The Student Room Group

Man stabs 4 women for dressing immodestly in France

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tawheed
Come on guys, Islam does not condone the acts of this deluded man who committed this crime. Please don't reply to this/ quote me. You can believe what you want , i'm just stating the facts.

-replies-
"The attacker violently stabbed the woman and girls, before driving away from the scene. He was detained a few minutes later."

Nice!
Reply 242
Original post by swiss_cheese
meanwhile 300 Muslims die in Baghdad because of terrorism, but you're getting all teary about something as small as this? certainly just because it fits your islamphobic (note I say islamphobic as fear of Islam, not islamophobia) agenda.

Baghdad is a muslim city in a muslim country. It is supposed to have this ***t - it's normal. France is different - just 30-40 years ago this stuff would not have been happening there.
Original post by 1010marina
I see. We have now descended beyond rational debate and discussion and instead we can now make statements and claim them as fact with no evidence provided and tell people they are not allowed to argue.

How wonderful. I believe all people called Steve are aliens... But don't reply to this please guys I don't want an argument ya?

Brilliant comparison :biggrin:.
Original post by 1010marina
I see. We have now descended beyond rational debate and discussion and instead we can now make statements and claim them as fact with no evidence provided and tell people they are not allowed to argue.

How wonderful. I believe all people called Steve are aliens... But don't reply to this please guys I don't want an argument ya?
but, but... I have a cousin named Steve, and he is in fact an alien

there is sound, convincing proof for this : as we all know, God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve, and all Steves are aliens, created by Xgrwblt
(edited 7 years ago)
This is again further evidence to suggest that people cause the problem and not Islam.

You keep repeating that mantra, but you haven't asked or answered the obvious question.

You have not thought to ask yourself why it is that there are huge numbers of people producing a violent response to what are essentially trivial provocations - dressing immodestly, cartoons of long-dead prophets, damage to modern copies of religious scriptures, eating during a fast, marriage to loved ones, dating, making immodest twitter posts, apostasy, for instance - and these people overwhelmingly are adherents of one particular religion?

I call these things provocations but, of course, they are no business whatever of anyone other than the victim who should have been allowed to live out their lives unharmed.

Why are there so few Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs etc committing violence on people for these same reasons? Why do Moslems in the west feel the need to perform these atrocities in such high numbers (they are reported on a daily basis) while other superstitious people (and atheists, of course) don't? Why do we, so often, see Moslems with placards calling for the deaths of those that insult their religion but never see this in the adherents of other religions?

And I haven't even mentioned terrorism, Boko Haram, Al-Qaeda or ISIS and the enslavement of captured women for sexual purposes.

I also have not mentioned mass sexual assaults and the constant harassment of women by Moslem immigrants who seem not to understand that women are not to be victimised in this way. Women in their home countries are to be pitied.

What makes Islamic devotees so violent if it is not the ideology itself? These people come from a wide variety of different cultures, often thousands of miles apart, so it cannot be a cultural thing unconnected with the religion, can it? It isn't the food.

Speaking of which, has it ever crossed your mind that Islam in the rest of the world, untrained by modern western values, really is that barbaric, and that what we are seeing is the norm outside the west? That you, a westerner, cannot see that the local form is a welcome "corrupt" form of Islam, but that the Islamic world doesn't agree with you?

Do you even dare to consider such a thing?
Lol call your reinforcements because you're too lazy to reply. Great job, you're one salty person, did connor make you like this?

Nah I just know you wouldn't have the brains to realise your argument is pointless. And a great sign that you're losing the argument is bringing my ex in unnecessarily when he has nothing to do with what we're talking about :lol: Try harder next time or run back to Mummy because you're like a 5 year old in your arguments.
Original post by loveleest
He's an idiot lmao

Bringing my ex into the argument.. Lmao what a loser!
Original post by BaconandSauce
Is this the 'Muslim morality' we hear so much about

But you should be ashamed of yourself for saying such a thing.

4 people dying seems less of a tragedy than 300 dying, I don't really see what religion has to do with that? Seems the other poster was just pointing out your hypocrisy.

Let's be honest, you couldn't care less about the victims. You're just jumping on their deaths to push your political agenda like a parasite. Disgusting.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Good bloke
You keep repeating that mantra, but you haven't asked or answered the obvious question.

You have not thought to ask yourself why it is that there are huge numbers of people producing a violent response to what are essentially trivial provocations - dressing immodestly, cartoons of long-dead prophets, damage to modern copies of religious scriptures, eating during a fast, marriage to loved ones, dating, making immodest twitter posts, apostasy, for instance - and these people overwhelmingly are adherents of one particular religion?

I call these things provocations but, of course, they are no business whatever of anyone other than the victim who should have been allowed to live out their lives unharmed.

Why are there so few Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs etc committing violence on people for these same reasons? Why do Moslems in the west feel the need to perform these atrocities in such high numbers (they are reported on a daily basis) while other superstitious people (and atheists, of course) don't? Why do we, so often, see Moslems with placards calling for the deaths of those that insult their religion but never see this in the adherents of other religions?

And I haven't even mentioned terrorism, Boko Haram, Al-Qaeda or ISIS and the enslavement of captured women for sexual purposes.

I also have not mentioned mass sexual assaults and the constant harassment of women by Moslem immigrants who seem not to understand that women are not to be victimised in this way. Women in their home countries are to be pitied.

What makes Islamic devotees so violent if it is not the ideology itself? These people come from a wide variety of different cultures, often thousands of miles apart, so it cannot be a cultural thing unconnected with the religion, can it? It isn't the food.

Speaking of which, has it ever crossed your mind that Islam in the rest of the world, untrained by modern western values, really is that barbaric, and that what we are seeing is the norm outside the west? That you, a westerner, cannot see that the local form is a welcome "corrupt" form of Islam, but that the Islamic world doesn't agree with you?

Do you even dare to consider such a thing?

Why didn't you get this worked up about Gordon Browns Sharia Law? :frown:
Original post by JordanL_
4 people dying seems less of a tragedy than 300 dying, I don't really see what religion has to do with that? Seems the other poster was just pointing out your hypocrisy.

Let's be honest, you couldn't care less about the victims. You're just jumping on their deaths to push your political agenda like a parasite. Disgusting.

Helps if you know the facts before you give your opinion

Otherwise you are no better than a mad man shouting at traffic as it passes by.
Reply 252
meanwhile 300 Muslims die in Baghdad because of terrorism, but you're getting all teary about something as small as this? certainly just because it fits your islamphobic (note I say islamphobic as fear of Islam, not islamophobia) agenda.

Don't forget the Taiping Rebellion, makes WWII look like a minor incident.

Seriously .... A woman and daughters in critical condition from random stabling and you call it small!

I guess if it was done by the "far right" it would be big.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MariamaAbdullahi
Islam teaches the same things as Judaism, Christianity and even Buddhism.

No it does not

It's these kind of lies that make us all laugh out loud though
Reply 255
Original post by BaconandSauce
No it does not

It's these kind of lies that make us all laugh out loud though

Sounds to me like you're trying to tell a practicing Muslim how her religion works :/// yikes
Original post by dingleberry jam
Why didn't you get this worked up about Gordon Browns Sharia Law? :frown:

I think we established, in a previous conversation, that this is a figment of your imagination and your claim is unsupported by the evidence you showed at the time.
Original post by MariamaAbdullahi
yet Islam is the only religion criticized for 'oppressing women'..

Have you noticed that Islam is the only one where its laws claim to be actually written by a god? The adherents of the other religions realise that they have room to be sensible and modern and that there is no need to act in the same way bronze age desert-dwellers lived any more. Christians know that pork is perfectly safe to eat - safer than chicken, in fact.

Moslems, on the other hand, are told that their law comes directly from the deity and that there are specific nastinesses lying in wait for them if they don't continue to live in eighth century Arabian desert conditions, following the same old superstitions. It does, in its immutable laws, oppress women and condone slavery.
Original post by Tawheed
Come on guys, Islam does not condone the acts of this deluded man who committed this crime. Please don't reply to this/ quote me. You can believe what you want , i'm just stating the facts.

Please read my response at post 251.
Original post by Good bloke
I think we established, in a previous conversation, that this is a figment of your imagination and your claim is unsupported by the evidence you showed at the time.

Quite possibly, but if that's true then your claim that this attack was religiously motivated must also be a figment of your imagination and unsupported by the evidence.

If you're not consistent chap, you look like a racist. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending