The Student Room Group

Why immigration can't be reduced

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ByEeek
I have no idea if your are trolling or not, but that post just makes me very very sad and isn't worthy of a response.

It is very true, we only get buy supplies off companies who directors are black or if there is a majority black workforce if its a bit cheaper. When i go to the corner shops when im out and about if i see it is a asian shopkeeper i walk back out England is nlw much like the build up to nazi germany
Reply 21
Original post by MyBloodisBlue
It is very true, we only get buy supplies off companies who directors are black or if there is a majority black workforce if its a bit cheaper. When i go to the corner shops when im out and about if i see it is a asian shopkeeper i walk back out England is nlw much like the build up to nazi germany

LOL
It's only racists & idiots who want zero immigration. I don't think there's anything wrong with ensuring the people who do come here are going to fill the jobs where there's a shortage - so a points style system across the board would help ensure that's the case. I don't think we should be afraid to shut out groups who fundamentally disagree with the UK's principles either although I admit that this is far easier said than done.

It'd be interesting to know how much of the migration is foreign students & if they stay here after their course has ended.
Ideally we should be training British workers to fill gaps in the labour market rather than importing foreign labour in but this is a longer term aspiration.
It is worth remembering that automation is coming & very soon it'll be robots/machines taking people's jobs so at that point immigration isn't going to need to be high. Especially if we do go towards a Universal Basic Income system.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending