The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Changing course - advice needed !

Hello.

I have applied for the Neuroscience and got the conditional offer. I sent my exam results couple days ago, but right now I feel that this course does not appeal to me, due to more profound reflection. What should I do in order to change my course. Wait until I receive the final offer for Neuroscience and then change or call University and try to change it right now ?
Hello @Persjan,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having doubts about the Neuroscience degree you originally applied for. Are you still feeling unsure about the course?

What kind of course were you thinking of changing to? Is there one in particular? And finally, have you received your grades yet?

In a nutshell, it is possible to change your course but you will need to do the following things -

1) Email us an official request to change your course. If you want to apply for an undergraduate degree e-mail [email protected], or if applying for postgraduate e-mail [email protected].

2) Make sure you include your full name, Middlesex ID number, the original course you applied for and the new course you wish to apply for. If the new course is totally different to your original course then it would also be best if you provide a personal statement for the new course.

We will have to reassess your application & qualifications to make sure you meet the requirements of the new course, then a decision will be made.

I hope this information answers your questions. Please let me know if you need my help further.

Best wishes,
Alex

(MIddlesex University Rep)

Original post by persjan
Hello.

I have applied for the Neuroscience and got the conditional offer. I sent my exam results couple days ago, but right now I feel that this course does not appeal to me, due to more profound reflection. What should I do in order to change my course. Wait until I receive the final offer for Neuroscience and then change or call University and try to change it right now ?
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Reply 2
Original post by Middlesex University
Hello @Persjan,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having doubts about the Neuroscience degree you originally applied for. Are you still feeling unsure about the course?

What kind of course were you thinking of changing to? Is there one in particular? And finally, have you received your grades yet?

In a nutshell, it is possible to change your course but you will need to do the following things -

1) Email us an official request to change your course. If you want to apply for an undergraduate degree e-mail [email protected], or if applying for postgraduate e-mail [email protected].

2) Make sure you include your full name, Middlesex ID number, the original course you applied for and the new course you wish to apply for. If the new course is totally different to your original course then it would also be best if you provide a personal statement for the new course.

We will have to reassess your application & qualifications to make sure you meet the requirements of the new course, then a decision will be made.

I hope this information answers your questions. Please let me know if you need my help further.

Best wishes,
Alex

Hello.

I got in touch with the Admissions team about 10 days ago and sent such mail with the official request to change the course, but forgot about the new personal statement. Should I send it straight to the [email protected] ?
Hi @persjan,

Which course do you want to change on to? How different is it from Neuroscience? A personal statement is only necessary if the subject area is very different.

Have you heard anything back from our Admissions Team yet?

Original post by persjan
Hello.

I got in touch with the Admissions team about 10 days ago and sent such mail with the official request to change the course, but forgot about the new personal statement. Should I send it straight to the [email protected] ?
Reply 4
Hi @persjan,

Which course do you want to change on to? How different is it from Neuroscience? A personal statement is only necessary if the subject area is very different.

Have you heard anything back from our Admissions Team yet?

I would like to change for the BA International Business. Week ago I got an email that my application is being evaluated against the entry requirements for the new course. Furthermore, I sent the new Personal Statement yesterday.
Hi @persjan,

International Business sounds like a very exciting area - good luck!

It sounds like you are making all of the right moves. If you have received an acknowledgement from the Admissions Team then you should wait for them to respond.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Best wishes,
Alex

Original post by persjan
I would like to change for the BA International Business. Week ago I got an email that my application is being evaluated against the entry requirements for the new course. Furthermore, I sent the new Personal Statement yesterday.
Reply 6
Thank you ! I hope everything's going to proceed well, as I can't wait to study a desired course at Middlesex.

Hi @persjan,

International Business sounds like a very exciting area - good luck!

It sounds like you are making all of the right moves. If you have received an acknowledgement from the Admissions Team then you should wait for them to respond.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Best wishes,
Alex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending