The Student Room Group

British Muslims raise over £100,000 for charity during Ramadan.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mercuryman
But you're a sly little loser though.

you edited out your statement about muslims not being able to give charity to non-muslims.

thats what I and @Enginerd were addressing.

again, you've proved yourself to be ignorant and a sore loser.

It was already proven a long time ago.
Original post by mercuryman
But you're a sly little loser though.

you edited out your statement about muslims not being able to give charity to non-muslims.

thats what I and @Enginerd were addressing.

again, you've proved yourself to be ignorant and a sore loser.

Nope that's not right(you do know people can see my original unedited quote)

I simply stated that Zakat (and this is according to a fair few Muslim websites) can't be given to non-muslims

The OP doesn't mention zakat regardless of whether it can or can't be given to non Muslims. So I don't really see the relevance of this post unless you're sure that all the momey raised was to zakat.
God it's almost like some people get really upset when aspects of their faith are posted

It's almost like they are embarrassed about it or something:biggrin:
Original post by champ_mc99
The OP doesn't mention zakat regardless of whether it can or can't be given to non Muslims. So I don't really see the relevance of this post unless you're sure that all the momey raised was to zakat.

Yes I know

And It's not a claim I made I simply stated FACT

for some reason though people don't like this information being posted (I wonder why) :biggrin:
Original post by BaconandSauce
Nope that's not right(you do know people can see my original unedited quote)

I simply stated that Zakat (and this is according to a fair few Muslim websites) can't be given to non-muslims

you stated muslims can't also give charity to non-muslims and you stated that was a fact. @enginerd can confirm this.
Nope I have no issue at all

It seem though facts get a few people rather excited (it's almost like they are embarrassed by them)

Embarrassed by what? :confused:

Just saying, all religions and/or cultures have good aspects, and bad aspects. This charitable aspect of Islam is a good thing. I know you don't like Islam but you really don't have to try and make everything Muslims do seem evil. :erm:

Helping those affected by the floods in Carlisle

Wasn't aware Carlisle was only full of muslims?
Yes I know

for some reason though people don't like this information being posted (I wonder why) :biggrin:

No its kinda like when USA take down loads of terrorists and that one guy has to bring out innocents dying in Iraq because of them.
Yes I know

Maybe because it's not a fact (hence debatable) and irrelevant, unnecessary negativity? Only an absolute tool with a hateful agenda would attempt to undermine a positive thread by posting irrelevant "information". Hmm, I wonder why people don't like you(!)
Of course BaconAndSauce would try to hijack this thread for his own anti-Islam agenda :rolleyes:
What a wonderful thing. Kudos to the Muslim community.

I do however have issues with the article. "Some individual donations were as much as £30,000 but none of the main stream media outlets reported the news." ... As if the reason to give to charity is media acknowledgement? Victim complex journalist it appears.
ء)

روى ابن أبي شيبة في " المصنف " (4/288) قال : حدثنا أبو معاوية ، عن عمر بن نافع ، عن أبي بكر العبسي ، عن عمر ، في قوله تعالى : ( إنما الصدقات للفقراء ) التوبة/ 60 ، قال: هم زمنى أهل الكتاب .
Umar ibn al-khataab the second caliph gave zakah to non muslims.
As the above says:
He used to give it to the people of the book at his time.
مَا أَنْصَفْنَاهُ أَن أكلنَا شيبته ثُمَّ نَخُذُلُهُ عِنْدَ الْهَرَمِ
We didn't deal with him justly if we haven't looked after him in his old age.
Again umar ibn al-khataab given regular welfare to and old non-muslim
عُمَر بْن الخطاب عند مقدمه الجابية من أرض دمشق مر بقوم مجذومين منَ النصارى ، فأمر أن يعطوا منَ الصدقات ، وأن يجرى عليهم القوت
Umar again giving non-muslim lepers of Damascus from zakat and ordaining that their daily sustenance is covered.

So there is a difference of opinion on this.
Not mentioning that sadaqah is unanimously accepted to give anyone.
Original post by Lord Samosa

Just saying, all religions and/or cultures have good aspects, and bad aspects. This charitable aspect of Islam is a good thing. I know you don't like Islam but you really don't have to try and make everything Muslims do seem evil. :erm:

By the fact that according to the Majority Muslim websites Zakat can't be given to non-mulsims

But no it's not a good thing as firslty it's obligatory so not classed a charity but rather alms and if it only benefits a few fellow believers then again not a positive thing (canyou imaging giving to the RLNA but with the specification it only helps Christians)

And how can the truth be Evil?
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Maybe because it's not a fact (hence debatable) and irrelevant, unnecessary negativity? Only an absolute tool with a hateful agenda would attempt to undermine a positive thread by posting irrelevant "information". Hmm, I wonder why people don't like you(!)

of the 20 odd sites I have checked all of them confirm my fact.

Only one (based in America) says it's up for discussion

But you don't get to decide what is or isn't relevant.
Original post by nutcase13

Helping those affected by the floods in Carlisle

Wasn't aware Carlisle was only full of muslims?

That wouldn't have come from Zakat
Original post by Lord Samosa

what are the bad aspects of Atheism
By the fact that according to the Majority Muslim websites Zakat can't be given to non-mulsims

But no it's not a good thing as firslty it's obligatory so not classed a charity but rather alms and if it only benefits a few fellow believers then again not a positive thing (canyou imaging giving to the RLNA but with the specification it only helps Christians)

And how can the truth be Evil?

- Giving to charity is encouraged. Zakat or sadaqah. Many Muslims donate sadaqah.

-The OP doesn't specify if the amount stated is all Zakat.

- When normal people (including Muslims) donate to charity, they don't think about the religion of who they're helping.

- Many charities focus on specific causes anyway. If one charity wants to only help needy Muslims, so what? If help for heroes only want to help British troops, so what?

(And many "Muslim" charities do help non-Muslims anyway).

There's LOADS of threads on tsr where you can go berate Islam. But you're just making yourself look like an idiot in this one. Do yourself a favour and just stop.
of the 20 odd sites I have checked all of them confirm my fact.

I don't think you understand what the term "fact" means. Hint: if it's debatable (and it is based on the websites I've checked), than it is not a "fact". Instead of trolling and spreading negativity on an internet forum, perhaps you should invest in a dictionary and learn basic vocabulary.

But you don't get to decide what is or isn't relevant.

It's not something to be decided upon; the irrelevance of your posts is self-evident, as noted by pretty much everyone in the thread.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
I don't think you understand what the term "fact" means. Hint: if it's debatable (and it is based on the websites I've checked), than it is not a "fact". Instead of trolling and spreading negativity on an internet forum, perhaps you should invest in a dictionary and learn basic vocabulary.

It's not something to be decided upon; the irrelevance of your posts is self-evident, as noted by pretty much everyone in the thread.

Bless :biggrin:

I see the fact is embarrassing for some given the replies on this thread (so far I have only had one source to show it is up for debate)

Funny old world really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending