The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

“When a slave’s morning and evening is filled with spending time to worship Allah, Allah will then help him with all of his needs and help him with everything he wishes. He (Allah) will also fill his heart with love to Allah for Allah, his tongue with Dhikr, and his body parts with obedience to Him.

But as for the one who’s morning and evening is filled with thinking about the wordly life, then Allah will let him take care of all of his problems, troubles and sufferings himself. He will take away the love of Allah from his heart and replace it with love for the creation, take away the Dhikr from his tongue and replace it with speech about the creation and take away obedience to Allah from his body parts and replace it with obeying and serving the creation. He will then work like an animal to serve others.”

[Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah RahimahuAllah]
“The servant is never in need of any other thing as much as he is need of guidance to the straight path.”

Reply 582
Original post by Inve
@Zamestaneh Jazak Allah khair for sharing. SubhanAllah. I feel the same h333. Sometimes I hear it recited and it's like I was listening to it the first time again. It's a good sign for the state of our hearts that we respond this way even after hearing it so many times. May Allah increase us in humility and taqwa.

SubhanAllah I feel you :h:
Ameen.
“If you want to benefit from the Qur’aan, gather your heart when it is recited (try to understand it), focus your hearing, and act like you are being directly addressed by Allah.”

Original post by ZuluK
Jazakallah khayr.

I don't know. I lost my grandad yesterday evening and only now have I been able to cry whilst watching the video of Hazrat Ayub. Allah swt is testing us and thank you for your message! You don't know how much it means.

Friends and family say "sorry for your loss, let us know if we can do anything" but it doesn't seem sincere. I'm trying my hardest to hold onto Allah. My hardest. But right now, I'm falling apart. :redface:

Ya Allah, forgive me for these thoughts.

Jazakallah for your message. It's helped me a lot more than my family and friends have been able to offer and for that I'm eternally grateful.

Again, i know all the sorries and condolences really do nothing to take away that pain. I think you will have to , for the immediate time, recover from this shock, and then embark on a long journey where you will come to terms, slowly , with this. I lost my grandma two years ago, suddenly, and i still feel like part of me is missing, but it's far more tolerable than it was before.

I like to think of it like this - death is painful, and seperation is painful. But, death is not anihilation. In a sense, my grandma, and your grandfather are both alive, in a different reality. They are more alive than we are. In some ways, they may really regard us as those who are not truly awake/alive.

May Allah azwj show mercy on your grandfather, my grandmother and all of our brothers/sisters who have passed away.

Please feel free to PM me. It's 1am so i have not been able to write everything i want to, but the doors of my Inbox are always open for you. And i am not just saying that either.
Du'aa is one of the most beneficial cures and the enemy of fitnah (evils and trials), wards it off and treats it, prevents it to happen and cures it if it happens. Du'aa is the weapon of the believer.”

“Obedience is light, disobedience is darkness, the bigger the darkness is, the more confused one is. At last one falls into innovations and misguidance without noticing it.”

[Imam Ibn al Qayyim Rahimahullah]
Original post by ZuluK
Jazakallah khayr.

I don't know. I lost my grandad yesterday evening and only now have I been able to cry whilst watching the video of Hazrat Ayub. Allah swt is testing us and thank you for your message! You don't know how much it means.

Friends and family say "sorry for your loss, let us know if we can do anything" but it doesn't seem sincere. I'm trying my hardest to hold onto Allah. My hardest. But right now, I'm falling apart. :redface:

Jazakallah for your message. It's helped me a lot more than my family and friends have been able to offer and for that I'm eternally grateful.

May Allah swt have mercy on your grandfather, and may he swt wash away his sins and purify him as dirt is washed from the white garment.
May he swt bring you two, and your family, and us all and all the muslims in the company of the beloved Mohamed pbuh.
And may he give you strength and be your rock in this time of need.
Words cannot convey how sad a news this is.
We only have to say what the prophet pbuh said: The eyes tear up, and there is sadness in the heart, but we say only what Pleases Allah.
Inalilah wa inaa ilayhi raji'oon
Question, whats the difference between sunni and shia :I I know the tawib (hitting on chest and stuff) that shia's do is not what sunnis do but i think that the hitting part is more culture base inflicting with religion?
Original post by AneebMalik
Question, whats the difference between sunni and shia :I I know the tawib (hitting on chest and stuff) that shia's do is not what sunnis do but i think that the hitting part is more culture base inflicting with religion?

I direct you to the dedicated thread for this:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4178104
You may not get an answer quickly though as there is others being answered.
Original post by Al-farhan

Thanks brother.
Reply 591
Original post by Tawheed
Again, i know all the sorries and condolences really do nothing to take away that pain. I think you will have to , for the immediate time, recover from this shock, and then embark on a long journey where you will come to terms, slowly , with this. I lost my grandma two years ago, suddenly, and i still feel like part of me is missing, but it's far more tolerable than it was before.

I like to think of it like this - death is painful, and seperation is painful. But, death is not anihilation. In a sense, my grandma, and your grandfather are both alive, in a different reality. They are more alive than we are. In some ways, they may really regard us as those who are not truly awake/alive.

May Allah azwj show mercy on your grandfather, my grandmother and all of our brothers/sisters who have passed away.

Please feel free to PM me. It's 1am so i have not been able to write everything i want to, but the doors of my Inbox are always open for you. And i am not just saying that either.

Ameen!

I like that and it makes a lot of sense. How we are the ones who aren't awake... It resonates so much with me. Because we aren't are we? We won't be truly alive or awake until we are dead and face Allah. The irony of it.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. The pain doesn't ever go away does it? It just gets numb and stays like a dull ache you get used to.

Am I okay to PM you even if I'm a sister? Because I know some don't feel comfortable or like that so I don't want to do any wrong by you. It's the moment when even prayin Esha hasn't made my heart any lighter but has just bought so many questions. Never have I felt my imaan so weak.

Jazakallah khayr for your messages.

May Allah swt have mercy on your grandfather, and may he swt wash away his sins and purify him as dirt is washed from the white garment.
May he swt bring you two, and your family, and us all and all the muslims in the company of the beloved Mohamed pbuh.
And may he give you strength and be your rock in this time of need.
Words cannot convey how sad a news this is.
We only have to say what the prophet pbuh said: The eyes tear up, and there is sadness in the heart, but we say only what Pleases Allah.
Inalilah wa inaa ilayhi raji'oon

Ameen. Ameen. Ameen.

Jazakallah khayr for your words and prayers.

Inna lillahi wa ina ilayhi rajioon.

okay then
Original post by ZuluK
Ameen!

I like that and it makes a lot of sense. How we are the ones who aren't awake... It resonates so much with me. Because we aren't are we? We won't be truly alive or awake until we are dead and face Allah. The irony of it.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. The pain doesn't ever go away does it? It just gets numb and stays like a dull ache you get used to.

Am I okay to PM you even if I'm a sister? Because I know some don't feel comfortable or like that so I don't want to do any wrong by you. It's the moment when even prayin Esha hasn't made my heart any lighter but has just bought so many questions. Never have I felt my imaan so weak.

Ameen. Ameen. Ameen.

I know losing grandparents is not easy.
I always add them to my prayer in sujuud as much as I can.
So don't forget that brother.
Reply 594
I know losing grandparents is not easy.
I always add them to my prayer in sujuud as much as I can.
So don't forget that brother.

That means so much to me! What got to me was seeing my dad break down in front of me and not being able to help.

Jazakallah khayr!

Spoiler

Original post by ZuluK
That means so much to me! What got to me was seeing my dad break down in front of me and not being able to help.

Jazakallah khayr!

Spoiler

Apologies sister.
These situations are hard and the worst times someone can be.
Even though we know death will come for us all and none shall be left except your Lord.
Where are we weak humans from breaking down when the prophet pbuh had tears himself when he lost his son.
It is times like this a sincere prayer/salah can really help:
نَّمَا أَشْكُو بَثِّي وَحُزْنِي إِلَى اللَّهِ
He said: I only complain of my grief and sorrow to Allah

To open up to him swt and feel closeness to him.
Original post by ZuluK
Jazakallah khayr.

Salam

Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.
That is very upsetting to hear. I can't imagine what you're going through SubhanAllah.
May Allah (SWT) have mercy on him, grant him a high place in jannah and relieve you and your family's suffering.

Know that one day we will all have to return to our creator. Even the greatest man to walk this earth did not live forever.

Insha Allah we will all be reunited in jannah with our loved ones.

Isolate yourself for a bit, and just listen to the Quran and try and really reflect on what is being said with the translation in front of you.
This is one of the things that really helps me when I'm having a bad day.

Feel free to PM me if you want to get everything off your chest, or if you want a general chit chat to get your mind off things. Stay strong :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 597
Apologies sister.
These situations are hard and the worst times someone can be.
Even though we know death will come for us all and none shall be left except your Lord.
Where are we weak humans from breaking down when the prophet pbuh had tears himself when he lost his son.
It is times like this a sincere prayer/salah can really help:
نَّمَا أَشْكُو بَثِّي وَحُزْنِي إِلَى اللَّهِ
He said: I only complain of my grief and sorrow to Allah

To open up to him swt and feel closeness to him.

That is true. Even though Allah knows what is in my heart, I think I just need to actually say it out loud and make sense of it myself. Inshalah, Allah will carry on guiding me on the right path. I just pray that I get my full Imaan back and that this stumble is only a stumble.

Thank you for your words! :h:

Original post by HAnwar
Salam

Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.
That is very upsetting to hear. I can't imagine what you're going through SubhanAllah.
May Allah (SWT) have mercy on him, grant him a high place in jannah and relieve you and your family's suffering.

Know that one day we will all have to return to our creator. Even the greatest man to walk this earth did not live forever.

Insha Allah we will all be reunited in jannah with our loved ones.

Isolate yourself for a bit, and just listen to the Quran and try and really reflect on what is being said with the translation in front of you.
This is one of the things that really helps me when I'm having a bad day.

Feel free to PM me if you want to get everything off your chest, or if you want a general chit chat to get your mind off things. Stay strong :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Salaam Sister,

Jazakallah khayr for your words! I really appreciate them. I have many friends but sometimes it's the words of the fellow Muslims who understand and are able to help with a few simple words which go the furthest and help the most.

Plus Ameen.

I'm feeling a lot better compared to a few hours ago. :redface: coming from an Asian family, it's hard to isolate yourself especially during this time. But I hope to have a few days to myself once my parents are gone so I can reflect on myself and my questions and find the answers I need.

Thank you for your offer for the PM. I hope to take you up on it soon once my head is but a clearer but I really appreciatet the words.

Jazakallah khayr sister! :h:
Reply 598
@ZuluK Assalamu Alaikum sis <33

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raj'iun. :frown:

I am sorry to hear about your loss. May Allah grant your grandfather jannah. Ameen. May Allah grant you and your family sabr. Ameen.

I understand how you must be feeling right now, I have lost so many of my close relatives one after the other. But Allah knows best SubhanAllah. This is our destination indeed as every soul will taste death. Let your tears flow out and open up to Allah SWT sister. Ask Allah to bless you with sabr and mercy insha'Allah. Prayer is the solution SubhanAllah.

Feel free to PM sis anytime xxxx <3
Original post by ZuluK
Ameen!

Indeed. sister. One thing i want to share is that my grandma was also completely blind. So i thought to myself, not only can she actually see in terms of vision, her awareness of reality and truth is so much more heightened, it is i who am blind and i who am dead relative to her awareness.

The pain never goes. But it becomes bearable and you are able to move on, inshAllah. Every good deed you do, through good off-spring, your grandfather will benefit, inshAllah.

Right now, your reaction (i.e shock, grief) is normal. Try to gather some strength to grieve properly, and make it through the short-term.

If it's rather personal issues, perhaps it would be best (and you may feel better in doing so) to PM a sister here, and there are some of the kindest sisters you'll ever meet on this thread.

If your imaan is weak, and there's a question or doubt on the existence of God, the Quran, evil , injustice, or if you want any advice in terms of how to deal with loss or grief, i would be more than willing to reply to PMs to help address these issues.

On another note, we are all open here on the I-Soc, no-one will ever tell you off for posting about how you're coping on here.

Ameen. Ameen. Ameen.

May Allah azwj reunite us with our loved ones in the hereafter, in an existence of eternal happiness, wherein there is no loss. The life of this world is but a deceitful enjoyment, the life of the hereafter - that is the true life!

Our near and dear die, one after one, but it is not death, but they are the ones who become truly alive. InshAllah he has mercy on us all, and grants us the intercession of Muhammed s.a.w

Latest

Trending

Trending