The Student Room Group

Does he need space or is it a break up?

So I have been in a relationship with a guy for nearly 2 months. He has 3 jobs so he also have to make time to hang out with his friend and me. Yesterday we had a small arguement because he didn't let me know that we are not meeting...I texted him at 4pm and he said he doesnt know that he will be helping his dad all day. He thought I was mad or upset that I dont get to see him often but I told him that it's because he should have let me know earlier if he is not planning to mee t me. He told me to talk about this later.

Last night he went out because it's a guy's night out and he texted me (not sure if he was drunk) apologising and asking for another chance and saying he wanted to be with me and if he cant be with me he wouldnt be able to sleep. He asked me if we can start again. I replied saying we dont have to start again as everything is going fine.

He told me he has feelings for me but he's not sure it's a right time for him to have a relationship as he will have to work everyday for the next 2 weeks so it will be hard for us both. I told him I want to meet him in person so I ask if he wanted to meet after clubbing but he said he needs a night to think over things. He suggested to meet today but he havent message me all day, Im not sure if I should just let him be until he contacts me. Or is this a way of saying break up cowardly? Could anyone tell me what to do?
Just seems like you need more of his time, relationships takes time and effort and he's not willing to do that anymore.

Don't text him anymore. If he doesn't take initiative then he doesn't care about the relationship
Yes it's true that relationships take effort and time and every relationship needs to be two-sided , I understand that you feel this way but love means sacrifice and I think toy should talk to him . And seriously ask him in person , because otherwise it will not only make you mad , but drive you crazy also:smile:
Sounds dodgy to me. He clearly isn't committed, I'd save yourself the heart break.

When are people gonna learn not to mislead others in to a false sense of security?
Reply 4
Original post by xobeauty
Just seems like you need more of his time, relationships takes time and effort and he's not willing to do that anymore.

Don't text him anymore. If he doesn't take initiative then he doesn't care about the relationship

Yes I haven't message him since last night. All I said was to take his time and have a good night out.
Reply 5
Original post by Ria25
Yes it's true that relationships take effort and time and every relationship needs to be two-sided , I understand that you feel this way but love means sacrifice and I think toy should talk to him . And seriously ask him in person , because otherwise it will not only make you mad , but drive you crazy also:smile:

I really want to talk to him in person but he haven't message me...and I dont know if I should message him later on in a couple of days?
Reply 6
Original post by Emily.97
Sounds dodgy to me. He clearly isn't committed, I'd save yourself the heart break.

When are people gonna learn not to mislead others in to a false sense of security?

Im trying to think postive and preparing myself as well
Original post by Hdavidson99
Yes I haven't message him since last night. All I said was to take his time and have a good night out.

Aw I'm sorry he's being mean to you.
Reply 8
Original post by xobeauty
Aw I'm sorry he's being mean to you.

Do you think he will message me ever?
Do you think he will message me ever?

Yes probably.

But don't wait for him.
I really want to talk to him in person but he haven't message me...and I dont know if I should message him later on in a couple of days?

I understand , I think you should message him becaus waiting will only make it drag on for longer and the sooner you meet and talk it's better ..:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest