The Student Room Group

British Muslims raise over £100,000 for charity during Ramadan.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Oh dear. Judging by this thread everything us Muslims do is wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hezzlington
what are the bad aspects of Atheism

Atheism is tricky, as there's no universal set of beliefs or practices.

Apart from not believing in God. Which is a bad aspect for those with a religion, and a good aspect for those without a religion.

(Btw, I'm not up for a debate or discussion about the good and bad aspects of different religions/cultures right now. Perhaps better to make a thread if you want a discussion on it :lol:)
Original post by HAnwar
Oh dear. Judging by this thread everything us Muslims do is wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some have deep seated hatreds against muzzies (regardless of how they try to thinly veil it behind criticising)
https://www.al-islam.org/a-summary-of-rulings-makarim-shirazi/rules-zakah
The People Eligible for Zakah
Issue 384: There are a few conditions regarding the people eligible for Zakah (Mustahiqqoon):

First, is that (the people receiving Zakah) have faith (Imaan) in Allah, the Honorable Prophet, peace be upon him and his family, and the twelve A’immah, upon them be peace.

http://www.zakatguide.org/english/distribution_zakat.html
[*]Not allowed - Non-Muslims except for those whose hearts are to be reconciled.(in christian terms pay for pray)
[*]Still cant find a site that says it's up for discussion though :biggrin:
Original post by BaconandSauce
Bless :biggrin:

I see the fact is embarrassing for some given the replies on this thread (so far I have only had one source to show it is up for debate)

Funny old world really

It's okay BaconandSauce :console: Look at dem muzlamics doing something good, how dare they?! You sure showed them!
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
It's okay BaconandSauce :console: Look at dem muzlamics doing something good, how dare they?! You sure showed them!

Bless :biggrin:
https://www.nzf.org.uk/OurWork/Campaigns

Can't see any non Muslim causes listed
What is it with these people raising British money and sending it to Syria? We have problems over here
https://www.nzf.org.uk/OurWork/Campaigns

Can't see any non Muslim causes listed

Muslims can donate to other charities, I regularly do...

And once again :

- Many charities focus on specific causes anyway. If one charity wants to only help needy Muslims, so what? If help for heroes only want to help British troops, so what?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by neal95
What is it with these people raising British money and sending it to Syria? We have problems over here

Perhaps because Syria is in a civil war and 6.5 million people have been displaced because of this? The UK has some problems, yes, but Syria is in a whole other category. The people there need more help.
Original post by Lord Samosa
Muslims can donate to other charities, I regularly do...

And once again :

- Many charities focus on specific causes anyway. If one charity wants to only help needy Muslims, so what? If help for heroes only want to help British troops, so what?

Yes I know that (how many times do I need to acknowledge this fact?) Probably more than most Muslims will acknowledge zakat isn't charity and can't be given to non-muslims (according to the majority view that is)
Original post by neal95

Did you read the article properly? If not, I'll reiterate it just for you.

"Other Charitable projects included

Helping those affected by the floods in Carlisle

Helping people in Palestine and Pakistan to start honey-bee farms

Distributing hygiene kits and food in Haiti

Building ‘micro-dams’ in Mali to harness water from flash floods to be used during the dry season

300 volunteers delivering 22,000 chocolate cakes to be eaten at the end of the day when the Ramadan fast is broken. Cakes cost £10 each and all proceeds went to provide humanitarian relief in Syria

Running soup kitchens for homeless people in Britain"

Reply 52
Yes that's right whats the point of correcting me if the original 'wrong' information is still available (and it is available on an awful lot of Muslim websites who must all be wrong)

You'd think correcting such a massive mistake would be a worthwhile thing

You're clearly a graduate from the Daily Mail school of ethics :wink:
God it's almost like some people get really upset when aspects of their faith are posted

It's almost like they are embarrassed about it or something:biggrin:

Zakat is not allowed to be given to Non-Muslims because they do not have to contribute to the fund.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by neal95

Yeah lets raise money to get lazy british plebs of their arses and work!
Considering the money was also spent on helping those affected by the recent floods in Carlisle and giving hygiene kits and food in Haiti, I am more inclined to believe that this was done in the form of Sadaqah rather than Zakat. Either way, they raised money and helped people in need. Can we not congratulate them?

I like how we are always able to turn something positive into something negative here. :rolleyes:
Original post by fksociety
Yeah lets raise money to get lazy british plebs of their arses and work!

People like you is why we voted brexit :smile:
Original post by neal95
People like you is why we voted brexit :smile:

Do elaborate for me
Original post by *Alisha*
Zakat is not allowed to be given to Non-Muslims because they do not have to contribute to the fund.

I know but it seems stating this gets a few people all riled up Go figure
Muslims do so much to help others, some of the loveliest people I've ever met, should be appreciated more.

Quick Reply