The Student Room Group

Why does the left REFUSE to acknowledge Islams role in TERRORism?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by MildredMalone
I never really got the virgins thing. Surely they'd either be children (looking at their prophet that probably would appeal) or a bunch of Ugly Bettys.
This is a mistake often made by ignorant kuffar. They are not real people. They are 90ft high, specially created sex drones called Houri. They have no bodily functions or body hair, and their skin is transparent so you can see to the marrow of their bones.
I **** you not!
Reply 81
Original post by offhegoes
We should also blame right-wingers for racism then.
When they are responsible for it. Yes.
Why would you think otherwise?
Original post by JeremyHunt
Weird thing is, the left is also a strong supporter of gay/womens rights. However Islam (even moderate Islam) is heavily against this

i remember doing this as a topic in Philosophy. "Should you tolerate the intolerant?"

It's quite a paradox and something I struggle with.
Reply 83
Original post by fksociety
radical islam and Islamic fundamentalism is the problem. Your average conservative muslim isnt an issue even if they condone the questionable aspects of their religion.
If you condone violence and intolerance, you are partly responsible when someone else actually does it.
Not rocket science.
Reply 84
Original post by generallee
Don't be ridiculous.

The Islamic State beheaded a Japanese journalist recently. Japan doesn't have any Muslims (bet they really miss them!) and has had had no involvement in the middle east.
Presumably they found him guilty of "spreading mischief" (what journo doesn't?), which is punishable by death, with crucifixion as one of the alternatives (Quran 5:33)
Original post by QE2
If you condone violence and intolerance, you are partly responsible when someone else actually does it.
Not rocket science.

How are you partly responsible when you have no connections to the incident?
Let's say that I support the Nazis, does that mean I am responsible for the Holocaust? No. Your logic is inherently fallacious.
Reply 86
Original post by Josb
There is no "computer monitor" in prison; and prisoners cannot watch ISIS related propaganda.

So you mean that some people decide to commit a terrorist attack because of a war in a foreign land, whilst their host country has nothing to do with it? Why is it only Muslims that become so radicalised that they decide to randomly kill people?

Syria is not the only war in the world, you know. You don't see Ukrainians or Congolese killing people in the West because of the war in their country.
Fascinating discussion. Well worth a listen.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06sb42j
The point relevant to this is the story of when an imam was brought into a prison to talk to a Muslim inmate who had been radicalised. After 30 mins in a room with him, he came out looking worried and said "He's got a point".

Makes you think!
Original post by QE2
This is a mistake often made by ignorant kuffar. They are not real people. They are 90ft high, specially created sex drones called Houri. They have no bodily functions or body hair, and their skin is transparent so you can see to the marrow of their bones.
I **** you not!

Christ, I can't imagine anything less sexy tbh.
Original post by QE2
That's a bit like saying that lager bears no responsibility for alcoholism, only vodka.

No, what you're saying is that having a small drink once in a while and alcoholism are the same problem.
Reply 89
How are you partly responsible when you have no connections to the incident?
Let's say that I support the Nazis, does that mean I am responsible for the Holocaust? No. Your logic is inherently fallacious.
I am at a loss as to how to respond to your argument.

"I am a Nazi party member. I have read Mein Kampf, and think that it is 100% right and true. I consider the Fuhrer to be a great and righteous leader. But I did not actually take part in the Final Solution, so it has nothing to do with me."

What was that you were saying about inherently fallacious?
Reply 90
Original post by tanyapotter
No, what you're saying is that having a small drink once in a while and alcoholism are the same problem.
You made the point of Islam and Extremist Islam being unconnected.

What is the difference between Islam and Extremist Islam?
Surely it is just Islam without moderation or responsibility.
Original post by QE2
I am at a loss as to how to respond to your argument.

Thought so.
Reply 92
Thought so.
Didn't bother with the rest of my post then?

Thought not.
sheep.
Reply 94
Personally, I have a few muslim friends and they're kind and caring. It's got to be the mental state of particular muslims that lead them to Islamic extremism.

The big question here is what can we do about this, seen as though there is an undisputable link between terrorism and Islam. We can't simply do what Donald Trump proposed and kick out supporters of Islam, as that's a case of punishing everyone for what the minority have done.

What about booting out anyone with links to extremism, but then isn't that counter productive as how do you find the others when you kick out the only suspicious apparent extremists in your country?

Is there any solution to this problem whatsoever, anyone any ideas?
Reply 95
Original post by Fadel
What size is that?

12 inch. wannepiece?
Original post by tanyapotter
You answered it yourself. We don't acknowledge Islam to be the problem, because extreme Islam is the problem.

As long as the religion exists, *it will be a problem. It's an intolerant, medieval, violent religion which celebrates the life of a war mongering, murdering, pedophile rapist.
* It is the problem.*
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 97
Original post by lewis7
Is there any solution to this problem whatsoever, anyone any ideas?
Long term, Islam needs an enlightenment reformation. The peacefull majority can't claim that the violent minority are "wrong", when they are simply taking a literalist, retentionist, reactionary approach to the same scripture that the majority take a revisionist, modernist approach to - but they both claim is perfect, unchangable, universal and timeless.

Only when the majority say that the Quran is not the infallible word of god, as applicable today as it was 1400 years ago, can there be a genuine separation between the "moderates" and "extremists". Because at the moment, they are simply two sides of the same coin.
Original post by QE2
That's a bit like saying that lager bears no responsibility for alcoholism, only vodka.

terrible comparison

do you think the degree to which someone follows Islam is a continuous variable?
Reply 99
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
terrible comparison
If you think the analogy fails, you need to explain why.

do you think the degree to which someone follows Islam is a continuous variable?
Obviously.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending