The Student Room Group

Why is it so hard to find a job even when i have a job?

Hey all i work at marks and spencers 6 days a week permanent contract i get paid 8 pound 40 and hour which is rising to 9 pounds 60 next year april

i was looking to find extra income else were maybe another part time job ive been rejected from primeark which pays less than my current job 7 punds something even though i have experience in retail and recently got rejected from a job in a restaurant. They call me to come in for a trial then they just ignore me.

Why are employers allowed to do this?
Do you think its fair they have the power to hire or reject whoever they like?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ednut
Hey all i work at marks and spencers 6 days a week permanent contract i get paid 8 pound 40 and hour which is rising to 9 pounds 60 next year april

i was looking to find extra income else were maybe another part time job ive been rejected from primeark which pays lexx than my current job 7 punds something even though i have experience in retail and recently got rejected from a job in a restaurant. They call me to come in for a trial then they just ignore me.

It's life, stop moaning and keep applying. You'll get something eventually. Maybe you have too many hours for their needs?
Original post by ednut

i was looking to find extra income else were maybe another part time job ive been rejected from primeark which pays less than my current job 7 punds something even though i have experience in retail and recently got rejected from a job in a restaurant. They call me to come in for a trial then they just ignore me.

This word answers all of your questions really. If they think you're not up for the job that is your problem, not them. Did you make a mistake in your trial?
Reply 3
Maybe fix you're grammar in you're CV?.
Original post by Hunsmz
Maybe fix you're grammar in you're CV?.

Says the person who has made two grammar mistakes. :p:
Reply 5
Try to find another job through nelest.com service. I personally have found mine through that service, having then a horrible, dead-end job. You know, I quitted that job with no regrets. I wish you the same!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending