The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

:frown:
Original post by FireFreezer77
Argh man that sucks!
You really do deserve to have a good psychiatrist now after all the things that have happened!!!
Surely she can be fired if she's lying about things?
I'm glad you're out now! But that's awful!
A breach of privacy surely?
Can you make a complaint or speak to someone formal about this?
Is it serious enough for the police? If so speak to them asap!
I hope you can find a great psychiatrist!
You deserve to have a happy successful life!

a) it's extremely difficult to prove that a psychiatrist misrepresented things and b) she retired last week! I know! ****ing ridiculous, I saw her once, she sectioned me, then she retired. So angry.

My wife is urging me to see someone the next town over, but that's a 40minute drive each way and if I'm seeing them every few weeks it's a lot of driving, which I'm not really the biggest fan of. :/

I'm so worried about cameras and microphones in my place but my wife gets angry everytime I even mention them. I'm also finding it extremely hard to be in public, all the noise people make is making me feel so uncomfortable. Thank **** I have klonopin.

Thanks for the reply, buddy. I might look into if I have any recourse but tbh with how I'm feeling right now I probably couldn't put things together.

How're things with you?
Every day i just lie in bed waiting for the next day, theres no end in sight, nothing to look forward to, nobody to talk to, and nothing that helps. I dont want to kill myself but i ****ing wish so much that someone would do it for me
Original post by Anonymous
Every day i just lie in bed waiting for the next day, theres no end in sight, nothing to look forward to, nobody to talk to, and nothing that helps. I dont want to kill myself but i ****ing wish so much that someone would do it for me

This is how I've been feeling lately. What would your ideal situation be, and how could you get there? Is there anything which you could be motivated to do, like a sport or hobby, even if you don't really want to? :hugs:
A couple of days ago, I finally got diagnosed with social anxiety disorder so I was wondering, is anyone the same? Does CBT work?
I just got a letter through with my PIP medical assessment date. Yet another thing to dread :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A couple of days ago, I finally got diagnosed with social anxiety disorder so I was wondering, is anyone the same? Does CBT work?

I don't have an anxiety disorder but mild social anxiety is something that has been a continuous battle for me since around the time I started secondary school.

I had CBT in 2011 for depression (not for anxiety or any anxiety-related issues) but the thing I actually found the CBT helped me with the most, was my social anxiety! Beforehand I was always paranoid about what people thought of me and would avoid going into restaurants on my own, etc. Now even though I sometimes still get anxious, it's much more manageable and I can go into restaurants/coffee shops by myself, which is a huge step forward for me :redface:

I'd encourage you to give CBT a go if it's offered to you :h:

To an extent. Get proper sleep and eat fish oil and vitamins, these help. Its just dopamine in your brain going a bit out of norms. avoid activities that spike your neurotransmitters. I had it but I don't anymore. I can give you tips.
TLG UPDATE

Exciting times, peeps: I think *touches wood* I've FINALLY solved the issue on my laptop which meant I couldn't use the TSR website but only the app on my phone. Turns out my laptop had not one, but TWO viruses, and some other issues as well. Think it's all resolved now, so hoping to be on here more in future.

@Sabertooth : really sorry to hear you were sectioned. Remember you can PM me if that would ever help :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
Saw my new psychiatrist last Monday. She immediately sectioned me. When I was in hospital I saw what she had used as justification; it was lies. I'm out now, but so scared that they've bugged my apartment while I was away. I do not feel at all safe here. :frown:

Just saw this.

****ing hell. :console: That's horrible. I would really suggest not going back to her. Is there any way you can report her?
Original post by Spock's Socks
The heat is triggering panic attacks for me :frown: can't sleep for palpitations and feeling smothered :cry2:

Roll on winter

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikr :frown:

:hugs: hope you're feeling a bit better today I know most of the U.K. is a bit cooler today.

------

Feeling so depressed today. Don't like this time of year everyone ****s off on fancy holidays which makes me feel doubly bad seen as I'm pretty much static, broke and socially isolated as a result of all my problems. Need to really try to get out as much as possible despite the barriers.
Original post by Little Popcorns
Ikr :frown:

:hugs: hope you're feeling a bit better today I know most of the U.K. is a bit cooler today.

------

Feeling so depressed today. Don't like this time of year everyone ****s off on fancy holidays which makes me feel doubly bad seen as I'm pretty much static, broke and socially isolated as a result of all my problems. Need to really try to get out as much as possible despite the barriers.

Thanks :smile: I'm OK today, more stressed out about the ESA and now PIP medical coming up. Its still really warm here but nothing compared to yesterday and last night especially.

:hugs: hope you feel better soon too. Mail me if you want to talk.

--------

Got some good news a little while ago, my papa is finally back on the transplant list :h: the bad infection he had on his foot finally cleared and thankfully it didn't spread which the doctors were sure it would so he's back at the top of the list again. Best news I've had for a while :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got some good news a little while ago, my papa is finally back on the transplant list :h: the bad infection he had on his foot finally cleared and thankfully it didn't spread which the doctors were sure it would so he's back at the top of the list again. Best news I've had for a while :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

PRSOM :grumble: Glad you have had some happy news - you deserve it :hugs:
TLG QUESTION

So after some serious prodding from my uni's disability office ( :poke: ), it's been confirmed that I am definitely on the waiting list for more therapy for my split personalities! Such a relief to hear that :redface:

The indication at this point in time is that it will be "higher intensity CBT". Does anyone know what this means/involves, in NHS CMHT terms? :colondollar:

Thankies in advance all :grouphugs:
:sigh:
So my paranoias creeping back :sadpanda:

But sliggt issue as iv not registered at the drs yet :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks :smile: I'm OK today, more stressed out about the ESA and now PIP medical coming up. Its still really warm here but nothing compared to yesterday and last night especially.

:hugs: hope you feel better soon too. Mail me if you want to talk.

--------

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks same o you PM if you need to and great news about your dad :smile: :hugs:
Original post by JordanL_
:frown:

:console: Whats up?
Original post by Little Popcorns
Thanks same o you PM if you need to and great news about your dad :smile: :hugs:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
PRSOM :grumble: Glad you have had some happy news - you deserve it :hugs:

Thank you both :hugs: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airmed
Just saw this.

****ing hell. :console: That's horrible. I would really suggest not going back to her. Is there any way you can report her?

Oh believe me, there is absolutely zero chance of me willingly seeing her again, thankfully I don't have to. On leaving, the hospital set up an appointment with a psychiatrist who I assumed was the one who sectioned me - so I called up and they told me she had retired. So basically her last act was to section someone on frivolous grounds. :mad:

I don't trust the whole clinic now so gotta somehow find another psychiatrist. However, as I live in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere I'm probably going to have to go further out, which means driving like 45 minutes each way. :sigh:

How're you doing? I was trying to read over what I missed but yeah...concentration problems :colondollar:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
TLG UPDATE

Exciting times, peeps: I think *touches wood* I've FINALLY solved the issue on my laptop which meant I couldn't use the TSR website but only the app on my phone. Turns out my laptop had not one, but TWO viruses, and some other issues as well. Think it's all resolved now, so hoping to be on here more in future.

@Sabertooth : really sorry to hear you were sectioned. Remember you can PM me if that would ever help :hugs:

Good to hear! I'd really recommend getting Adblock Plus to avoid many dangerous popups and ads.

And thanks for the PM offer, I apologize in advance for anything I might send you. :colondollar:

Latest