The Student Room Group

Help me pick an EPQ topic!

To all,

I'm seriously interested in doing the EPQ, and I'm all prepared to go ahead and d it, but the problem is that I can't decide which topic to do it on.

I've narrowed it down to 3/4:
- historical accuracy of Pirates of the Caribbean
- Historical accuracy of major Game of Thrones battles - Blackwater, Castle Black, S6 Winterfell etc.
- Infamous women in history who changed the world.

You can probably tell that I'm more history based with my choices; now which one would you pick out of the ones above - or do you have other suggestions?
I think that infamous women would be easy, because you have Boudicca to look at.
Original post by Mvine001
I think that infamous women would be easy, because you have Boudicca to look at.

That's what I was thinking - I've been looking at the rejected princesses website for ideas - there's loads of suggestions on there, and I've been thinking using it for a way to gather a variety of cultures etc. into the study.

Link to the website
Reply 3
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
To all,

I'm seriously interested in doing the EPQ, and I'm all prepared to go ahead and d it, but the problem is that I can't decide which topic to do it on.

I've narrowed it down to 3/4:
- historical accuracy of Pirates of the Caribbean
- Historical accuracy of major Game of Thrones battles - Blackwater, Castle Black, S6 Winterfell etc.
- Infamous women in history who changed the world.

You can probably tell that I'm more history based with my choices; now which one would you pick out of the ones above - or do you have other suggestions?

First one has only the movies (as far as I know?) to study, the third one is too broad.

For game of thrones you can look at both the series and the books which gives you enough resources to do a detailed but concise essay. Feel like it would be easiest to gain top marks with this topic.
The infamous women may be a ridiculously wide range, but there have been infamous women throughout history, so would be the easiest to do. That's what I would do if I did EPQ. Actually, I might do that for my second year of A levels.
Reply 5
The GoT's one seems really interesting as you could analyse the battle itself as well as the evens leading up to the battle (as well as the aftermath).
Guys, I'm still no closer to deciding what to pick - I just can't seem to make my mind up...

Quick Reply

Latest