The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by 0to100
Know any remedies, how long it'll take to heal if it does...?

You lost your smell as in your natural smell, or lost your sense of smell? Or your pet ant called smell? :s
Original post by kkboyk
You lost your smell as in your natural smell, or lost your sense of smell? Or your pet ant called smell? :s

What? I'm not on about ants am I? If you don't know get lost.
Reply 3
Original post by 0to100

I was kidding, calm down :unimpressed:

The best thing to do is to just go outside for quite some time, and keep whichever room you cleaned ventilated.
Original post by 0to100

Google it
Original post by kkboyk
I was kidding, calm down :unimpressed:

The best thing to do is to just go outside for quite some time, and keep whichever room you cleaned ventilated.

Right that's all you had to say the 1st time instead of taking the mick with a stranger. Now not sure if I can trust what you say. I'll wait for the next response cheers for coming out boi :yy:
Original post by RickmanAlways
Google it

it's too broad
this is a thread for anyone who KNOWS about the situation that 1000s of potential people can see
if you don't know get lost
Were you cleaning your nostrils out?
Original post by 0to100
it's too broad
this is a thread for anyone who NOSE about the situation that 1000s of potential people can see
if you don't know get lost

:u:...
Original post by Little Popcorns
Were you cleaning your nostrils out?

:u:...

reports for non constructive activity
Original post by 0to100
reports for non constructive activity

Oh come on it was just a LITTLE bit funny...
Do you mean you've just done some cleaning with bleach, or you've been using bleach to clean for a while and gradually your sense of smell has gone? If the former, probably just until the fumes get out of your nostrils - might be best to get away from the area for a while. If the latter... who knows, sounds like a GP matter tbh.
Oh come on it was just a LITTLE bit funny...

It's not ****ing funny when you're sat around not able to smell, breathe or taste?! Asking a serious question here and you're taking the piss.
Original post by 0to100
It's not ****ing funny when you're sat around not able to smell, breathe or taste?! Asking a serious question here and you're taking the piss.

Sorry ... :frown:
Original post by WoodyMKC
Do you mean you've just done some cleaning with bleach, or you've been using bleach to clean for a while and gradually your sense of smell has gone? If the former, probably just until the fumes get out of your nostrils - might be best to get away from the area for a while. If the latter... who knows, sounds like a GP matter tbh.

...I don't see how the bold part is different to choose a former or latter. I lightly tossed some bleach on the walls and floor and mopped. My eyes burnt like **** and I ran outside and brought all my little siblings out and as I was closest I was the only one who began to feel light headed and now I can't smell...
Original post by 0to100
...I don't see how the bold part is different to choose a former or latter. I lightly tossed some bleach on the walls and floor and mopped. My eyes burnt like **** and I ran outside and brought all my little siblings out and as I was closest I was the only one who began to feel light headed and now I can't smell...

So it's a one-off incidence then - I was referring to whether it was that, or whether you'd been using bleach regularly to clean for months or maybe years and the loss of smell had come on gradually. In which case, yeah, just stay away from the bleach for a while, you've probably just inhaled one too many doses of fumes. If you feel that bad though then obviously an ambulance is probably wise.
Reply 16

Don't apologise.

OP should go to an A&E area.
Original post by eden3
Lmao, this kid is always angry on this site, I wouldn't pay any attention to it. :lol:

yet here you are...

Original post by WoodyMKC
So it's a one-off incidence then - I was referring to whether it was that, or whether you'd been using bleach regularly to clean for months or maybe years and the loss of smell had come on gradually. In which case, yeah, just stay away from the bleach for a while, you've probably just inhaled one too many doses of fumes. If you feel that bad though then obviously an ambulance is probably wise.

An ambulance for my nose? I know what to do in case of an emergency, it's hardly an emergency. Just wanna know how long it'll go on for. Obviously this was directed to anyone who has experienced it before, so they could say "yea I had it, it lasts x amount of hours, days..."

you don't have to post if you're not sure yano

Original post by eden3
Don't apologise.

OP should go to an A&E area.

No it was inappropriate timing for a joke, get lost eden
Does anyone see this is the "advice" column?

Latest

Trending

Trending