The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*nobody nose
Original post by hezzlington
Next to no chemistry education.

I've used bleach many, many times and never had this problem. If you googled it you should of got your answer there?

I'm not having a go at you darling.

I've never bled from being burnt, chemically or from fire. :dontknow:

Aw cute.

I'm not cyber attacking you.

You are so angry. I just want to hug you.

Omg the last line :tongue:opcorn:Can't imagine the fit my little sister would throw if I was to say that to her when she's being grumpy.
Original post by 0to100
I hope so, I read something to put cold water in my nose and blow it out as well but it was on yahooanswers so i wasn't sure lol my mum said get fresh air, drink water, it's happened to her doing cleaning a lot and she says she nearly killed herself, exaggerating though lol

anyway cheers lass :biggrin:

Yes, inhaling plenty of fresh air will definitely help. :smile:
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
Omg the last line :tongue:opcorn:Can't imagine the fit my little sister would throw if I was to say that to her when she's being grumpy.

OP is an angry little cutie. Just needs some tender love & care. His nose will be fiiine.
Probs the bleach/glue.

you want a rep tough guy? lmao and you'd be embarrassing yourself if this convo were in person. Everyone knows bleach has chlorine in it which as you even admitted can ruin lining of the nose which would then lead to temporary or perm loss of smell.

Since I used household product it's hardly an emergency but it was a calm concern of mine. Apparently the damage lasts as long as a regular cold/blocking of the sinuses. Which impairs smell obviously. But you don't go GP for having a COLD do you?
Original post by 0to100
I didn't inhale, just was exposed to them in a small apparently "unventilated area." Which I was, I was cleaning a corner with no mask as I thought I diluted it enough. The rest of your post was unnecessary but if you noticed people were deliberately tryna derail you'd be pissed off as well no? I mean it's obvious, if you don't know the answer, don't post.

Right, well it's just everywhere I've seen or encountered you over the past week or two you've been really off with people even when they're trying to help or contribute. I've made several serious threads here in the past and people do try and banter, quite cheers me up tbh. You just seem to be taking this forum way too seriously all of a sudden.
Original post by Anonymous
*nobody nose

Yea it didn't work the 1st time
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Just for some info i found on the net:

In very severe cases, it can cause swelling of the airways, which can lead to trouble breathing and can be a real medical emergency. Most of the time, this kind of severe injury is caused by direct inhalation of very concentrated chemicals, or working in a small unventilated space. If you are having any trouble breathing, shortness of breath, wheezing, or chest pain these could all be signs of a severe reaction and you should go immediately to A&E.

However, I very much doubt that has happened; I just wanted to let you know some of the more severe symptoms. You will be fine in a couple of days, but as I said, any symptoms above and see your GP.

P.S - wear a mask next time :smile:

Yea I put a scarf around but maybe it were too thin material, I didn't think it would be necessary at all. I'm going round smelling everything and I feel it'll gradually come back.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Right, well it's just everywhere I've seen or encountered you over the past week or two you've been really off with people even when they're trying to help or contribute. I've made several serious threads here in the past and people do try and banter, quite cheers me up tbh. You just seem to be taking this forum way too seriously all of a sudden.

No. No one came in on pg 1 trying to help, they took the piss trying to look tough because they have a crush on me. I had to back kkboy into a proverbial corner before he posted something on topic :rolleyes:
Original post by 0to100
you want a rep tough guy? lmao and you'd be embarrassing yourself if this convo were in person. Everyone knows bleach has chlorine in it which as you even admitted can ruin lining of the nose which would then lead to temporary or perm loss of smell.

Since I used household product it's hardly an emergency but it was a calm concern of mine. Apparently the damage lasts as long as a regular cold/blocking of the sinuses. Which impairs smell obviously. But you don't go GP for having a COLD do you?

I'll have a rep if you have one to give. Why would I be embarrassing myself if this was in person? I haven't said anything embarrassing. I did not know bleach had chlorine in it. I would never assume that using bleach in one instance would cause serious damage to the nose. Making repeated exposure sure, but it sounds like you got out of there pretty rapidly.
Original post by 0to100
No. No one came in on pg 1 trying to help, they took the piss trying to look tough because they have a crush on me. I had to back kkboy into a proverbial corner before he posted something on topic :rolleyes:

Even so, you still come across as angry all the time, you used to just be here having a laugh.
I'll have a rep if you have one to give. Why would I be embarrassing myself if this was in person? I haven't said anything embarrassing. I did not know bleach had chlorine in it. I would never assume that using bleach in one instance would cause serious damage to the nose. Making repeated exposure sure, but it sounds like you got out of there pretty rapidly.

Exactly, embarrassing yourself having a go at me, implying I'm on drugs, implying I'm this and that when you don't even know wtf you're talking about. Deliberately tryna make a mess of my thread because you have a little personal tiff with me :lol: ok boi.
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
You're right it's fun teasing people when you know they get rifled up easily. But please stop :rofl:

oh so he is teasing. And would you just let someone "tease" you?

Original post by WoodyMKC
Even so, you still come across as angry all the time, you used to just be here having a laugh.

Ok woody and you're saying this why?...to carry on the stupid argument when someone already came in to reassure me nothing's wrong?...stop tryna imply I have personal issues so I'm lashing out. I was fine until people came tryna mess my thread up.
Maybe the OP is just having a bad day due to his damaged senses and wanted some serious advice rather than people making a joke out of it? I get like that sometimes to be honest and it can get annoying when people dont take you seriously. :smile:
Original post by 0to100
Exactly, embarrassing yourself having a go at me, implying I'm on drugs, implying I'm this and that when you don't even know wtf you're talking about. Deliberately tryna make a mess of my thread because you have a little personal tiff with me :lol: ok boi.

Ah cmon don't be like that. Wasn't having a go. I didn't imply you were on drugs. Just suggested there may be a case of solvent abuse going on..just joking around :smile:

Yeah tbh I have no idea what i'm on about. I have no issues with bleach when I use it though. :dontknow:
K thanks guys. No need to see a GP, temporary nerve irritation, I just wanted some quick reassurance not a piss take. You can stop tryna look tough now derailing my thread :indiff:
Original post by 0to100
Yea it didn't work the 1st time

Your sense of smell went from 100-0 real quick
Original post by 0to100

Ok woody and you're saying this why?...to carry on the stupid argument when someone already came in to reassure me nothing's wrong?...stop tryna imply I have personal issues so I'm lashing out. I was fine until people came tryna mess my thread up.

It's 2AM.. I wouldn't care. Too hot and tired to give a damn. I don't know how you guys have the energy.
Original post by 0to100

What argument??? Just pointing it out to you, same way I'd point out to my mates if they'd been out of sorts.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Maybe the OP is just having a bad day due to his damaged senses and wanted some serious advice rather than people making a joke out of it? I get like that sometimes to be honest and it can get annoying when people dont take you seriously. :smile:

I already reported, most I can do is defend myself, ignore and report. I've done that, I owe you one for being reasonable and mature. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending