I mean, here's Al-Azhar, the biggest Sunni Islamic institution, the Cambridge of Islam if I may:
http://www.ansamed.info/ansamed/en/news/sections/generalnews/2016/07/15/nice-attack-al-azhar-condemnsislams-precepts-contradicted_967d5d32-fc84-4dac-81b5-9c98e0cea99c.html
Original post by oShahpo
But they do actually reject them. I mean, here's Al-Azhar, the biggest Sunni Islamic institution, the Cambridge of Islam if I may:
http://www.ansamed.info/ansamed/en/news/sections/generalnews/2016/07/15/nice-attack-al-azhar-condemnsislams-precepts-contradicted_967d5d32-fc84-4dac-81b5-9c98e0cea99c.html
They don't actually explicitly reject any of part of the violent teachings in Islam that inspired the attacks, rather they just condemn the attacks.
They don't actually explicitly reject any of part of the violent teachings in Islam that inspired the attacks, rather they just condemn the attacks.

Well they say the teachings are misinterpreted.
Original post by oShahpo
Well they say the teachings are misinterpreted.
I rest my case.
I rest my case.

What's wrong with that? Al-Azhar explicitly say that those verses are related to the wars of Muhammed in his time and are not relevant to Muslims today, I don't see anything wrong with that. I mean yea the idea of believing that such a person who commanded those things is perfect is ludicrous, but still as long as their interpretation is not violent then why not just accept them and their interpretation?
I felt really emotional while reading this because I havent seen a post like this in a long, long time. The current posts bashing Muslims and Islam make me very sad, and what breaks my heart even more are the horrific events taking place in the world, today.

I have never seen so much hate spread against Muslims in my life, and as a Muslim myself, I now feel unwelcome in my own country for the very first time.

People like you do give me hope though, so I thank you for making this post. I really do wish we would all just get along.

Better get used to it though :redface:
Reply 26
People on the left never tire of thinking they speak for other people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Look at the end of the day Islam does need reforming. I do believe most Muslims are honest kind people but there seems to be easy access to radicalised members that needs to stop.
the majority of terrorists are not radicalized.. its because most of those terrorists are in areas where there are no schools and there conditions are severe. The only source of education they have is through religion. Thats not radicalization , its a lack of education and the verses of the quran state to fight injustice and to fight for your rights so to them they are freedom fighters who are trying to save their people and they beleive that allah/god is on their side and that they will die martyrs. The government in these countries dont help them at all , The only ones who benefit in these countries are the rich and upper class and the poor have next to nothing... no schools, no food, no job opportunities or ways to build a future and so they turn to terrorism because groups like isis provide them with shelter , food and all the living essential that people need. Its a political war for them and wouldnt happen if the goverments of these countries were just and there were no injustices within the countries. The only ones that are radicalized are the ones from western countries that go over there or who massacre in their own countries. This radicalization is not due to the verses of the quran , its due to the persons understanding of it and their life in general or they become depressed or angry or have issues within their life that they take it out on everyone else by bombing or massacres. when they say "allah hu akbar" its because in islam it teaches that before u die u should say that. This term is what separates a mass spree murderer to a islamic terrorist. :smile:
Original post by oShahpo
What's wrong with that? Al-Azhar explicitly say that those verses are related to the wars of Muhammed in his time and are not relevant to Muslims today, I don't see anything wrong with that. I mean yea the idea of believing that such a person who commanded those things is perfect is ludicrous, but still as long as their interpretation is not violent then why not just accept them and their interpretation?
Because it's a ******** response to avoid calling for any kind of reform. You have children being indoctrinated by radical Islamists all over the UK being taught to follow barbaric and medieval teachings and the problem is this isn't even radical Islam, it literally is just bare bones normal vanilla Islam. If these verses aren't relevant to today's society then they have no excuse not openly reject them and distance themselves from an outdated war inspired ideology to form a new one compatible to modern society if not leave it all together. If moderate Muslims are just going to ignore these verses and pretend they don't exist then they have no grounds to whinge and play victim when people criticise Islam for what it is.
Because it's a ******** response to avoid calling for any kind of reform. You have children being indoctrinated by radical Islamists all over the UK being taught to follow barbaric and medieval teachings and the problem is this isn't even radical Islam, it literally is just bare bones normal vanilla Islam. If these verses aren't relevant to today's society then they have no excuse not openly reject them and distance themselves from an outdated war inspired ideology to form a new one compatible to modern society if not leave it all together. If moderate Muslims are just going to ignore these verses and pretend they don't exist then they have no grounds to whinge and play victim when people criticise Islam for what it is.

They can't change the Quran, all they can do is either leave the religion, which is pretty hard given the massive amount of indoctrination Muslims are exposed to, or just interpret it in a non-violent way or just plainly ignore it. Yea I agree they shouldn't whinge when their religion is criticised, but there is no reason to hate them personally if they are taking a non-violent approach to the religion.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I am sure the families of people who have inanely and brutally lost their lives, or are in critical condition at this very moment, will back you up on that

my thoughts go out to the 200+ iraqi muslims killed and more injured.
Original post by oShahpo
They can't change the Quran, all they can do is either leave the religion, which is pretty hard given the massive amount of indoctrination Muslims are exposed to, or just interpret it in a non-violent way or just plainly ignore it. Yea I agree they shouldn't whinge when their religion is criticised, but there is no reason to hate them personally if they are taking a non-violent approach to the religion.
That is exactly why Islam needs ruthless criticism as does indoctrination, and that goes for all religions. Nobody is attacking non violent Muslims personally but the problem is even more complicated when you come to realise the proportions of these Muslims that support things like Sharia Law and banning homosexuality https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law.
Reply 32
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I am sure the families of people who have inanely and brutally lost their lives, or are in critical condition at this very moment, will back you up on that

Mostly those people tend to be Muslims.
It is clear everybody here took the obvious bait.
Reply 34
Original post by offhegoes
Mostly those people tend to be Muslims.

Ah to be honest I think I misinterpreted it as saying that the Western terrorist attacks indirectly hurt Muslims through consequent Islamophobia, and that this is worse than the deaths, rather than that most direct victims of terrorist attacks in general are Muslim, but reading it again I realise that the latter is probably what was meant.
I rest my case.

youd be a fool if you wanted a religious person to denounce their religion let alone a conservative muslim. Its impossible. And it also shows how you insist on attacking Islam.
Original post by fksociety
youd be a fool if you wanted a religious person to denounce their religion let alone a conservative muslim. Its impossible. And it also shows how you insist on attacking Islam.
How foolish of me to want someone to denounce a barbaric and violent ideology right? And why yes I am indeed attacking Islam, el problemo?
And why yes I am indeed attacking Islam, el problemo?

I havent got an issue with that. Its a bit of cliche now anyway but whatever.

How foolish of me to want someone to denounce a barbaric and violent ideology right? And why yes I am indeed attacking Islam, el problemo?

You're missing the point here. Read. Try again.
Original post by fksociety
You're missing the point here. Read. Try again.
Not sure I see your point here, I mean I don't realistically expect that the majority of religious people will denounce their religion but I fail to see how it is foolish to make the argument that if they want to continue following their religion and not be associated with these barbaric verses then they ought to denounce them.
Not sure I see your point here, I mean I don't realistically expect that the majority of religious people will denounce their religion but I fail to see how it is foolish to make the argument that if they want to continue following their religion and not be associated with these barbaric verses then they ought to denounce them.

The vast majority of muslims are harmless. So getting them to denounce their religion is pointless and shows how people like you just want to attack them for no reason.

So what if they're associated? They're not doing any harm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending