The Student Room Group

Muslim matchmaker knowledge

why are they wierd
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shazy2014
Does anyone on here have the adequate social knowledge to be a Muslim matchmaker?

Ahh ukhti is finally ready for marriage. I'm going to get my popcorn and watch you get thousands of rishtas here and watch you reject them all. Btw best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 2
Yea
1- Be Muslim
2- Pick girl
3- Pick man
4- Say to man "Have girl"
5- Job done.
Reply 3
Original post by Raizelcadres
Ahh ukhti is finally ready for marriage. I'm going to get my popcorn and watch you get thousands of rishtas here and watch you reject them all. Btw best of luck :biggrin:

Eyyyy I'm trying to accept one, rejecting is last on my mind!! Cause brother tbh I feel lonely and I need a serious relationship which will help me. Only problem is I'm having problems finding someone, in my area there are no Asians, secondly dating sites have failed and now I'm left asking on here if people have any contacts, but thank you for the best of luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Eyyyy I'm trying to accept one, rejecting is last on my mind!! Cause brother tbh I feel lonely and I need a serious relationship which will help me. Only problem is I'm having problems finding someone, in my area there are no Asians, secondly dating sites have failed and now I'm left asking on here if people have any contacts, but thank you for the best of luck!

Ahh I thought you were kidding. Hmm if your not shy try asking your friends if they know someone or go to a mosque and ask the imam if any brothers are looking to get married.
Reply 5
Ahh I thought you were kidding. Hmm if your not shy try asking your friends if they know someone or go to a mosque and ask the imam if any brothers are looking to get married.

I tried asking them but they don't know anyone who is 😞 And none of the young people in my area go to the mosque it's only older men because the imam can't relate to them. Also none of the guys here are decent, and believe me I'm not being fussy because there all dodgy like drug takers and stuff
I tried asking them but they don't know anyone who is 😞 And none of the young people in my area go to the mosque it's only older men because the imam can't relate to them. Also none of the guys here are decent, and believe me I'm not being fussy because there all dodgy like drug takers and stuff

Dude what area do you live in? I can imagine it being hard if you're in a smaller city.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Dude what area do you live in? I can imagine it being hard if you're in a smaller city.

Yeah it is, I don't want to give away my exact location on here, but it's the south of England, but yeah it is a small town and all us Asians are closely related

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you and if you are currently studying?
Reply 9
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you and if you are currently studying?

I'm eighteen, and I've just finished a levels and going to go uni hopefully in September
I'm eighteen, and I've just finished a levels and going to go uni hopefully in September

Okay thats great, at uni I assure you that you will meet plenty of people (well thats if theres a lot of muslims like in nottingham uni) and btw you're still young and I think you should take your time but its your choice.
Yeah it is, I don't want to give away my exact location on here, but it's the south of England, but yeah it is a small town and all us Asians are closely related

Fair enough. A town. That does explain it. I'm so tempted to set you up with some possible people :lol:My sister has gotten so many rishta's but my mum has just said no to them.
EDIT: WAIT..OP you are 18. Honestly, forget about marriage. And focus on your degree!! You can start worrying at 21/22+
Reply 13
Okay thats great, at uni I assure you that you will meet plenty of people (well thats if theres a lot of muslims like in nottingham uni) and btw you're still young and I think you should take your time but its your choice.

I know I'm young, but in not planning on rushing into anything, like I want to make sure that the person is right. Ohh at uni Do you think so? I'm going to be travelling to uni every day so I doubt I'll go to many social events, and the course I want to, early years education, is female dominated.
Reply 14
EDIT: WAIT..OP you are 18. Honestly, forget about marriage. And focus on your degree!! You can start worrying at 21/22+

Yep in eighteen, no it's not marriage I'm thinking of straight away, I just want to find someone who's special to me and who I can care for, I'll do my degree and stuff at the same time, but this is what I want.
Yep in eighteen, no it's not marriage I'm thinking of straight away, I just want to find someone who's special to me and who I can care for, I'll do my degree and stuff at the same time, but this is what I want.

Idk personally I wouldn't want anything to distract me from my degree and do my most to get a 1st.
Reply 16
Fair enough. A town. That does explain it. I'm so tempted to set you up with some possible people :lol:My sister has gotten so many rishta's but my mum has just said no to them.

Yeah it's a small town, oh right okay! Please do, because I really need some help here and I am definately serious about all of what I've said.
Ohhh why did your mum say no?
Reply 17
Idk personally I wouldn't want anything to distract me from my degree and do my most to get a 1st.

No I'm not the type of person who can get distracted by stuff, I know I can do it
I know I'm young, but in not planning on rushing into anything, like I want to make sure that the person is right. Ohh at uni Do you think so? I'm going to be travelling to uni every day so I doubt I'll go to many social events, and the course I want to, early years education, is female dominated.

Okay that's good. Ohh your going to a university near you. The course doesn't really matter but join the islamic society and try getting a position like in charge of the treasury or something. All the best and inshallah you find someone worthy of you.
Yeah it's a small town, oh right okay! Please do, because I really need some help here and I am definately serious about all of what I've said.
Ohhh why did your mum say no?

No I'm not the type of person who can get distracted by stuff, I know I can do it

Don't take the decision lightly. Have you spoke to your mum. I should have asked that first sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending