The Student Room Group

Charity Fundraising recruitment agencies...what is your feedback?

There are many different recruitment agencies out there that offer charity fundraising roles. Does anybody have any feedback for any of the charities or agencies? What were the people like you worked with? What was the company culture/atmosphere like? How well did they treat you as an employee?
Original post by 4RealBlud
There are many different recruitment agencies out there that offer charity fundraising roles. Does anybody have any feedback for any of the charities or agencies? What were the people like you worked with? What was the company culture/atmosphere like? How well did they treat you as an employee?

Most recruitment agencies are scumbags. It really is the wild west out there. Charity work really is very unstable in my experience. Unless you're with one of the big boys in a non-fundraising role you could be out of a job the next month. Chasing funding really is stressful.

Always carry on looking for a permanent non-agency role whilst working.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by jblackmoustache
Most recruitment agencies are scumbags. It really is the wild west out there. Charity work really is very unstable in my experience. Unless you're with one of the big boys in a non-fundraising role you could be out of a job the next month. Chasing funding really is stressful.

Always carry on looking for a permanent non-agency role whilst working.

That may be true but there are plenty out there who are making a long-term living out of it. I think it's just a matter of whether you're good enough at it to keep the job. At the end of the day, if you're not signing anyone up then you're making a living off donations that are intended to those most in need.
Original post by 4RealBlud
That may be true but there are plenty out there who are making a long-term living out of it. I think it's just a matter of whether you're good enough at it to keep the job. At the end of the day, if you're not signing anyone up then you're making a living off donations that are intended to those most in need.

i'd do it on the side. If you're amazing at it and can make a career from it then go ahead :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by jblackmoustache
i'd do it on the side. If you're amazing at it and can make a career from it then go ahead :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, all i need to do is keep it up for the duration of this summer :biggrin: - sorted

Who've you worked for then so far?
Reply 5
I take it you're talking about street fundraising. The ROI figures tend to be pretty low and the public generally don't like it.

If you're interested in a career in fundraising I suggest you get in touch with a charity and volunteer or look for an internship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending