The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Applied for accommodation in May but not heard back?

So I registered my interest on May 30th and got the reply saying they would be in touch once I am eligible but have not heard anything since? I live 28 miles away (30 miles from the city centre) so I am pretty sure I meet the criteria. The site says I am good as long as details are registered before August 15 but everybody else seems to already have their places completely sorted out. Should I be following up on this? I am starting to get a little edgy between this and my student finance not being completely sorted.
Is this your firm or insurance? Maybe you're not eligible because you haven't had your grades yet? Read the instructions again carefully and if in doubt email and ask. If the instructions say you're ok till August 15th then wait. Don't worry about other poeple.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Don't worry, I won't hear about mine until next month
Reply 3
Original post by tuxyu
So I registered my interest on May 30th and got the reply saying they would be in touch once I am eligible but have not heard anything since? I live 28 miles away (30 miles from the city centre) so I am pretty sure I meet the criteria. The site says I am good as long as details are registered before August 15 but everybody else seems to already have their places completely sorted out. Should I be following up on this? I am starting to get a little edgy between this and my student finance not being completely sorted.

Original post by alleycat393
Is this your firm or insurance? Maybe you're not eligible because you haven't had your grades yet? Read the instructions again carefully and if in doubt email and ask. If the instructions say you're ok till August 15th then wait. Don't worry about other poeple.

Alleycat is right about to ask about this:

1) Unless MMU is your firm choice, you won't be able to register for accomodation until you make it your firm choice.

2) The application process also says that 'eligible conditional firm students will be invited to apply for a room once results have been released and their offer becomes unconditional', so you won't actually be able to physically apply for accomodation until August 15th.

Those that will have their accomodation sorted already will either be current students moving back into student accomodation or those who hold unconditional firm offers

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 4
It's my firm choice but your replies have set my mind at ease a bit, thanks guys. Especially Deyesy, that is extremely helpful.

Just wish there was more time between results day and the start of term, gonna be hectic.
Reply 5
Original post by tuxyu
It's my firm choice but your replies have set my mind at ease a bit, thanks guys. Especially Deyesy, that is extremely helpful.

Just wish there was more time between results day and the start of term, gonna be hectic.

No worries :smile: I completely get your anxiousness about accomodation! I was in your position two summers ago and once it had been sorted, it was such a weight off my shoulders.

Thankfully, moving in day isn't until the 17th/18th of September so you'll have about a month to get everything sorted ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending