The Student Room Group

Ask any question about Shia-Islam thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by dozyrosie
Do you know any other sites? I have been looking for a better site for ages as TSR has become shite with the mods continually putting their interpretation of the rules in, Mods are no better than lefty voters.

What's going on here ? Who is reporting you ?
Reply 281
Original post by Hydeman
You do realise that all the tagging was a joke in response to what Zamestaneh said, right? :lol:

Atheists on TSR don't really go around tagging each other into every thread to try to gang up on people - that's just a spontaneous lie told by Zamestaneh because he felt that he had to take a sideways shot at atheists in a thread about Shia Islam to help him sleep better at night.

As for not having anybody: I don't see why one would need anybody. It's not a good thing to be part of a virtual gang that seeks to win arguments by overwhelming force of numbers, harass others in an effort to drive them out of certain societies, and generally behave like online thugs. If you feel you're being harassed, then you should make a thread about it in AtCT. :smile:

I'm perfectly fine being by myself. The problem arises when you look at human psychology. Groups tend to tag-team on issues, and the layman immediately sides with the group, due to the fallacy of appealing to popularity. Ignoring the merit of an argument, ignoring the rational methods bywhich one ascertains the truth.

As for reporting, and the moderation team, it's an offense to complain about it, so i'll keep my mouth closed.
Original post by Tawheed
I'm perfectly fine being by myself.

Fair enough. :yy:

As for reporting, and the moderation team, it's an offense to complain about it, so i'll keep my mouth closed.

I didn't say anything about reporting or the moderation team (on this thread, anyway). I just wanted to let you know that if you feel that you're being targeted repeatedly by certain users, AtCT is the way to go. :hippie:
Original post by Tawheed
x

I have seen though that even shias over there rebuke you from time to time for having views quite different to the mainstream :s-smilie:

Original post by Tawheed
And i am proud of it. What i say on here, i say on there. I have one face. Not you in particular, but some users here would drive a mile to hide what they say about me (or people of my madhab) on other boards/whats app groups.

Well we never know what goes on behind the online persona. Having one online persona over several places doesn't really prove a lot.
(I know I know husnuzaan..etc but not seemingly being used here so should be ok right?)
Reply 284
Original post by Hydeman
Fair enough. :yy:

I didn't say anything about reporting or the moderation team (on this thread, anyway). I just wanted to let you know that if you feel that you're being targeted repeatedly by certain users, AtCT is the way to go. :hippie:

Interesting how i was left out of the secret forum, despite being one of the users who discusses and debates theology/philosophy the most with our atheist brothers and sisters on here ?

Despite explicitly telling some of the users of that secret forum that i am even writing up long refutations myself (on pages, and not a forum), in addition to studying the claims extensively ?

Despite being the one user who has spent an enormous time with atheists over the years.

Despite one of the users who regularly has tackled with theological claims against Islam on the I-Soc over the years.
Reply 285
Original post by Al-farhan
I have seen though that even shias over there rebuke you from time to time for having views quite different to the mainstream :s-smilie:

I am mainstream. The admins, moderators, some of our actual students studying in hawzah, the students who frankly, are mountains ahead of me in intelligence, debating , all side with me on the majority of issues.

You see me clashing with a minority of layman, a handful. I clash with them because i correct them. I'm also a 'layman', but one who knows what our ulema teach.

The one exception is on tawassul, where , i have held very salafi-positions on issues, which through time, i have changed, and so, i had a few debates on that there.

You have passed me a secret compliment though. You view my ideas as so much more tolerable, you want to make it look like i am not the mainstream. :wink:

Well we never know what goes on behind the online persona. Having one online persona over several places doesn't really prove a lot.
(I know I know husnuzaan..etc but not seemingly being used here so should be ok right?)

I know the usernames of some of the users who use TSR, as well as Ummah forums, [i've read the threads there too] and i have had reliable testimony on other things. It's more than just an online personna, it's posting some pretty worrying things.

Let's just put it this way, you wouldn't be called a kaffir by multiple users and sent indirect death threats, as one is on Ummah forums.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
Interesting how i was left out of the secret forum, despite being one of the users who discusses and debates theology/philosophy the most with our atheist brothers and sisters on here ?

Despite explicitly telling some of the users of that secret forum that i am even writing up long refutations myself (on pages, and not a forum), in addition to studying the claims extensively ?

Despite being the one user who has spent an enormous time with atheists over the years.

Despite one of the users who regularly has tackled with theological claims against Islam on the I-Soc over the years.

Not everyone who engaged in these topics was involved in that forum.
Not being involved doesn't equate to a huge conspiracy against a single individual.
Do you insist in continuing this narrative of everything = sunni vs shia
They breathed 3 consecutive times must be coz I'm shia
A group of friends on the isoc create their own whatsapp group does not equate to you not being involved due to your sect either.
If you see blatant sectarianism then we condemn it, but to derive the involvement of sectarianism due to not being involved in x, y or z is just a bit ridiculous.
Can I claim racism for not being involved coz I'm somali?!
Lets get the thread back on track Tawheed.
Derailing aint good.
Reply 288
x!

Ideasforlife called me the abusive term 'rafidhi' and gloated about it when i told him how hurt i was. He refused to reply to my salams under the pretext i was not a brother in Islam.

Will you condemn his intolerance ?
Reply 289
x!

I've already typed out the list of evidence on another thread, which i have sworn to Allah azwj by. I can't copy and paste that on every thread.
Reply 290
Original post by Tawheed
A few. The only strength and power if from Allah.

Forgive me dear sister - was it not quoted properly / the link broken ?

SubhanAllah true. Bro make it easier for yourself though insha'Allah. Are you sure your married? :redface:

Oh don't worry, it is not your fault my notifications are messed up, some are showing and some are not at all. :angry:
Reply 291
Not being involved doesn't equate to a huge conspiracy against a single individual.
Do you insist in continuing this narrative of everything = sunni vs shia
They breathed 3 consecutive times must be coz I'm shia
A group of friends on the isoc create their own whatsapp group does not equate to you not being involved due to your sect either.
If you see blatant sectarianism then we condemn it, but to derive the involvement of sectarianism due to not being involved in x, y or z is just a bit ridiculous.
Can I claim racism for not being involved coz I'm somali?!

Not every user here is on that forum. But you would sort of expect someone who dedicates or had dedicated an enormous ammount of time, both on the religions sub-forum and on the I-Soc posting refutation after refutation against claims made against Islam, more so than the vast majority of the I-Soc to be invited though right ?

Allah knows best why i was not invited, and i will hold up my hands and not say there were sectarian motives. But you have to be honest, it could have been.
Reply 292
Original post by h333
SubhanAllah true. Bro make it easier for yourself though insha'Allah. Are you sure your married? :redface:

Yes Alhamdullilah, for several years now :smile: I can't get my wife to help me respond to these posts lol, she has a life.

Oh don't worry, it is not your fault my notifications are messed up, some are showing and some are not at all. :angry:

Please forgive me :frown:
Original post by Tawheed

The bolded is the main point here - the forum was hardly an infant with only a very few users before it was abandoned because despite our* original intentions, no one really used it, and I don't think even a single complete article was made in the end. It was just an idea which didn't become much more than that, so it is not accurate to assume you were intentionally left out as if the creators thought "hmm, not inviting Tawheed would be fun, so let's exclude him" because frankly the concept hadn't even gotten that far yet to actually consider who else to invite or not.

*I say "our" but really I wasn't apart of its founding because I had just taken Shahadah, so I was just there for the ride
Reply 294
Original post by Zamestaneh
The bolded is the main point here - the forum was hardly an infant with only a very few users before it was abandoned because despite our* original intentions, no one really used it, and I don't think even a single complete article was made in the end. It was just an idea which didn't become much more than that, so it is not accurate to assume you were intentionally left out as if the creators thought "hmm, not inviting Tawheed would be fun, so let's exclude him" because frankly the concept hadn't even gotten that far yet to actually consider who else to invite or not.

*I say "our" but really I wasn't apart of its founding because I had just taken Shahadah, so I was just there for the ride

Look, fair enough. Valid point, and i accept what you've said here. But i do feel , even had the forum been up and running, i may not have been among those invited.

Let's be honest, you'd rather have people of the same aqeedah there writing these articles. If you can't handle shia-resources on the OP of I-Soc, i do feel i am vindicated for questioning whether you would allow a shia member to produce articles which you would use.

But i guess it's futile discussing what could have been or what could have happened, i owe you a reply on tawassul and waseelah, and i've gotten a bit side-tracked, apologies.
Reply 295
Original post by Tawheed
To some users here, i'm worse than even the non-muslim, so don't feel hard done by. You have your tag-team army behind you, i have nobody.

I am disappointed you think you are alone. :colonhash:
You are still a Muslim brother can we keep the basics atleast.
Reply 296
Original post by h333
I am disappointed you think you are alone. :colonhash:
You are still a Muslim brother can we keep the basics atleast.

Alone in the whole tag teaming sister, definitely not alone in the deen.

Many of you are friends to both me, and the brothers who work (unintentionally) as a group.

You prefer peace, and to stay neutral and loving to everyone, and to resolve disputes, rather than side on them, if you follow me?

Again forgive me for not being clear.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed

But i guess it's futile discussing what could have been or what could have happened, i owe you a reply on tawassul and waseelah, and i've gotten a bit side-tracked, apologies.

Well let us get back on track :biggrin:
Reply 298
Well let us get back on track :biggrin:

Yes i agree.

I'll start with tawassul and waseelah that brother Zamestaneh asked, as i did give him my word i would answer his first.

Apologies for the delays on Q's, shiachat is down and i can't access key things.
Original post by Tawheed
Ideasforlife called me the abusive term 'rafidhi' and gloated about it when i told him how hurt i was. He refused to reply to my salams under the pretext i was not a brother in Islam.

Will you condemn his intolerance ?

And this is why you go from 1 vs 1 in a debate to 1 vs 2 :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending