The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

What Is Nightlife Like In Nottingham?

Hi all,

I am hoping to apply to study law at Nottingham Trent from September 2017, however I am unable to visit one of the open days so I am replying on information on the website, prospectus and on The Student Room.

I wondered if anyone was able to tell me what life is like in Nottingham? How are the people, the university, the city, the nightlife, etc. I want to get a real feel of what life is like as a student here before I make my final decision.

Hope you can all help!

George :biggrin:
Original post by GeorgeB16
Hi all,

I am hoping to apply to study law at Nottingham Trent from September 2017, however I am unable to visit one of the open days so I am replying on information on the website, prospectus and on The Student Room.

I wondered if anyone was able to tell me what life is like in Nottingham? How are the people, the university, the city, the nightlife, etc. I want to get a real feel of what life is like as a student here before I make my final decision.

Hope you can all help!

George :biggrin:

Hi George,

Personally, I love Nottingham (however I may be a bit bias!) It's a really nice city with everything so close by, however it doesn't feel crammed together either like some cities, as it has lots of open spaces.

The one cool thing about living in the city (as Nottingham Trent's City site and quite a few of the halls of residence are as well) is everything is so close, and only a little walk away. Whether it's a lecture, a nightclub, or a supermarket, there is multiple no more than 5/10 minutes walk away. Which, personally makes life so much easier (especially if you are lazy like me!)

Nottingham is very much a 'student' city with two big universities based here. In fact right now it's really weird as it's quiet with all the student finished for the academic year! Because it's a 'student' city, there is loads of bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants to visit (and it feels like there is a new one opening every week!) so plenty of places to visit depending on what you like.

I would really recommend, if you have the opportunity in the next year, to come and visit Nottingham and the university if you have the chance. All of the above is my personal opinion, and you may feel completely different! I'll leave a link to our open days this year if you are interested:

NTU Open Days

If you have any questions (or want some personal recommendations on where to visit in Nottingham) let me know and I will try and help.

Thanks,

Ellen
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending