The Student Room Group

Creationism being taught in schools is a not all bad

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by oldercon1953
If only a fraction of species leave fossils then their conclusions are even more fictitious then I thought. Thanks for the info.

God put fossils there to test people's faith.
If only a fraction of species leave fossils then their conclusions are even more fictitious then I thought. Thanks for the info.

Well no, fossilisation is a sensitive process but it's far from the only piece of evidence in favour of evolution.
Original post by Maker
So prima facia evidence will suggest you lack those very basic critical thinking skills.

The evidence I see suggests if you buy everything these scientists tell, you'll be changing you;er mind a lot.
Original post by Maker
So prima facia evidence will suggest you lack those very basic critical thinking skills.

The evidence I see suggests if you buy everything these scientists say, you'll be changing you; mind a lot.
The evidence I see suggests if you buy everything these scientists say, you'll be changing you; mind a lot.

The ability to change one's mind when faced with new evidence is a very valuable thing. It is what all science is founded on and what separates it from dogma.
Reply 165
The evidence I see suggests if you buy everything these scientists tell, you'll be changing you;er mind a lot.

Vicars are always a bit dubious, some of them have kids.
A couple questions; The Cambrian Period was roughly 5-6 hundred million yrs. ago. Given the slow pace of evolution, It would seem there has not been sufficient time for life to have evolved from simple, single celled life forms, to the level of complexity of mammals and finally modern man.

What exactly are you basing this on? Why do you not think that 545,000,000 years is enough time for that? Also, as an aside, multicellular and eukaryotic life predates the Cambrian.
Original post by RayApparently
The ability to change one's mind when faced with new evidence is a very valuable thing. It is what all science is founded on and what separates it from dogma.

Yet, they continue to pass on inconclusive evidence as fact and have it's erroneous conclusions taught as fact in our schools.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yet, they continue to pass on inconclusive evidence as fact and have it's erroneous conclusions taught as fact in our schools.

I'm not sure who 'they' are meant to be nor what 'inconclusive evidence' you're referring to. The evidence for macroevolution is overwhelming (transitional forms, physical and molecular vestiges, genetic information, anatomy) and no other hypothesis accounts for that evidence. It is as 'proven' as anything could be.
Reply 169

It took me nearly 5 seconds to look through all the evidence for Creationism.
Original post by Maker
It took me nearly 5 seconds to look through all the evidence for Creationism.

Perhaps you are ill or have been drugged.

You (and the public generally) buy technological items, medicines and foodstuffs that work all the time and which are based on the scientific theories of the scientists that you denigrate. How can this be if those theories are so flaky?
Reply 172
Original post by Good bloke
Perhaps you are ill or have been drugged.

I was both and still only took me 5 seconds to look through the entire body of evidence for creationism.
Original post by RayApparently
I'm not sure who 'they' are meant to be nor what 'inconclusive evidence' you're referring to. The evidence for macroevolution is overwhelming (transitional forms, physical and molecular vestiges, genetic information, anatomy) and no other hypothesis accounts for that evidence. It is as 'proven' as anything could be.

I'm sure they are all quite satisfied with themselves
Let's just Hitchen's Razor this, there is very little point in the dialogue. I'd imagine even if we did teach him science, he has limited/no capacity to retain or apply or appreciate any of it anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm sure they are all quite satisfied with themselves

Scientists are rarely 'satisfied'. There's always more work to be done. Nonetheless the evidence for macroevolution and common ancestry is very extensive.
Original post by Rather_Cynical
I would like to see you argue how you can separate a delusion of the mind.....

Same could be said for your faith in evolution'ism', the biggest hoax known to mankind.
Original post by Racoon
Same could be said for your faith in evolution'ism', the biggest hoax known to mankind.

[citation needed]
Original post by Rather_Cynical
[citation needed]

You are not going to get any evidence from Racoon, he just denies the science in favour of his almost total literal interpretation of the bible. His actually scientific knowledge is ZERO, a big fat one at that. The best you are going to get is some biblical verses.
Original post by dozyrosie
You are not going to get any evidence from Racoon, he just denies the science in favour of his almost total literal interpretation of the bible. His actually scientific knowledge is ZERO, a big fat one at that. The best you are going to get is some biblical verses.

I don't expect any - I hypothesize that with sufficient indoctrination of any ideology, especially religious ideology, something messes up certain neural connections that critical thinking is no longer possible with notable psychiatric features like marked inclination to violence and verbal abuse, among other symptoms.

I'd be interested to see if it ever makes it to ICD-11/DSM-6

Quick Reply