The Student Room Group

Univ of Bristol vs Univ of Birmingham

I have offers to do TESOL (MSc) master program in University of Bristol and TEFL (MA) in University of Birmingham. Which one I should choose? Help!
Bristol, more prestigious
Reply 2
Original post by Abstract_Prism

How about the living experience in both city?
Original post by rheoreo
How about the living experience in both city?

Not sure really, haven't been to either, but Bristol has been named as the best city to live in in England.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/bristol-named-britain-s-best-city-to-live-in-9210931.html
Reply 4
Original post by rheoreo
I have offers to do TESOL (MSc) master program in University of Bristol and TEFL (MA) in University of Birmingham. Which one I should choose? Help!

Do you have any preference between the programmes? I guess TESOL would leave your options more open. People like a MSc too. I'm from Birmingham though, moved back here from uni to start my MA (also this September!)

I have friends who have lived in Bristol and they love it, it's much smaller than Birmingham but very trendy, lots going on and great culture. Very expensive though. It's worth noting that those friends have moved back out of choice.

I absolutely love Birmingham. There are some amazing areas to live, especially in the South which is where the university is. There is also a lot going on and some trendy areas, great culture and so on. Not just limited to student culture either but a really diverse culture with a lot of independent businesses great music venues etc. Slightly cheaper than Bristol but much more expensive than most of the North.

Basically - I'm biased but I would say Birmingham. Unless you have a very strong preference for the programme at Bristol.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by abc:)
Do you have any preference between the programmes? I guess TESOL would leave your options more open. People like a MSc too. I'm from Birmingham though, moved back here from uni to start my MA (also this September!)

I have friends who have lived in Bristol and they love it, it's much smaller than Birmingham but very trendy, lots going on and great culture. Very expensive though. It's worth noting that those friends have moved back out of choice.

I absolutely love Birmingham. There are some amazing areas to live, especially in the South which is where the university is. There is also a lot going on and some trendy areas, great culture and so on. Not just limited to student culture either but a really diverse culture with a lot of independent businesses great music venues etc. Slightly cheaper than Bristol but much more expensive than most of the North.

Basically - I'm biased but I would say Birmingham. Unless you have a very strong preference for the programme at Bristol.

Well, the content of both courses from Birmingham and Bristol are interesting, the only thing that I am considering is the MSc and MA, I'm from Indonesia and it's quite uncommon here to master TESOL with MSc degree (most of them with MA!).

Overall, the University of Bristol ranks higher than Birmingham in the table leagues, but I believe that both courses are really strong and excellent.

From what I've googled Bristol is surely a lovely city, and I love that! But I also heard that it's much more expensive than living in Birmingham. I mean, is the cost living in bristol worth it?
Reply 6
Original post by rheoreo
Well, the content of both courses from Birmingham and Bristol are interesting, the only thing that I am considering is the MSc and MA, I'm from Indonesia and it's quite uncommon here to master TESOL with MSc degree (most of them with MA!).

Overall, the University of Bristol ranks higher than Birmingham in the table leagues, but I believe that both courses are really strong and excellent.

From what I've googled Bristol is surely a lovely city, and I love that! But I also heard that it's much more expensive than living in Birmingham. I mean, is the cost living in bristol worth it?

If you can afford it then it is worth it! It is small but lovely whereas Birmingham is big and fun. Honestly, you will have a great experience in either of the cities.
Original post by Abstract_Prism

if I am concern about the ranking only, which school school I choose?

thank you😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending