The Student Room Group

Is life after death possible?

Scroll to see replies

No.
Reply 41
And what are you basing this on? People who do go to those guys actually have experienced accurate readings and you're willing to bet based on absolutely nothing. If you have no knowledge about it why would I trust you about it lol.

Original post by Alexion
I'm willing to bet that even if I went to one of these guys, they'd be wrong or highly obscure in what they're saying such that anyone would consider it to be true.Trust me dude, there's nothing behind it.
(edited 7 years ago)
In a naturalistic view, I don't see how it can be. How can you live again after your body decays?
Original post by Rispekt
And what are you basing this on? People who do go to those guys actually have experienced accurate readings and you're willing to bet based on absolutely nothing. If you have no knowledge about it why would I trust you about it lol.

Because there is absolutely no way that anyone can predict the future. There's no way anyone could tell me about my life without knowing me or me telling them beforehand.

I may not have had one, but the concept of these readings defy all logical reasoning so there's no way that they could possibly be true.

If you believe them, then I applaud you on your gullibility.
Reply 44
You cant try to explain everything with the limited amount of knowledge that you and science has. These things are outside of modern science's capacity which doesnt make it fake. If you try to use scientific logic instead of opening your eyes, you will stay behind. It may defy logical reasoning because it is outside of the current logic we understand. 2000 years ago people thought the earth was flat and tried to use scientific logic with their limited understanding. They killed whoever said otherwise. Same thing you are doing minus the killing. Plus if the guy can predict your birth date and place etc what more proof do you need?
You hate to admit you dont understand how he did it even though he does do it, so you just say its fake

Original post by Alexion
Because there is absolutely no way that anyone can predict the future. There's no way anyone could tell me about my life without knowing me or me telling them beforehand.I may not have had one, but the concept of these readings defy all logical reasoning so there's no way that they could possibly be true.If you believe them, then I applaud you on your gullibility.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rispekt
You cant try to explain everything with the limited amount of knowledge that you and science has. These things are outside of modern science's capacity which doesnt make it fake. If you try to use scientific logic instead of opening your eyes, you will stay behind. It may defy logical reasoning because it is outside of the current logic we understand. 2000 years ago people thought the earth was flat and tried to use scientific logic with their limited understanding. They killed whoever said otherwise. Same thing you are doing minus the killing. Plus if the guy can predict your birth date and place etc what more proof do you need?
You hate to admit you dont understand how he did it even though he does do it, so you just say its fake

Magic... :angelwings:
Reply 46
Original post by champ_mc99
Magic... :angelwings:

Lol not magic :laugh:
Reply 47
Original post by Song of the Soul
My parents and sister have had these readings that you speak of done to them and most of what was said was wrong. It was predicted my mum would die in 2011 and she's still alive and kicking.

I never said all the readings from all the fortune tellers in the world come true did i? I said the method which i am speaking of gives accurate information as stated above.
Even somr people with the method might using it in a wrong way for profit reasons or whatever. But given that you do it in a correct way it will work. You cant possibly know what method im talking about because i never mentioned it so you cant say she did the same method
(edited 7 years ago)
The spirit world exists. It's reality...not possibility.

http://altereddimensions.net/2013/burning-wem-town-hall-ghost-little-girl-appears-amongst-flames

Science can't explain it. No Photoshop. No illusions. What's the little girl in the flames? A human being?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theBranicAc
what does it feel like to be dead

just spend 10 minutes at a Labour Party Conference. *
Reply 50
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I don't mean reincarnation exactly but when you die is it possible a baby or even animal will be born in which you have a consciousness. Not saying you'd remember being the counciousness of other animals before but the prospect that when I die I might have millions of other lives scares the hell out of me.
If you had no knowledge of a previous life, then - as far as you are concerned - you had no previous life.

However, the main thing to bear in mind is that the mind, consciousness, whatever you want to call it, is a function of the physical brain. We know that we can alter consciousness by altering the brain - either physically, chemically or electrically. We also know that all detectable evidence of consciousness disappears when the brain dies, so I wouldn't worry about it.
And if you do worry about it, it is only variations in the electro-chemical composition of the brain - so nothing to worry about!
Reply 51
Original post by skunkboy
The spirit world exists. It's reality...not possibility.

http://altereddimensions.net/2013/burning-wem-town-hall-ghost-little-girl-appears-amongst-flames

Science can't explain it. No Photoshop. No illusions. What's the little girl in the flames? A human being?
It's just another fake.

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/from_the_edge_of_postcards_the_wem_ghost_photo
I don't mean reincarnation exactly but when you die is it possible a baby or even animal will be born in which you have a consciousness. Not saying you'd remember being the counciousness of other animals before but the prospect that when I die I might have millions of other lives scares the hell out of me.

And where did "we" or "I" come from. Everyone has a brain but why am I living through this one. What was there before I was born?

Man no wonder so many people turn to religion this is bloody confusing!!*

That is reincarnation. People don't turn to religion because it's confusing they turn to religion because they have comfort in the belief that an afterlife might exist.
The answer you expect is either yes or no, but the real answer may be neither. We percieve life simply as a 3 dimensional concept, but yet we cannot precisely define what exactly is life. What we know about the universe and life is soo small it is negligable. In order for us to determine life after death, we need to accurately define life. All the theoretical definitions for life are scientific but natural science is an invented concept in itself.
Reply 54
Original post by Rispekt
Yeah its all over india too. But some particular guys use a 'special method' and they tell you accurate info about your present life e.g. how many kids you have, when you will die, what type of job you will get etc. but more detailed info its scary how much accuracy it has. Then they tell you info about your past life and if you go to any of these guys they all tell you the same exact thing which is scarier.

Sounds like ********, IMO. Have you had experience with these Guru-ji's, Mawlana's or whatever? They're mostly scammers, liars with no ground morals and look to find a way to make good money out of fools.

Though, I don't completely doubt the possibility of past lives - especially after looking at the studies of Ian Stevenson.
Reply 55
You did, someone mentioned it was Jyotish and you agreed. Stop trying to backtrack and wriggle out of it when people who have actually had this done to them saw that most of what they said was wrong.

I too believe in reincarnation, but that doesn't mean that this special practice is genuine.

There are different kinds of jyotish. Some work some dont. You should really educate yourself before accusing me of backtracking and wriggling out. Again, people who have this done to them may not have done the method im talking about. Jyotish literally has a different meaning however widely in india it is also used as the word fortune telling. i thought he meant latter. Plus I didnt even agree. I said thanks for him for the links he provided
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 56
I don't mean reincarnation exactly ...

Before you were conceived in your mother's womb you did not exist, you are not an immortal being, but you can be. You need to be "born again", i.e. receive the Spirit of God.

That happens when you "die to self", you no longer think you know best but you choose to allow God to reveal himself to you .
You do as the original gospel says (not what most modern "churches" say) and repent, be baptised (buried in water for a second) and call on God, wanting what he says you need.

Just like a baby cries when it is born so you will speak in an unlearned language ("praying in tongues"), as I & all my friends do.
(edited 7 years ago)
Read post #58
Reply 58
I know how it sounds. But theres no scientific proof for it because its beyond science so you only have to use anecdotal accounts or else you got nothing.
Sometimes its a skill e.g. some people could tell you your future by just looking at you and sometimes they need some of your information. Im not providing excuses. E.g. If I said im a fortune teller (im not) and told you your future (inaccurately) would you say all fortune telling is wrong? You cant base all the fortune tellers on just one or two experiences. I guess you wont understand it until you experience it yourself even if I wrote an essay on it and you are pretty much denying it without experiencing it. (the method that im talking about) If I say the planet mars doesnt exist, whats the proof that it does exist? Is the proof that you can see the planet? Same thing applies here. You cant make a decision on it without experiencing it
What method are you talking about then, be specific?Listen to how ridiculous you're being. You're making loads of claims about these methods that supposedly work, yet providing no evidence for them and making excuses whenever someone says that they've had these readings done for them that didn't work. It's up to you to show us proof and anecdotal accounts aren't worth much because you can find people saying they've experienced pretty much everything under the sun somewhere on the internet. Fortune telling and cold reading has been going on for millennia; for the most part it's a skill that one acquires, not a supernatural talent.

1. The ASSAP's conclusion was that the photo showed a simulacrum (a random, ambiguous image interpreted as meaningful) caused by falling debris filmed during the fire. It did not appear to be a hoax.

ASSAP lied? Why?

2. Fake? Double exposure? No boots and no ghost's right arm in the ghost photo. Science can explain that?

Quick Reply