The Student Room Group

Ask any question about Shia-Islam thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tawheed
Ideasforlife called me the abusive term 'rafidhi' and gloated about it when i told him how hurt i was. He refused to reply to my salams under the pretext i was not a brother in Islam.

Will you condemn his intolerance ?

Naming calling is something I do not support.
And I would be against such tactics.
It is a shame that people do not return salams, when there is a direct order from Allah swt to return the salam even to non muslims. Now imagine someone who says La ilaha ila Allah (regardless of how vehemently I disagree with their aqeedah)
Reply 301
Original post by IdeasForLife
And this is why you go from 1 vs 1 to 1 vs 2 :tongue:

I swear by Allah, there was one time where i did not want to befriend anyone more than i wanted to remove the bad blood between me and you in terms of such users on here.

This is a serious offer, if you are in London, do you want to meet me at Hyde Park during the afternoon, or Edgeware Road, in a busy location ?

If you're under 18, ignore this, but i assume you're an adult.

Let's chat over coffee, and just iron everything out.

You can bring ibn fulaan, al farhan, and maybe one or two of the others.

Do you know marble arch station, there's a costa near that - and we can go upstairs and order coffee. I will pay as well.

Interested ? Let's just resolve this all.
Original post by Tawheed
Yes i agree.

I'll start with tawassul and waseelah that brother Zamestaneh asked, as i did give him my word i would answer his first.

Apologies for the delays on Q's, shiachat is down and i can't access key things.

No worries.
Btw In my reading I have come across shia hadiths that praise identifying with the term rafidi, and that it is actually a blessed term for shias to identify with.
Have you come across these?
What is your opinion on this?
Reply 303
Original post by Al-farhan
It is a shame that people do not return salams, when there is a direct order from Allah swt to return the salam even to non muslims. Now imagine someone who says La ilaha ila Allah (regardless of how vehemently I disagree with their aqeedah)

I'm glad you have said this, much respect for that.
Original post by Tawheed
I swear by Allah, there was one time where i did not want to befriend anyone more than i wanted to remove the bad blood between me and you in terms of such users on here.

This is a serious offer, if you are in London, do you want to meet me at Hyde Park during the afternoon, or Edgeware Road, in a busy location ?

Do you know marble arch station, there's a costa near that - and we can go upstairs and order coffee. I will pay as well.

I'm up for mediating a kiss and make up.
Reply 305
No worries.
Btw In my reading I have come across shia hadiths that praise identifying with the term rafidi, and that it is actually a blessed term for shias to identify with.
Have you come across these?
What is your opinion on this?

It began as an abusive name. And currently, it is used as an abusive name, which is why you don't really see shia's use it. There was a point where people decided to take that abusive name, and turn it on its head so it meant something good.

When used by a non-shia, it's an abusive name. It's like calling a black person the N word. You often year black rappers and the like using a different version of the N word, but in a totally different context.

When a white person , out of hatred, uses the actual N word, it's clearly absolutely abusive.

I call my self a shia muslim, that is how i want to be referred to. There's a reason Daesh and these groups prefer to use 'rafidha' than 'shia'.
Original post by Tawheed
It began as an abusive name. And currently, it is used as an abusive name, which is why you don't really see shia's use it. There was a point where people decided to take that abusive name, and turn it on its head so it meant something good.

When used by a non-shia, it's an abusive name. It's like calling a black person the N word. You often year black rappers and the like using a different version of the N word, but in a totally different context.

When a white person , out of hatred, uses the actual N word, it's clearly absolutely abusive.

I call my self a shia muslim, that is how i want to be referred to. There's a reason Daesh and these groups prefer to use 'rafidha' than 'shia'.

Well to you these hadiths are fabricated then?
Since they are referred back to the imams, as early as hassan and hussain.
Original post by Tawheed

With all due respect, whilst your words are very nice, your actions don't point towards that. You are extremely careful with words on the Isoc but your words on other threads (e.g. ex mus soc) are quite sectarian towards people who you perceive to be the salafis.

I don't live in London unfortunately and I doubt I'll be heading down that way anytime soon. I wouldn't bring Ibn Fulaan or Al-Farhan, I wouldn't want you to feel as I was trying to gang up on you with them, so one on one chat would've worked best.

No I do not know the coffee shop (I assume it's in London).

Hopefully now that you've said that, I won't be baited into your debates anymore :hat2:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 308
Original post by Tawheed

Am I invited?
Oh I just realised I am a girl...:colonhash:
:getmecoat:

But seriously may Allah bring peace, love and mercy among you all. Ameen. :h:

Original post by Tawheed
Alone in the whole tag teaming sister, definitely not alone in the deen.

Many of you are friends to both me, and the brothers who work (unintentionally) as a group.

You prefer peace, and to stay neutral and loving to everyone, and to resolve disputes, rather than side on them, if you follow me?

Again forgive me for not being clear.

That is more like it Alhamdulillah.

Oh bro I am not at all worthy of praise but I do long for those points. May Allah forgive me. Jzk.

Stop apologising making me feel bad now :redface:

Original post by Tawheed
Yes Alhamdullilah, for several years now :smile: I can't get my wife to help me respond to these posts lol, she has a life.

Please forgive me :frown:

Alhamdulillah :h: I knew but Ya Allah how do you manage to be on tsr?......I just think does she not ask you to get off lol. May Allah bless her and you. Ameen.

Omd she knows???:colondollar:

:colonhash: apologising.

Erm bro I am sorry for going off topic. Don't have to respond. :colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
Look, fair enough. Valid point, and i accept what you've said here. But i do feel , even had the forum been up and running, i may not have been among those invited.Let's be honest, you'd rather have people of the same aqeedah there writing these articles. If you can't handle shia-resources on the OP of I-Soc, i do feel i am vindicated for questioning whether you would allow a shia member to produce articles which you would use.But i guess it's futile discussing what could have been or what could have happened, i owe you a reply on tawassul and waseelah, and i've gotten a bit side-tracked, apologies.
I would say that actually I wouldn't have minded at the time, as I was even more lay than I am now, and subsequently less inclined either way of the Sunni-Shia divide back then, seeing as this was created like 2 years ago near enough (if I remember right)... If we wish to continue the what-if scenario with the mindset I have presently and if the project was started again today, I cannot deny I would disagree with some things (since we would be arguing with different resources), but actually it might come as a shock to you that I would actually welcome contributions using Quranic arguments as they are neutral, and even the use of some hadith would be agreeable to me as they are mirror versions of hadith in our collections, therefore there would be no reason to object; the major disagreements would be limited to topics like Aisha's (RA) age since Sunni and Shia hold different views on these things therefore a unified approach would be impossible. Non-Muslims usually make the same recycled threads about topics mainly specific to fundamental beliefs which are actually common between us, and they are usually more directed at the Quran, so unless there was a major tafsir difference between our beliefs, our voice would be one voice. It is fine, and I don't blame you because admittedly I am somewhat at fault for you being side-tracked.

Would you like me to just bump the specific questions (to ensure a specific answer rather than general clarifications of those topics), or are you okay finding them?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 310
Original post by IdeasForLife

No I do not know the coffee shop (I assume it's in London).

Honestly? You have never heard of Costa?
Original post by Tawheed

I mean I do not know of the costa at marble arch station.
Reply 312
Well to you these hadiths are fabricated then?
Since they are referred back to the imams, as early as hassan and hussain.

I'll answer this, but i do have one question, what on earth is a majoosi ?
Original post by Tawheed

He don't like costa I guess.
Too chav (costa lovers please dont kill me).
Ps just sort it out here guys.
If Ideas oversteps the boundaries I will personally scold him.
And if you do the same i will also scold you.
And this way we can end this.
Reply 314
He don't like costa I guess.
Too chav (costa lovers please dont kill me).
Ps just sort it out here guys.
If Ideas oversteps the boundaries I will personally scold him.
And if you do the same i will also scold you.
And this way we can end this.

I am very tempted to record my responses on sound-cloud for you to listen to. Any thoughts on that? Rather than typing them out.
Original post by Tawheed

Zoroastrian - it comes from the noun/adjective Maji/Majian. It is often used as a derogatory term against Iranians.
Original post by Tawheed
I am very tempted to record my responses on sound-cloud for you to listen to. Any thoughts on that? Rather than typing them out.

If you prefer that then by all means.
Original post by Tawheed
It (rafidhi) began as an abusive name. And currently, it is used as an abusive name, which is why you don't really see shia's use it. There was a point where people decided to take that abusive name, and turn it on its head so it meant something good.
interesting

something similar is happening with "kaffir". It is used by many Muslims as a term of abuse, but now more and more non-Muslim people use it with pride, e.g. on forums ("proud kaffir") - why, even defining themselves as such on t-shirts

I have even heard someone use it as a term of endearment, calling his gf "my kuffarette"

of course, everything is in the intention...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed

It basically means a Zoroastrian
Original post by mariachi
interesting

something similar is happening with "kaffir". It is used by many Muslims as a term of abuse, but now more and more non-Muslim people use it with pride, e.g. on forums - why, even defining themselves as such on t-shirts

I have even heard someone use it as a term of endearment, calling his gf "my kuffarette"

of course, everything is in the intention...

Kaffir has never been a derogatory name. If kaffir is derogatory, then people of the book is also derogatory. Munafiq is also derogatory.
When they are just simple islamic terminology for classifications.
By all means open a new thread if you want to discuss it.

Quick Reply

Latest