The Student Room Group

People that are good at taking photos of themselves.. HELP

I'm 19 and about to head off to Uni after a GAP year so ideally I want my social media photos looking fresh etc.

Thing is I seem to look so much worse in photos and I would ideally like to change that if possible.

It's weird because IRL I constantly get stared at and apparently a lot of girls at my old sixth form had crushes on me (Excuse the terrible arrogance but it's just info for you!). Yet if I use Tinder I get barely any matches and I know it's because I look awful in photos.

Apart from the obvious advice (lighting, angles etc) how can I improve my appearance in photos? I need the advice to be a bit more specific so that I can actually apply it to myself.

All constructive advice is VERY much appreciated!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 19 and about to head off to Uni after a GAP year so ideally I want my social media photos looking fresh etc.

Thing is I seem to look so much worse in photos and I would ideally like to change that if possible.

It's weird because IRL I constantly get stared at and apparently a lot of girls at my old sixth form had crushes on me (Excuse the terrible arrogance but it's just info for you!). Yet if I use Tinder I get barely any matches and I know it's because I look awful in photos.

Apart from the obvious advice (lighting, angles etc) how can I improve my appearance in photos? I need the advice to be a bit more specific so that I can actually apply it to myself.

All constructive advice is VERY much appreciated!

Photoshop
You need to see what sort of lighting flatters you and whether an indoor or outdoor photo would look better.

Style your hair and set it with a spray or gel so that it does not lose its shape. Then think about your clothes and how you want to present yourself (casual or formal). Take pictures at a variety of arm lengths to see which length you prefer or give someone (whos judgement you trust) the camera so that they can see how close they need to be to take a flattering photo. Then any extras can be taken care of with apps available online or with filters.
Is there a difference with selfies and photos taken by someone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just an FYI, amazing photos don't always get you swipes either. :wink:

Erm...the right angle helps. Photoshop to touch it up a bit. Have you got examples of what you have currently?
Maybe like a background tint or colour of some sort, and photoshop? :biggrin:
Reply 6
Hey, thanks for the response!

I'd show you but I'm currently feeling a bit insecure and also I know a lot of people who use this part of the forums so I'd rather stay anonymous :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, thanks for the response!

I'd show you but I'm currently feeling a bit insecure and also I know a lot of people who use this part of the forums so I'd rather stay anonymous :smile:

Understandable, but I'd be more than happy to take a look if you were to PM me. I promise not to show/tell anyone. :smile:
*watches thread to also seek advice*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending