The Student Room Group

Does anybody know the CBAT score required for AAC?

I've messaged the Army Officer/recruitment facebook page (two seperate accounts) as well as spoke to the Live Chat on the Army website. They didn't know, so they gave me a number to ring, but the number for the AAC they gave me didn't work...

Anybody here know? A google has said it's either the same as RAF cut off, or it's 80, which is very low?

However, I've also found that unlike the RAF, the aptitude test scores are not black and white pass/fail, a low aptitude score can be made up for at flying grading, as well as your score as an overall candidate.

Can anybody verify this

Scroll to see replies

IT DOESN'T MATTER.

You try your best. You get a score. It goes from there.

There is no other way to look at this. You can't aim to 'just pass' , so your best effort is your best effort. End of.
Not exactly relevant but I know the AAC are crying out for pilots at the moment. A combination of people leaving after they've been trained and done their minimum service and people applying but failing to meet the standards. So, they're pushing a lot of NCOs to try out for it.

SS
Original post by ProStacker
IT DOESN'T MATTER.

You try your best. You get a score. It goes from there.

There is no other way to look at this. You can't aim to 'just pass' , so your best effort is your best effort. End of.

Erm I've already taken the CBAT, no information about passmarks for either FAA or AAC, hence the query :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Supersaps
Not exactly relevant but I know the AAC are crying out for pilots at the moment. A combination of people leaving after they've been trained and done their minimum service and people applying but failing to meet the standards. So, they're pushing a lot of NCOs to try out for it.

SS

I've heard these rumours as well. I'm exploring all avenues that offer a military flying role, but so far I'm a leaning towards the Army a bit more...bit more soldiering involved and can go for other roles too.
Reply 5
Hi,

Does anybody have the correct link for the 'notes for candidates for the CBAT'. The link they gave me at the P2 presentation on my invitation to Cranwell doesn't seem to work (link below). Please could someone try the link and confirm that it is faulty.

Would anybody also happen to have the correct link - I've contacted all the RAF sources I can think of (AFCO office / Cranwell itself - but to no avail :frown: ).

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/media/2036/20160128-cbat-jis-v8-o.doc

Appreciate the help.

Cheers
Original post by dc2012
Hi,

Does anybody have the correct link for the 'notes for candidates for the CBAT'. The link they gave me at the P2 presentation on my invitation to Cranwell doesn't seem to work (link below). Please could someone try the link and confirm that it is faulty.

Would anybody also happen to have the correct link - I've contacted all the RAF sources I can think of (AFCO office / Cranwell itself - but to no avail :frown: ).

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/media/2036/20160128-cbat-jis-v8-o.doc

Appreciate the help.

Cheers

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/media/1858/20150211-notes_for_guidance_cbat_v7-o.doc
Reply 7

Thanks for that. I did actually come across this one but was a bit unsure whether this was the correct one as this says 'v7' and the other link was 'v8'.- a bit pedantic I know, but wanted to make sure I had the correct information.

Thanks, again.
Original post by dc2012
Thanks for that. I did actually come across this one but was a bit unsure whether this was the correct one as this says 'v7' and the other link was 'v8'.- a bit pedantic I know, but wanted to make sure I had the correct information.

Thanks, again.

This was the version they sent me a few months ago.
Reply 9
Original post by hezzlington
This was the version they sent me a few months ago.

Have you had your CBAT yet?
Original post by dc2012
Have you had your CBAT yet?

Yeah, I was a few marks from passing for Pilot which was gutting, I scored really well in most categories, especially the hand-eye stuff, did pretty good in CLAN and a few others, but failed one category and therefore failed the whole thing.

I was really ill with flu. I had come so far I didn't want to give it a miss so I tried anyway.

Whether the illness contributed towards my failure I don't know, but I'm fairly confident I'll do better next time.

It's not unheard of that people score less the second time, however. We will see. Hopefully they're still recruiting next year!
Reply 11
Yeah, I was a few marks from passing for Pilot which was gutting, I scored really well in most categories, especially the hand-eye stuff, did pretty good in CLAN and a few others, but failed one category and therefore failed the whole thing.

I was really ill with flu. I had come so far I didn't want to give it a miss so I tried anyway.

Whether the illness contributed towards my failure I don't know, but I'm fairly confident I'll do better next time.

It's not unheard of that people score less the second time, however. We will see. Hopefully they're still recruiting next year!

Ah, i'm sorry to hear that. Good luck for the future!!!

unfortunately they deduct your score for every previous test you've undertaken in order to balance your past experience against first timers.
Original post by Smith1star

unfortunately they deduct your score for every previous test you've undertaken in order to balance your past experience against first timers.

Really? I've never heard of this before. Do they do this for any other aspect of selection (as in deduct your score if you've done it previously)

Are you sure? Where did you hear this? Or are you confusing the Cranwell Aptitude tests with AFCO Aptitude tests (without sound rude).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most people score better on their second and subsequent attempts.

No they don't. If they did most aptitude scores would be in single figures or low teens!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fritz Bollinger
Most people score better on their second and subsequent attempts.

No they don't. If they did most aptitude scores would be in single figures or low teens!

Thanks for the clarification.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17

Which route in are you looking at? AAC officer?
Original post by NFI
Which route in are you looking at? AAC officer?

At the moment, yes.
Reply 19
Have you passed AOSB yet?

Quick Reply

Latest